Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2013, 01:09   #286
BHPian

Mohit, I am sure we can squeeze him a bit more. One more of my friends is planning to buy a 320d baseline. We can even get together both of you and negotiate. Let me know when you are in town. You can check my car out and we can go and meet them. I have to go to test drive the car with the performance kit.

Highly unlikely they will budge on logistics charge. The court order it seems was stayed. Had tried negotiating on that but din't work. If you take finance from them, they may give you an additional bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Even I called your SA and he told me the same thing. If I buy the car in my name then he will give me an additional 70k off making it 3L as some doctor's discount but cannot get the car in my name.

Do you think you can help squeeze a better deal from him? Also any idea about the logistic charges? They are charging 25k for it. Any point in throwing the court order terming it illegal in there face? With the current quote it is shooting slightly over my budget. Anyways will be visiting the showroom sometime next week.
Yes, Sameer, that is the exact figure I got as well in NCR. Am wondering if the discounts can be different in different cities.

In any case, I feel it may still be worthwhile to take a car with Xenons, even if it means around 1.5 L more.

My experience also says it is easier to negotiate on accessories than on price. Like I managed to get a space save free with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Are you confirmed for 3.5 L discount on baseline with xenons? I tried here and what i heard is that, they won't be able to give 3.5 on car with xenon, max i got is figure of 2.25 lakhs.

Can you please confirm this ?

Last edited by aah78 : 24th October 2013 at 19:07. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+ / " " MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
Old 25th October 2013, 04:07   #287
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Also, there is a sports plus variant which has a bigger iDrive and is cool 5L expensive than Sport line. So now I am more confused about which variant to go for because of 3.5L discount which could be even more when I take my cheque book with me.

Buying the right car (rather the right variant) is getting on my nerves now :(
Wish I'd come across your post earlier, the sport plus is sold. The big idrive screen is really cool, comes with navigation as well. I personally love the int/ext combination.

It's getting increasingly difficult choosing a variant as BMW is spoiling us with options.
Old 25th October 2013, 18:54   #288
Senior - BHPian

Test Drove a 320D for a Friend today,i guess it was the Sports trim.
Start stop system is pretty irritating.Also i noticed that the Shudder/Vibrations during start up is too much for a 35L car,in fact it was almost similar to what i experience in my Linea MJD.Not that its a deal breaker,but is it normal?
Old 26th October 2013, 11:34   #289
Senior - BHPian

The start stop system of BMW has been widely criticised as being very jarring. In our conditions I guess it will be quite useless because the AC stops cooling. Experienced this in a friend's Passat. The loss of cooling was very uncomfortable, finally we switched the system off.
Old 27th October 2013, 09:26   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
The start stop system of BMW has been widely criticised as being very jarring. In our conditions I guess it will be quite useless because the AC stops cooling. Experienced this in a friend's Passat. The loss of cooling was very uncomfortable, finally we switched the system off.
I find it in fact the other way round. I use an X3 30 d with start stop function. City + Highway driving. For me, the start stop function is a range extender. I can easily feel extened time between refuelling.

If it is jarring, just turn it off. In situations like heavy traffic. Any way, the trigger to start the engine is not just the brake pedal. If you turn the steering, if cabin temperature climbs up etc the engine cranks up. I totally appreciate it. Practical featur with practical option to switch it off.

A user's voice.
BeamerBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 11:01   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Test Drove a 320D for a Friend today,i guess it was the Sports trim.
What are the kind of discounts they are offering in CHG on the 3 series?
Old 28th October 2013, 13:00   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
What are the kind of discounts they are offering in CHG on the 3 series?
AFAIK,they are hardly offerring any discounts.
We checked with the dealer in Gurgaon,they were offering a discount of around 1L,but due to registration issues,my friend cannot get it from gurgaon.
Old 28th October 2013, 13:10   #293
Senior - BHPian

I took a test drive of the 1 series over the weekend and happened to ask about discounts on the 3 series. I was told 2.5 lakhs from Deutsche Motoren.
Old 29th October 2013, 13:34   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Also, there is a sports plus variant which has a bigger iDrive and is cool 5L expensive than Sport line. So now I am more confused about which variant to go for because of 3.5L discount which could be even more when I take my cheque book with me.

Buying the right car (rather the right variant) is getting on my nerves now :(
Get the sports plus. It's a year old car as the sports plus stopped importing since dec 2012. Squeeze them as much as you can but get the sports plus only. As soon as I purchased my car, I found out that bird Gurgaon was offering a sports plus for 31.5 lacs ex showroom. It is the biggest regret I have.
Bluebeem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 22:46   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
Get the sports plus. It's a year old car as the sports plus stopped importing since dec 2012. Squeeze them as much as you can but get the sports plus only. As soon as I purchased my car, I found out that bird Gurgaon was offering a sports plus for 31.5 lacs ex showroom. It is the biggest regret I have.
I asked the bird ggn regarding this today, they still have this car available in white, the listed ex showroom price is 47.xx and they said they're offering it for 37.xx, I told them the price quoted by you and the sa there said, He'll check and confirm.
Old 30th October 2013, 23:19   #296
Senior - BHPian

What's extra in the sport plus that it costs a whopping 47L???
Old 30th October 2013, 23:30   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
What's extra in the sport plus that it costs a whopping 47L???
It's a CBU, bigger i drive with navigation, some sports rim, paddle shifts, sports seat but no sunroof though. That's what the sa there told me.
Old 31st October 2013, 00:09   #298
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It's a CBU, bigger i drive with navigation, some sports rim, paddle shifts, sports seat but no sunroof though. That's what the sa there told me.
What he said is not true. It was a sports model + bigger idrive screen + nav + hard drive for music + hifi audio + sunroof. The Sportsline didn't have hifi audio and a sunroof. Both were added a few months later.

There is no paddle shift, and I don't think its a CBU. In that case the road tax you pay would be a lot higher than the Sportsline, do see.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 31st October 2013 at 00:12.
Old 31st October 2013, 00:12   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Nonsense. It was a sports model + bigger idrive screen + nav + hard drive for music + hifi audio + sunroof. The Sportsline didn't have hifi audio and a sunroof. Both were added a few months later.
Are you sure, what i heard was no sun roof, but it had paddle shifts??

Maybe he is wrong, I'll again confirm with him though.
Old 31st October 2013, 04:26   #300
BHPian

Quote:
I asked the bird ggn regarding this today, they still have this car available in white, the listed ex showroom price is 47.xx and they said they're offering it for 37.xx, I told them the price quoted by you and the sa there said, He'll check and confirm.
Thats Incorrect. The highest price the Sports Plus went for was 37.5 lacs ex showroom, before it was discontinued. I was offered a Black Sports Plus with red interiors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks