Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2017, 20:45   #1231
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys need some urgent help. Car's AC stopped working. It was working fine till yesterday. And after ten minutes the check engine light has come on. What can be wrong? I have got the car to vadodara and the nearest dealership is in ahmedabad I guess.
Old 14th January 2017, 00:04   #1232
BANNED

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Car's AC stopped working. It was working fine till yesterday. And after ten minutes the check engine light has come on. What can be wrong?
Can you open the hood and see if the compressor cuts in when you turn the ac On from the cabin?

Also, start by checking the fuses in both the fuse boxes. AC issues are not complex or tough to diagnose and repair.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2017, 01:47   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Guys need some urgent help. Car's AC stopped working. It was working fine till yesterday. And after ten minutes the check engine light has come on. What can be wrong? I have got the car to vadodara and the nearest dealership is in ahmedabad I guess.
Mohit, do you get any fault? I estimate that it is refrigerant leak. Sudden cut off. Or a plain fuse blowing off.
Old 14th January 2017, 18:33   #1234
Distinguished - BHPian

I hope it's not something serious. Couldn't find any thing wrong under the hood on visual inspection. I will take her to ahmedabad on Monday morning to get it checked at the BMW service centre. Couldn't find any rat paw marks in the engine bay either so hopefully it's not rat related issue. There is no change in the way she is driving but would still sedately drive her to ahmedabad ( almost 120 kms) from my place.
Old 15th January 2017, 04:52   #1235
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
after ten minutes the check engine light has come on
Quote:
There is no change in the way she is driving but would still sedately drive her to ahmedabad
If it's still ON, better call them and take consent for driving 120 Km. Else call RSA, it should be included in your warranty.
Old 15th January 2017, 13:45   #1236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
If it's still ON, better call them and take consent for driving 120 Km. Else call RSA, it should be included in your warranty.
I talked to the service guy at the dealership. He only said drive sedately and bring it. The car is into its 4th year so RSA is now provided by my insurance provider. Since both the AC and check engine light have malfunctioned at the same time, I assume it is some sensor failure. The car had just come off its regular service a month back in delhi.
Old 15th January 2017, 13:54   #1237
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I hope it's not something serious. Couldn't find any thing wrong under the hood on visual inspection. I will take her to ahmedabad on Monday morning to get it checked at the BMW service centre. Couldn't find any rat paw marks in the engine bay either so hopefully it's not rat related issue. There is no change in the way she is driving but would still sedately drive her to ahmedabad ( almost 120 kms) from my place.
Is there any more information in the idrive on the error? You can go to vehicle information - vehicle status - check control. See if there is anything shown there on the error.
Old 15th January 2017, 15:27   #1238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Is there any more information in the idrive on the error? You can go to vehicle information - vehicle status - check control. See if there is anything shown there on the error.
Checked there. Nothing in display at all. No error. The engine oil, flat tyre and brake parameters are all normal. And under vehicle check also it's not showing me any error message.
Old 16th January 2017, 09:55   #1239
Distinguished - BHPian

Reached bmw ahmedabad service centre. There are few rat paw marks after all in the engine bay area and their initial diagnosis on noticing that is a wire cut by rat. What kind of bill am I staring at? Any idea? Also I am pretty sure that this won't be covered under BSI or extended warranty right?
Old 17th January 2017, 09:58   #1240
Distinguished - BHPian

So after a thorough check and using the multiple errors that had popped up, they finally located the fault to 4 wires around the engine, one of them supplying the AC compressor and hence the loss of cooling. Attaching the images of 2 of the cut wires.
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-20170116_100917.jpg

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-20170116_100921.jpg

They didn't recommend to replace the wires totally but rather repaired them and used new connectors. Total damages in the end was 9.8k ( out of which 6600 is just labour charges !! ). They threw in a complimentary car wash, without me asking and that felt a good touch. My regular service centre in Gurgaon never even wiped the car if you have opted out of the Rs. 2200 wash facility.

I have sprinkled some tobacco all around the engine bay for the night today and tomorrow will put out 4-5 pouches of tobacco everywhere under the hood. Hopefully it will solve the issue.
drmohitg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 16:20   #1241
BHPian

Hi, can somebody please clarify if Adhaar card is a must for car registration?

i am being hassled by the Pondy RTO to produce Aadhaar card. I deliberately decided not to get Aadhaar card as i am not interested in any subsidies from the government. Supreme Court also has a verdict out saying Aadhaar is not a must.

I have provided everything other document like PAN, License, Bank statements, Form 16, LIC copy and Property Tax receipts.

please advise
Old 18th January 2017, 17:00   #1242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krcustoms View Post
Hi, can somebody please clarify if Adhaar card is a must for car registration?

i am being hassled by the Pondy RTO to produce Aadhaar card. I deliberately decided not to get Aadhaar card as i am not interested in any subsidies from the government. Supreme Court also has a verdict out saying Aadhaar is not a must.

I have provided everything other document like PAN, License, Bank statements, Form 16, LIC copy and Property Tax receipts.

please advise

At least in Karnataka I haven't been asked for an Aadhar card for registration. My car is going to be registered tomorrow. Only my PAN and DL copies have been taken.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 17:11   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
At least in Karnataka I haven't been asked for an Aadhar card for registration. My car is going to be registered tomorrow. Only my PAN and DL copies have been taken.
okay, thanks Arjun. That's a relief.

I am suspecting its a ploy to extract money by RTO agent.
Old 18th January 2017, 17:46   #1244
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Total damages in the end was 9.8k ( out of which 6600 is just labour charges !! )
you got lucky, could have been worst. I think given the time they must have spent on the car its reasonable & good thing that they salvaged by repairing and not changing complete harness.

Quote:
i am being hassled by the Pondy RTO to produce Aadhaar card
Same at Chandigarh. I was asked same last Year, in fact, they will make a request online at some Aadhaar portal and send OTP to your registered mobile and you have to share that OTP with RTO.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 19:10   #1245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator;
Same at Chandigarh. I was asked same last Year, in fact, they will make a request online at some Aadhaar portal and send OTP to your registered mobile and you have to share that OTP with RTO.

thanks

just curious how would a NRI/OCI register a car? is the process then different for NRI? they just submit the OCI card as proof?
are there any other implications?

Last edited by krcustoms : 18th January 2017 at 19:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks