Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2011, 18:38   #16
BHPian

re: Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Thanks for the post. Just one question: Was your Punto counted in S category or M category? We may take our Swift there, i guess it will fall in the same category as Punto
Akmar, SWIFT falls under Medium Category. I recently got my SWIFT's paint sealant protection done at 3M chennai and the car was considered to be under M category.
Old 26th December 2011, 11:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Thanks for the post. Just one question: Was your Punto counted in S category or M category? We may take our Swift there, i guess it will fall in the same category as Punto
Sorry for the late reply friend.

Punto comes in M category.
Old 4th January 2012, 11:30   #18
Team-BHP Support

I'm taking the Accord here today to try it out. Not that I'm unhappy with my present detailer, but since its an official 3M place why not give it a shot. Only problem is its about 45 mins from home. Anyway I'll update back here later.
Old 4th January 2012, 16:39   #19
bhp
BHPian

Exterior and Interior detailing done on my white fortuner at 3M andheri west. Costed me Rs 7000/-.
6-7 guys were working together on the car and it was ready in 4 hours. I am really very impressed with the results.
Only cars like 800, Alto , santro are considered in the small category.
Old 4th January 2012, 16:55   #20
BHPian

I just spoke to someone on the mentioned mobile number to get my Motorbike 3M treated (Teflon treatment). But they are not into motorcycles. 3M is very very highly recommended for whoever wants to get their cars done.
Old 4th January 2012, 20:33   #21
Team-BHP Support

Just got back from there. And its kind of a mixed feeling. I would give it a 7.5/10. The detail in detailing is missing here, some parts were not done too well and missed out while wiping. Overall the car does look great again but its the small things that matter to me. Also the drive was a bit far for me. For people who live close by its highly recommended by me, but just keep and eye on the car. The facilities too seem very good and the people are nice. What is to be seen is how good the 3M products are and how long the shine lasts for.
Old 4th January 2012, 20:47   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Just got back from there. And its kind of a mixed feeling. I would give it a 7.5/10. The detail in detailing is missing here, some parts were not done too well and missed out while wiping. Overall the car does look great again but its the small things that matter to me. Also the drive was a bit far for me. For people who live close by its highly recommended by me, but just keep and eye on the car. The facilities too seem very good and the people are nice. What is to be seen is how good the 3M products are and how long the shine lasts for.
Akshay, did you go to the Andheri place or the Borivili one? And how would you compare them against your Kamyo experience?
I need to get my car detailed and as I stay in the eastern suburbs, am in a quandry as to whether I drive down all the way to them or just call Kamyo over.

Last edited by f1fan : 4th January 2012 at 20:51.
Old 5th January 2012, 10:43   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Akshay, did you go to the Andheri place or the Borivili one? And how would you compare them against your Kamyo experience?
I need to get my car detailed and as I stay in the eastern suburbs, am in a quandry as to whether I drive down all the way to them or just call Kamyo over.
Went to the Borivali place. To be honest while their facilities were better, obviously since they have a shop and Kamyo comes home. But to be honest I'm not driving all the way back. Im just calling Kamyo home. Another thing is I had to go and inspect the car and point out details which they had missed wiping or something, which were pretty obvious. With Kamyo I just come down when the car is done and all the details are done. Now thats just me, I don't want to stop anyone from trying out this place, especially if its not too far from them.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 11:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The detail in detailing is missing here, some parts were not done too well and missed out while wiping.
So mine was not a one off case. Infact I had given them a feedback that they should look more into the minute details -

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
What I don't like:
  • I could see that the suspension springs & the area around that was not clean.
Dust on the dashboard was not cleaned.
Old 5th January 2012, 11:07   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
So mine was not a one off case. Infact I had given them a feedback that they should look more into the minute details -
I don't mean the kind of things that you faced. Eg. there were wax marks on the body, which they didn't wipe off properly from many places. The rear end of the roof there is a 1.5" strip running the full width where the swirls have not been removed at all. Considering they have spotlights and all they really should do all of these.
Old 5th January 2012, 13:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

If you have done detailing from this shop recently, please post some pics of your car. I would like to see if there is a 'visible' difference compared to normal 3M polish.
Old 10th January 2012, 13:21   #27
BHPian

@ Akshay1234 .. so would you recommend Kamyo or 3M ??

I'm talking only in terms of the end result / detailing quality.
Distance to 3M center / home service makes no difference to me.
Thanks.
Old 10th January 2012, 13:42   #28
BHPian

Anyone been to the 3M at Andheri?
Any opinions?
Borivili is just too far for me from Ghatkopar
Old 16th January 2012, 12:13   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
F1Fan did you end going to any of the two 3M centres?
If you did, do post your details of your experience.
Wanted to buy micro fibre cloth & sunfilm for my car.
Old 16th January 2012, 22:39   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
F1Fan did you end going to any of the two 3M centres?
If you did, do post your details of your experience.
Wanted to buy micro fibre cloth & sunfilm for my car.
Nope, Didn't get time to go. But anyway, I am planning on calling Kamyo over. Just waiting for the pending service of my car post which will get some much needed detailing.

Are you planning on buying sunfilm from them? I believe you should be able to get 3M tints at any nearby 3M dealer and dont have to travel all the way to Andheri/Borivali unless you shifted to the western suburbs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks