Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2013, 10:33   #481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post

The date of manufacture/chassis number is reflected on the registration. There may be some states which don't put the date of manufacture on the registration but most states do.

Irrespective, the car will be called a 2012 model. It's always from the date of manufacture. That is why u got a big discount.

Unless you get really lucky while selling it, people will know its a 2012 model from a simple inquiry from the dealer on the chassis number.
In case of CKD cars there is some confusion as to what exactly is the date of production. Because from online sources or from Wildon the date you get for 320d is the date of kit manufacturing and not assembly date. And knowing that the kits are manufactured in Germany obviously this date can not be considered as the kits have to manufactured much before the actual assembly due to the logistics involved.

Even if the VIN says 2012 chassis, dealers are allowed to put a different date as manufacturing date on the RC book in case of these cars.

And most of the people don't really care about VIN, they are interested in date of purchase. I have experienced this twice in past while selling my previous cars.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2013, 11:04   #482
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post

And most of the people don't really care about VIN, they are interested in date of purchase. I have experienced this twice in past while selling my previous cars.
That's true. Even I have always seen date of registration for both buying and selling my car's till now. But then I was ill informed that time.
Old 28th December 2013, 12:58   #483
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
The date of manufacture/chassis number is reflected on the registration. There may be some states which don't put the date of manufacture on the registration but most states do.
The date of manufacture and date of registration are both mentioned as 2013 in my document. The discounts were too good to resist.

Am hoping that five years down the line, I will be able to sell this as 2013 model
Old 28th December 2013, 13:31   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysm View Post
The date of manufacture and date of registration are both mentioned as 2013 in my document. The discounts were too good to resist. Am hoping that five years down the line, I will be able to sell this as 2013 model
If the date of manufacture is mentioned as 2013 then that's the bible for resale.

Lucky you !

I have a civic that was 2010 June manufactured and I bought it in feb 2011. It clearly says so in the registration. Any buyer who sees this tends to start bargaining harder the moment they know I bought a previous year model
Old 28th December 2013, 20:45   #485
BHPian

Guys need you suggestions.

I have been offered BSI for following prices:

1. 3 years 60k kms INR 2.1L + INR 19k for extended warranty
2. 5 years 60k kms 2.2L + INR 82k for extended warranty
3. 4 years 80k Kms 2.6L + INR 65k for extended warranty
4. 5 years 100k kms 3.5L + INR 95k for extended warranty

Now as per my running I don't need 1L kms but I am inclined towards 5 years extended warranty with 60k kms.

Is it worth it?

SA says that BSI prices are also going to go up by 5-7% in next week. And that I can pay in two installments in 60/90 days. Need to decide by Monday latest to get it in current price.
Old 28th December 2013, 20:56   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now as per my running I don't need 1L kms but I am inclined towards 5 years extended warranty with 60k kms.

Is it worth it?

SA says that BSI prices are also going to go up by 5-7% in next week. And that I can pay in two installments in 60/90 days. Need to decide by Monday latest to get it in current price.
The 5 year/60k kms pack makes most sense to me as this is not my primary car and at the most I will do 1000 kms a month. The total comes to around 3.02 lacs.

Can you confirm this price hike? My SA told me that the rates were revised only recently and there is no imminent price hike for the BSI. If there is going to be a hike then I will also opt for it now itself. Also what is this installment thing?
Old 28th December 2013, 21:05   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

The 5 year/60k kms pack makes most sense to me as this is not my primary car and at the most I will do 1000 kms a month. The total comes to around 3.02 lacs.

Can you confirm this price hike? My SA told me that the rates were revised only recently and there is no imminent price hike for the BSI. If there is going to be a hike then I will also opt for it now itself. Also what is this installment thing?
SA said the price hike is confirmed. About installments, it's from dealer side with assurance of PDCs.

This car is my only car and 60k would be touch and go but 100k is way too much. I think I will go with 60k 5 years.
Old 28th December 2013, 21:08   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
SA said the price hike is confirmed. About installments, it's from dealer side with assurance of PDCs.

This car is my only car and 60k would be touch and go but 100k is way too much. I think I will go with 60k 5 years.
To be on the safer side then even I will buy it in this year only. The fun part is with the BSI cushion even I am thinking of making it my daily ride and pile on the kms. And you always have the option of upgrading to a higher pack if your running warrants that.
Old 30th December 2013, 00:09   #489
BHPian

Friends, I was at the dealership today for booking the car.
But could not get the desired deal. Besides the diesel, I am being offered the petrol 320i. However after all possible discounts the car is coming at 2 lakhs less than the diesel. Am still negotiating for an extra discount of possibly another lakh.
As my running would be quite low, I do not mind buying a petrol but am concerned about the resale value 5 years down the line.
I personally feel that the on road price difference between the petrol and diesel should be at least 3 lakhs.
Hoping for the best deal. Will update you all soon.
Thanks to drmohitg and Sunnysm for helping out in the deals.
Old 30th December 2013, 00:16   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post
As my running would be quite low, I do not mind buying a petrol but am concerned about the resale value 5 years down the line.
I personally feel that the on road price difference between the petrol and diesel should be at least 3 lakhs.
Hoping for the best deal. Will update you all soon.
Thanks to drmohitg and Sunnysm for helping out in the deals.
If resale is important to you then go for diesel even if it means to stretch now and pay couple of lakhs more. Petrol will be a depreciation disaster even if you get it for 3L less than diesel looking at the current 320i prices in used market. There is a difference of 5-7 lakhs for same year models.

If you want to save some cash now then ask dealer to offer balloon scheme or maximum loan but try to get the 320d instead of 320i.

Keep us posted.

Good luck!
Old 30th December 2013, 00:39   #491
BHPian

Yes sure the resale is important to me. However I am paying the complete amount cash down and am not interested in getting any finance. Another point to consider would be that the price of petrol and diesel should be just about the same 5 years down the line. I am saying this as the diesel prices are going to be increased regularly over the next 20 odd months.
One more issue is that the diesel car offered to me is actually a 2012 pack assembled in 2013. While the petrol is a 2013 pack manufactured in 2013.
So there could be possibility that a learned buyer purchasing the 2012 pack car from me would actually treat the diesel car as a 2012 model even if the car has actually been assembled in 2013.

The max discount is being offered on mineral grey color model. Somehow I do not like the color that much. Everyone in my family thinks this is a very dull looking color. I intend to get any other color except for mineral grey. Does anyone else also think that 3 series looks the worst in this color ?

Last edited by wingsoffires : 30th December 2013 at 00:43. Reason: Addition
Old 30th December 2013, 01:58   #492
BHPian

Go ahead with the petrol...in 5 years trust me the demand for petrol luxury sedans will be higher than diesels.
cedricsg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 03:24   #493
BHPian

I would say go with the diesel.

Even after deregulation petrol will be 10 rupees higher than diesel.

Diesel cars are also way more fuel efficient making it a very attractive buy for second hand buyers
Bluebeem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 08:07   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes sure the resale is important to me
If resale is important then go for diesel. Even a 2012 model diesel will fetch you more money then a 2013 model Petrol car after 5 years of ownership. And I sincerely don't see diesel prices ever becoming same as petrol even after these increases since over time even petrol prices go up. Also the FE will be better with diesel. The 320d easily returns 14-15 kmpl.

Quote:
The max discount is being offered on mineral grey color model. Somehow I do not like the color that much. Everyone in my family thinks this is a very dull looking color. I intend to get any other color except for mineral grey. Does anyone else also think that 3 series looks the worst in this color ?
Colours are a very personal thing. I actually liked the Mineral grey colour. The car looks quite sharp in it and it will be easier to maintain than other dark colours like the Imperial blue. Check out Karan's ownership thread of the 328i. The last page has a few pics of the mineral grey 320d and it looks quite awesome.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 08:29   #495
BHPian

Quote:
I personally liked mineral grey offered by BMW. In my case it was not available with the variant of my choice. Good thing about grey color is that it doesn't need high maintenance line black yet it looks classy and shines like black. Also the kidneys in front stand out in grey color. I would say have a closer look at this color before writing it off.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks