Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2011, 23:13   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Activa vs TVS Wego. We went with the Wego.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Why go to the dealer? Your activa should command a strong resale value. Book an aviator, once you get it in 4 mos, sell the activa by yourself.
My brother is a Honda Activa lover and he likes his Activa, I was persuing him to exchange it with the new gen Activa for its new breaking technology I'm sorry forgot the name of the concept. He liked the new Activa after a test drive, it is much comfortable than the older ones even the aviator looks cool but then decided for the new Activa but the attitude of them even giving us the details of booking was kind of " we are much in demand and don't have time to discuss " and we did return.

I thought it is with one dealer but it seems that's their way, recently one of my friends dad booked a Activa and got the delivery after 6 months and even then he told me his experience which was again the same reluctant, careless and moreover they made them feel as if they are doing a big time favour on delivering the vehicle, uncle paid the total amount at 10:00 AM and they made wait till 12:00 pm then said the vehicle is not ready asked to come at 4:00 pm vehicle arrived but no PDI done after much persuation the vehicle was delivered at around 6:00 pm.

Had he called me atleast a day before I would have adviced them to go for WEGO or Access 125.
Old 21st February 2011, 15:59   #47
BHPian

Can the Wego take in the Vega Boolean helmet under the seat? My wife loves that helmet and since I am looking to purchase a scoot, this is one of the priorities for her in the new scoot. The old Activa cannot take it in without scratching it.

Prajwal
Old 21st February 2011, 20:02   #48
BHPian

I went along with my neighbor to a Honda showroom/service center yesterday in Ghaziabad. While his bike was being serviced, I went around the showroom looking at the vehicles on display.
On a Dazzler on display, I noticed rust at the welding joints on the chassis, below the handle. I thought it might be one off vehicle issue. However, when I looked at all the vehicles (Unicorn, Twister included)on display, all had rust at exactly the same spot!

Even my 17 year old bike, still on original paint does not have such issues.

Also, noticed one white Activa with paint missing from a portion of front grill. Is Honda starting to compromise on Quality to bump up production numbers?

I would not had expected brand new vehicles to have such issues.
Old 22nd February 2011, 09:48   #49
BHPian

Few pictures of the bike purchased yesterday, sorry for the low quality as it got a bit dark. This is my first experience with a bike, Please suggest the preventive maintenance to be done.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Activa vs TVS Wego. We went with the Wego.-dsc03143.jpg  

Honda Activa vs TVS Wego. We went with the Wego.-dsc03144.jpg  

Honda Activa vs TVS Wego. We went with the Wego.-dsc03145.jpg  

Old 22nd February 2011, 14:34   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
This is my first experience with a bike, Please suggest the preventive maintenance to be done.
Congrats on the Wego and white suits Wego very well.

Since its a new bike, the scheduled services should take care of the maintenance bit. Please follow the run-in instructions as indicated in the manual and you should be all set.
Old 22nd February 2011, 16:17   #51
BHPian

But the main part - Engine!

Do you think the WEGO engine will last half as good as Activa engine?

My Activa has run 60K kms and the engine is still very very good! Do you think one can say the same about WEGO engine?

If yes, they have successfully copied Activa without the long waiting periods!

BTW, does wego have a TVS engine?
Old 9th March 2011, 18:55   #52
BHPian

Facing a peculiar problem with the centre stand on the wego, it keeps hitting the ground like a pendulum when going over bumpy road or humps.

Is this normal?

Thanks,
vinod
Old 9th March 2011, 21:24   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
But the main part - Engine!

Do you think the WEGO engine will last half as good as Activa engine?

My Activa has run 60K kms and the engine is still very very good! Do you think one can say the same about WEGO engine?

If yes, they have successfully copied Activa without the long waiting periods!

BTW, does wego have a TVS engine?
I trust TVS with their technology/engines. We have a 9 year old Victor with more than 50K on the Odo running with no problem. Wego's engine shouldn't be different either.
Old 10th March 2011, 20:40   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Facing a peculiar problem with the centre stand on the wego, it keeps hitting the ground like a pendulum when going over bumpy road or humps.

Is this normal?

Thanks,
vinod
Congrats Vinod on the Wego. I've never faced such a situation. May be it has to do some thing with the springs of the stand. Get it checked.
My 3,500 km and 2 service report is as follows :
It has been 6 months, 3,500km & 2 free services.
Service experience :
I should rate it a 7/10. I was charged Rs 200 for oil during my first service and was not charged for the second service. Second service is just a check up and even though it is mentioned, that engine oil and transmission oil has to be checked and topped up, I'm not sure whether it was done. The vehicle was received by a lady (their service advisor ?) who doesn't have basic knowledge about the vehicle. I had to explain the issues very elaborately and finally I was referred to a technician. I believe TVS should improve in this part. Other things are just fine. They gave me a call once the service was over (basic common stuff).
Vehicle cleanliness after service : 9/10.
Behavior of staff : 10/10.
Promptness of delivery : 10/10

A note about wego :
There was a question some where in earlier post, whether I'll refer wego to close aid for use above 5 years. My answer will be YES. Till this date I'm happy and satisfied with the vehicle. The three of us (myself, wife & my dad) who uses this vehicle has nothing bad to tell about it. This is a practical vehicle for daily use with good ride control, decent braking, comfort and riding position. I used to ride 60km a day for around 3 weeks as I sold off my 2005 Honda Unicorn and replaced it with 2010 Honda Unicorn ( a different story). Never I had backache or shoulder stiffness. The FE was quite decent (48km/L approx). What else should I expect from this?
Things to improve :
1. Front forks would have been better if big. I feel it is not strong enough as aviator.
2. Headlights should improve.
3. Fit and finish.
That's all for now. Keep watching this thread for recent happenings about my wego.

Last edited by drdeepudev : 10th March 2011 at 21:06. Reason: Had to include report.
Old 10th April 2011, 17:40   #55

Nice review; especially I love reviews with lot of photos. In fact I saw this review after we booked a White Wego with an advance amount that we gave to the TVS dealer in Whitefield - Bangalore.

The things I liked about Wego is, lighter than any other scooters of the segment, has a better control and balance (might be the body balance -centrally placed engine did the magic). The seat was very spacious and enough for people like us (medium build).

I had the advantage of comparing with my sister's 3 day old Honda Aviator, and other close family's bikes like 2 months old Honda Pleasure, Honda Activa and Scooty Pep all driven almost weekly once from the time it came into our family.

The only thing I wished is pick-up. But I am totally happy with the current pick-up, and sure this could be tweaked compromising on the fuel efficiency. But all I want is efficiency.

The dealers were also confident about Wego and they gave me their internet ready desktop to search and compare what ever I wanted with before booking. Waiting period is said as 15 days.
Old 16th April 2011, 18:10   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvishnu7 View Post
Nice review; especially I love reviews with lot of photos.
The dealers were also confident about Wego and they gave me their internet ready desktop to search and compare what ever I wanted with before booking. Waiting period is said as 15 days.
Which dealer is this? I got my Wego from Triton TVS at CBI road, opp Veterinary college. They gave me same day delivery. I can still see about 20 Wegos lying on the footpath next to their showroom.
Old 13th September 2011, 15:17   #57
BHPian

Hi All,
I am planning to buy a Scooter for my Wife. I checked up in Showrooms in Kolhapur the Honda wait period is 8-9 months if booked with only Rs.1000/- and if booked with full amount then it is 3 months at least.
Suzuki Access – The wait period is 6-7 months. Also I did not like the way the silencer is placed in Access , I feel it looks ODD with crome plating on top of it.
TVS WEGO – It is readily avaialable in 2 colors and can be made avaialabel in next 7-8 days for rest 2 colors if booked with Rs.1000/- as they were expecting the next lot of delivery soon.
The behaviour of TVS showroom employee was excellent even after I went there at 6.30pm which is kind of closing time for the staff,where as Suzuki and Honda staff was careless about who is wandering in their showroom and looking for Scooter. They were busy in handling only Bike customers . Especially Honda staff was only looking after CBR customer queries and just ignoring Activa customers.
Then I checked up in Pune
Honda showroom- Nobody was atteding the customers for Scooter , after I checked up with receptionist , she called up one person who seemed to be some senior and told us that the wait period is 4-5 months if booked . When I told one reference which happens to be so close to one of the owners then he told me that he will try to deliver the vehicle in 1 month if I book it immediatly.
TVS showroom , I called 2 Pune showrooms today . One told me that the vehicle is not avaialable and booking also is closed and he can not say when it will open.
Second at Century TVS , i spoke to one sales rep Lady , she told me that 1 color is not avaialble and rest 3 are avlbl. If I want it around month end , she told me I can just pay Rs.1000-Rs.2000 and book it even though it is avlbl she can keep the vehicle aside. Also the staff was very courteous and humble compared to other showroom where the guy was rude and rough.
I have now decided to go for White WEGO and not wait for Activa as I am buying for a need and not for fun.

Tarkesh
Old 26th October 2011, 17:54   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ if pressing the start button with one brake lever pressed does not even move the starter,then either the brake switch or the starter button is defective.

The starter and horn switches are a hopeless design and no one can say how long they'll last

If the starter does move but the engine does not fire,then the air-fuel mix is not set properly ; set the air screw to approx 1 turn open from fully close and all will be well.
Old 24th November 2014, 12:03   #59
BHPian

TVS WEGO is the gearless bike launched by the company to compete many famous brands like Honda Activa, Vespa etc. The built is quite sleek and light with high rigidity under bone type chassis and a ground clearance of 150 mm. It is available in some very catchy colors and is one way to attract the young crowd towards it. The only dark point spotted for this bike is that it’s quite pricey for the majority of the Indian market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks