Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2012, 19:36   #661
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra
OK guys , here is my simple question , will they replace the skoda rapid which was only launched last December with the european rapid ?

I dont see a point in them doing it !

My friend has just booked a Rapid and he is really worried as to whether his car will be taken off the shelf within the next year or something !

Pls advise.
Tell him not to worry. The India Rapid is a success for Skoda. no question of its removal. The Euro Rapid is definitely landing up here but will be called the Octavia and positioned in between the existing Rapid and the existing Laura. Over a period of time they might replace the Laura with the Octavia. It may even happen sooner than we think so if anything, then the current Laura buyers need to be concerned that their Lauras may get phased out in the next year or three!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 17:02   #662
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

I have booked the Rapid 1.6 TDI Elegance at Hyderabad. Link.

Yes. After 1 yr on TBHP and reading through all the horrors ! I still went for the Rapid !
Heart did not budge. Mind lost the battle. Fingers Crossed. Hope it is not a Lemon !

The SA mentioned that Teflon, UV & Anti-rust coatings are free from the Dealer side.
I raised my concern on the Teflon coat (based on thread)
When I pushed & enquired on what is the brand, who does it, etc - the SA mentioned that it was Skoda itself which does this.
On a lighter note he mentioned that the dealer is just boasting that this is free, whereas this is normal for all Skoda/VW/Group cars.

There is a 3 yr paint warranty & 6 yr perforation warranty from Skoda. Now what is the dealer providing/doing ?

However, I have asked for the exact specifics of what would be done (brand, etc - to which I do not expect any reply unless I visit the showroom again).

Kindly help ! Please do PM me if you do not want to clutter the thread !

Or Should I just not concern myself much, as every Skoda car in Hyderabad would have been subjected to the same ?

Best Regards, D

Last edited by DieselDon : 26th July 2012 at 17:24.
Old 26th July 2012, 17:20   #663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
I have booked the Rapid 1.6 TDI Elegance at Hyderabad. Link.

The SA mentioned that Teflon, UV & Anti-rust coatings are free from the Dealer side.
Congratulations!

I don't think you need Teflon coating for a brand new car. You must have read this already in the other thread. Also, Teflon is patent of 3M, so if its not 3M that you are getting, then there are concerns.

Tell the dealer that you don't need any of these and you will get them done later on. Ask him for options in place of these treatments.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 17:39   #664
BANNED

my concern on the Teflon coat

[/quote]

1. Skoda does not do any teflon coating.

2. There is no need for a teflon coating. The fact that they are giving a 3 year warranty is proof enough that the quality is good. In fact if you apply teflon, you may need to check whether the original warranty will be valid.

3.Avoid all the coatings that he is talking of and take delivery of the car in stock condition without doing anything to the car.

I own a Skoda Rapid too and if you're buying a Skoda Rapid - one tip - avoid accessorising your car and stick to the original. If you need ICE go for the Elegance variant - do not let the dealer do any modifications to the original spec - this will help reduce any possible issues with the car.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 11:13   #665
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
When I pushed & enquired on what is the brand, who does it, etc - the SA mentioned that it was Skoda itself which does this.
On a lighter note he mentioned that the dealer is just boasting that this is free, whereas this is normal for all Skoda/VW/Group cars.

There is a 3 yr paint warranty & 6 yr perforation warranty from Skoda. Now what is the dealer providing/doing ?
There is no need for any additional paint or underbody treatment on the Rapid as it comes with Rust & Paint warranty already. The Dealer is trying to make it sound like he's giving you a freebie, that's all
suman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 11:33   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
The Dealer is trying to make it sound like he's giving you a freebie, that's all
Thanks Suman !

I will be so relieved if this is what the Dealer is attempting !

Anyways, I came up with an idea that might work: Will try
- Will let the dealer know that I will need the car without any add-ons by dealer. Will request to reserve the add-ons for later.

While I understand the dealer's enthusiasm to impress me, I am not sure if he knows I am actually concerned.

Cheers, D
Old 29th July 2012, 15:43   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajni View Post
By the way, guys I have a question. I received a call from Skoda India headoffice couple of weeks ago (surprised :-D). The executive explained the warranty and mentioned that tow to nearby service station in case of a breakdown is coming as free along with the car. Again, I was surprised as the sales executive had mentioned that it is available only for first 100 Kms. Well, he did mention that they would need the RSA valet card with us when calling for tow help. It seems it is supposed to be found at the left glove box when the car is delivered. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything of that sort when the car was delivered. Any ideas, if they are talking about the Service book? Or did anyone else in this thread has received the same from their dealer? My sales executive seems to be ignorant about "RSA valet card". Oh, well I don't remember if they mentioned valet key. But, I haven't received a valet key either. Is there a valet key coming along with Rapid (not spare key - What is the valet key....? - Yahoo! Answers).
Just reposting this to try my luck. If anyone has any idea please let me know. Thank you.
Old 29th July 2012, 20:15   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Just reposting this to try my luck. If anyone has any idea please let me know. Thank you.
Hi, I did receive a document from my salesperson specifically mentioning that these are the numbers for contacting the tow service (its a nationwide number for contacting Skoda). But there was no separate key.
Old 1st August 2012, 08:27   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry I missed your earlier post, got a similar call this side too. Apart from the manuals and the usual papers, I did not get a booklet on Roadside assistance and neither do I have a sticker with a number to call!

Am going down to the showroom to pick up my RC Smart Card hopefully this week and will make sure I ask the Sales person about it.

Meanwhile, am coming up on 6k kms, I remember them mentioning I should bring the car in for a service check at 6k, is this correct? the Service booklet has the first service interval at 10k kms or 1 year!
raamki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 11:21   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
Sorry I missed your earlier post, got a similar call this side too. Apart from the manuals and the usual papers, I did not get a booklet on Roadside assistance and neither do I have a sticker with a number to call!

Am going down to the showroom to pick up my RC Smart Card hopefully this week and will make sure I ask the Sales person about it.

Meanwhile, am coming up on 6k kms, I remember them mentioning I should bring the car in for a service check at 6k, is this correct? the Service booklet has the first service interval at 10k kms or 1 year!
I can confirm that I got the booklet from TAFE. I was specifically told about this during the delivery. Another thing, I remember something about it being available on taking the Skoda zero depreciation insurance...during the initial sales talk. I dont know if Skoda will deny their other customers of such a service just because they opted for outside insurance. Maybe a dealer miss?

Need a favour on the RC part. I am yet to receive the RC and the Insurance document. I was told from TAFE that it will be directly mailed to my residence address. Its been 8 days since delivery and I have not the received the same. Others, can you please inform on the approximate time taken? And will I be receiving the same in mail? Raamki, you seem to be collecting the same from the dealer.

The free checkup is at 7500km or 6 months whichever is earlier. I was shown a free coupon for the same that can be used at the service station.
maxaud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2012, 18:28   #671
BHPian

Folks,

I test Drove the Rapid diesel today. Unfortunately, they did not have the manual version in petrol. Drove well, solid feel to car...but there was a definite diesel clatter both inside the car, as well as outside, though much less on the inside.

I am not sure what happened, but the sales rep, a lady, got nauseous, not sure if it was the fumes or my spirited driving and braking in heavy rains (trying out the ABS). She asked me to stop the car. And puked!

Damn!

It is then I realized that even I could smell diesel fumes. Are they supposed to be like this (fumes and all)?

How does the petrol manual drive? I might need to go for a petrol given my low mileage. For now, it seems, it is the Rapid Vs. Vento Vs. Duster Vs. Used Civic (I know. It is confusing).
Old 2nd August 2012, 20:50   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Folks,
It is then I realized that even I could smell diesel fumes. Are they supposed to be like this (fumes and all)
Fumes inside cabin? I don't think it is right. Either the test piece is wrong or the windows were partly open.
sheelapratosh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2012, 00:13   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Damn!

It is then I realized that even I could smell diesel fumes. Are they supposed to be like this (fumes and all)?
Smell diesel fumes!!? I have been driving Rapid Diesel Elegance for 4 months now and I am nearing 6K. I have never ever smelt diesel inside the car. The longest in one stretch was Bangalore to Kerala (~600Km one side). I can tell you, it is very comfortable for long drives and high speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post

Did you purchase the car from Tafe? Can you update us once you receive the RC smart card. My salesperson doesn't seem to be even aware about that. I haven't yet received anything from Skoda either. If you purchased from Tafe can you also share the contact of your salesperson so that I can try my luck through him. Per Skoda representative, this card is very much required for them to attend any breakdown. So, I am worried.

Quote:
raamki: I am also nearing 6K. If my memory is correct, we got our machines on hands almost in the same timeframe too. By the way, I believe the first pre-checkup as they call it is at 7.5K or 6months whichever is earlier. After that comes the actual service which is at 15K or 1 year from the purchase.
rajni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2012, 21:16   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxaud View Post
I can confirm that I got the booklet from TAFE. I was specifically told about this during the delivery. Another thing, I remember something about it being available on taking the Skoda zero depreciation insurance...during the initial sales talk. I dont know if Skoda will deny their other customers of such a service just because they opted for outside insurance. Maybe a dealer miss?

Need a favour on the RC part. I am yet to receive the RC and the Insurance document. I was told from TAFE that it will be directly mailed to my residence address. Its been 8 days since delivery and I have not the received the same. Others, can you please inform on the approximate time taken? And will I be receiving the same in mail? Raamki, you seem to be collecting the same from the dealer.

The free checkup is at 7500km or 6 months whichever is earlier. I was shown a free coupon for the same that can be used at the service station.
I have the normal insurance, did not go for the 0 dep, I thought I had but nope! Anyway, I have looked everywhere and I cannot find that Road Side assistance manual, i'll make sure to ask at first service. Also, I have heard from my manager who purchased the car a month before me got a free service coupon, I did not get this either! I'll probably have to follow up with the sales manager! About the RC Smart card, mine is at the showroom, I just have to go collect it. I took delivery of the car on 1st April 2012 and the RC Card got to the showroom only 3 weeks ago. Apparently, RTO had some issues at their end which caused the delay.

Quote:
For now, it seems, it is the Rapid Vs. Vento Vs. Duster Vs. Used Civic (I know. It is confusing).
Strange, I guess this was a problem with the TD car, definitely no fumes/funny odor inside the cabin. Duster seems a good proposition, but in my opinion, it seems way too under powered (85ps), the 110 seems too close to the XUV pricing, is a looker though! I haven't driven the Duster so cannot really comment about it but as far as the Rapid is concerned, it's a breeze to drive, fun too! So take as many TDs as possible and decide!

Quote:
Did you purchase the car from Tafe? Can you update us once you receive the RC smart card. My salesperson doesn't seem to be even aware about that. I haven't yet received anything from Skoda either. If you purchased from Tafe can you also share the contact of your salesperson so that I can try my luck through him. Per Skoda representative, this card is very much required for them to attend any breakdown. So, I am worried.

raamki: I am also nearing 6K. If my memory is correct, we got our machines on hands almost in the same timeframe too. By the way, I believe the first pre-checkup as they call it is at 7.5K or 6months whichever is earlier. After that comes the actual service which is at 15K or 1 year from the purchase.
Yes I did, Tafe Hosur Rd. I remember the SA mentioning my first service check was at 6K, but the service document lists it down as 10k, so am not really sure, I'll go back home, take a look and confirm again.

Hopefully, i'll have time to go pick up my RC card tomorrow. From what the manager at the showroom told me, there seems to have been some sort of an issue at RTO causing delays in issuance of RC Smart cards.
Old 4th August 2012, 14:06   #675
BHPian

Hey, I was a bit confused by the abbreviations. I have received the RC smartcard at my home address within a month of registering the car. However, the RSA valet card from Skoda, that was mentioned by Skoda customer care, has not been received yet. I didn't go for zero dep, but did go through inhouse insurance company itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks