Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2015, 16:11   #856
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Mohit, am using beige Star 3D mats in my car and would vouch for their effectiveness and looks.The star mats fit well and have a velcro like substance at the back which totally grip the floor area and they do not move.
Are these the same as those sold and possibly manufactures/distributed by Sai mag wheels? Can you please share the picture and price of the same?
Old 19th October 2015, 16:25   #857
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

I test drove the 3 series today and liked the car. Two things that were disappointing to me were:

1.] Lack of space at the rear. My Jetta is more spacious. But since I will be driving this, it will not be a big issue.
2.]The boot space with the spare tire (which is not even full size). But then again I will alternate between the Jetta and the 3 for highways. So this might not be an issue too.

The discount quoted was 3 lakhs off which I think is on the lower side. What's the best that can be haggled out of the dealer? Also, they quoted BSI (5 year/60000km) to be 1.8L. The dealer said any damage/wear & tear to RFTs are also included in the BSI package.Is it worth going for it? Thanks in advance.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 16:52   #858
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post

The discount quoted was 3 lakhs off which I think is on the lower side. What's the best that can be haggled out of the dealer? .

I'm sure discounts can be much better as they're getting support from BMW as well on this nos. should be around 6-7 lakes at least.

Bsi rates are flat in told. But car price should have about double the discount at least.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 19:15   #859
BHPian

The face lift version will come in Nov apparently (showroom guys might tell you jan) push for max possible discount.
arpandiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 20:07   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I'm sure discounts can be much better as they're getting support from BMW as well on this no.
Minimum discount of 6 lacs is possible. Please bargain hard as there is a new model coming.
Old 20th October 2015, 00:20   #861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The discount quoted was 3 lakhs off which I think is on the lower side. What's the best that can be haggled out of the dealer? Also, they quoted BSI (5 year/60000km) to be 1.8L. The dealer said any damage/wear & tear to RFTs are also included in the BSI package.Is it worth going for it? Thanks in advance.
The discount quoted is too less so please bargain hard, as said by others the face lifted LCI 320D is coming in 2 months or so and the dealers are clearing stocks as quickly as they can. All the best, have driven my 320D for just 1100 kms now and it is a true driver's car barring the unusually soft rear suspension

The quoted price for BSI is wrong as well, 5 year/60,000 kms BSI costs 1,20,840, BSI plus costs 2,57,848 and extended warranty costs 95190. Damage to tyres/alloys is NOT covered under BSI or extended warranty, it is only covered under BMW secure which is complimentary for first year and then you have to pay for it.
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 10:54   #862
BHPian

Quote:
The discount quoted is too less so please bargain hard, as said by others the face lifted LCI 320D is coming in 2 months or so and the dealers are clearing stocks as quickly as they can.
============
it is only covered under BMW secure which is complimentary for first year and then you have to pay for it.
coolboy007 -- is this extended warranty @ 95190 for 5 years?
Also I've only been offered BSI plus & Repair inclusive for 5yrs/60k kms @ 353058
How is this different from the one you have mentioned @ 120,840 ?

Here's the list of options as given to me
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-bsi.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 20th October 2015 at 11:10. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 20th October 2015, 11:30   #863
BHPian

Quote:
I test drove the 3 series today and liked the car. Two things that were disappointing to me were:
=====
Is it worth going for it? Thanks in advance.
As mentioned earlier - I've already got a discount north of 9L
Daresay that things will only get better as the LCI launch gets closer....you can even try for 10L
Also IMHO, the LCI doesn't seem likely to launch in November as December is again a slow month for car sales -- most probably January 2016
sanj947 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 12:38   #864
Senior - BHPian

BMW 320d & 328i : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanj947 View Post
coolboy007 -- is this extended warranty @ 95190 for 5 years?

Also I've only been offered BSI plus & Repair inclusive for 5yrs/60k kms @ 353058

How is this different from the one you have mentioned @ 120,840 ?

Here's the list of options as given to me
Bsi plus and repair inclusive at 3.53 means all your services with oil, filters, brake pads, rotors, wipers are covered till 5years/60,000 kms. Repair inclusive means extended warranty so you have warranty coverage till 5 years. If you pay 95190, you will get extended warranty for 5 years but you pay for all services and consumables.

Bsi at 120840 only covers oil and oil filter etc and not brake pads or extended warranty, it is a very basic package.

Repair inclusive means extended warranty so now if you do not want their bsi packs, you can opt for extended warranty only which was not possible before.

Am contemplating between going for 3year/40,000 kms or 5 year/60,000. Planning to initially opt for 3 year and once it is about to get over, pay the difference and opt for 5 year pack.

The dealer sent me a mail that bsi prices will be revised from 1 Nov, is it true?
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 19:16   #865
Senior - BHPian

It has been a blissful 1140 kms with my 320D and i am still coming to terms that i finally managed to own a BMW so early in my life. Working on compiling a detailed ownership review and it would be posted once i clock 2-3k kms as there is so much to explore with the car.

This 2.0 diesel offers stunning performance, there is negligible turbo lag and the car picks up from any where in the revv range. This 8 speed ZF is plain brilliant and knows exactly what the driver wants, the sports mode + gearbox in sports is scary as the car shoots forward like a missile and one needs to be sensible when using this mode. Stock audio in my car with 6 speakers is good but lacks bass so i some times feel i should have opted for the luxury line with 9 speakers and inbuilt amplifier. The interiors have top quality soft touch plastics every where and i love the dash layout. Engine is a bit noisy but the vibrations, tyre noise etc are non existent.

When i bought the car, it was showing first service at 12,000 kms but thanks to my driving style, this has dropped further and now showing 10,000 kms with 1000 kms covered. The ride is very good even on runflats and i love the steering, it is so well weighted and is perfect to hold as well. In sports mode at 120-130, the steering feels so hard and i love this fact. Brakes too are outstanding and shed speed quickly. It is so easy to overspeed in this car as 110-120 feels like crawling, the car feels so tight during lane changes and corners and it is all thanks to the 50:50 weight distribution and a brilliant chassis to match. Sheer driving pleasure indeed, advantage of buying prestige variant are the 225/55 R16 tyres which provide better ride and have less change of bulge/alloy damage compared to 225/50 R17 in top variants. I traverse a lot of bad roads and this was a significant factor, these new generation runflats offer much better ride than the older versions.

My biggest grouse with the car and BMW India is that they have royally messed up the rear suspension, they could have made it slightly softer but they have gone overboard and i could feel the rear bouncing distinctly over undulations which does not make sense in a car made for driving enthusiasts. I will go on to say that my humble 10 lakh Fiesta has better tuned rear struts than this car. Will have to go with Bilstein B6 after 15000 kms or so.

Got a feedback call from BMW about my experience when i visited Bird Auto, Gurgaon for alignment issues and i told them that the problem was solved to a good extent though not fully but their mechanic managed to soil the interiors. These people sent a bunch of people to clean all seats and the door pads at my residence, really loving the top level service experience. BMW knows how to treat their customers, also registered for BMW experience tour, Delhi and waiting for confirmation so i can go and drive their cars on the Buddha circuit

The only accessories added are star 3d mats which are a perfect fit, Polco tyvek cover which is of very good quality, i got it from Amazon which helps a lot in keeping the car clean and prying eyes, also got M replica door guards on ebay for a good price. Have ordered bmw leather key cover and tyre valve caps from aliexpress. Thanks to Karan561, will be ordering the gloss black front grille soon as the car would look better without this chrome on grille.

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-bmw-front.jpg

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-bmw-x3.jpg

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-bmw-1.jpg

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-instru-cluster.jpg

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-idrive.jpg

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-star-mat.jpg

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-star-mat-1.jpg

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-car-cover.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Are these the same as those sold and possibly manufactures/distributed by Sai mag wheels? Can you please share the picture and price of the same?
Yeah, these are the same ones being sold by Sai mag wheels. I have shared the pictures above and have no clue about the cost since my friend gifted these to me for my car, Amazon has these for 2900 i think.
coolboy007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 20:08   #866
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the new ride coolboy!

The 320D is a very tempting proposition in today's market thanks to the great deals going on!

[quote=coolboy007;3830171
When i bought the car, it was showing first service at 12,000 kms but thanks to my driving style, this has dropped further and now showing 10,000 kms with 1000 kms covered.[/QUOTE]

This is probably the distance to service indicator - indicating that you have another 10,000kms to go before its time for a service.

Quote:
The ride is very good even on runflats ..... My biggest grouse with the car and BMW India is that they have royally messed up the rear suspension, they could have made it slightly softer but they have gone overboard and i could feel the rear bouncing distinctly over undulations which does not make sense in a car made for driving enthusiasts. I will go on to say that my humble 10 lakh Fiesta has better tuned rear struts than this car. Will have to go with Bilstein B6 after 15000 kms or so.
This is my biggest grouse with the new BMWs. The suspension is simply too soft, or too stiff (depending on driving mode and model). Even the 520D I test drove on Worli Seaface was bobbing ever so slightly. Heck - was joking with a buddy about how the new BMW's feel so Hyundai-like!

But to be honest - I doubt there would be many cars that come close to the suspension set-up of the Fiesta and Classic. Those were a class apart!
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 20:52   #867
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Got a feedback call from BMW about my experience when i visited Bird Auto, Gurgaon for alignment issues and i told them that the problem was solved to a good extent though not fully but their mechanic managed to soil the interiors.
That's definitely a great gesture - they could have easily requested you to get the car at workshop and offered cleaning but sending their service car at your home - 5 Star , perhaps their workshop guys are totally different from sales department , the guy with whom you were communicating at Gurgaon dealership looks a genuine honest guy probably not able to take decisions given the hierarchy at Bird as against direct involvement of owner at Chandigarh

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th October 2015 at 20:55.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 21:15   #868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
This is my biggest grouse with the new BMWs. The suspension is simply too soft, or too stiff (depending on driving mode and model). Even the
Thanks to Indian's fascination for soft suspensions and light steerings, almost every brand is now making products to cater to Indian market. Barring the soft rear, i have no complaints. The 3 series is easily the best handling car i have driven to date and i do not think there is any other car below 50 lakhs which can match the power and handling of this car, pure joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
the guy with whom you were communicating at Gurgaon dealership looks a genuine honest guy probably not able to take decisions given the hierarchy at Bird as against direct involvement of owner at Chandigarh
It is a 5 star service indeed, am used to the pathetic service provided by VW (one of the reasons i will never buy a VAG product again) and when the X3 arrived with a gang of boys to clean up the interiors, i had a smile plastered all over my face. , they never asked me once to bring the car to workshop and straight away offered to send people at my residence.

They also told me to drive the car as long as i want and they would do a free alignment once more to solve the issue fully, i said i will come after 2-3 months and they were fine with it.

The sales guy at Bird was a decent fellow but he offered me just 3 lakhs off with no follow ups and that was the end of deal, in comparison, Rakesh at BMW Chandigarh was so helpful and persuasive along with the entire staff that i really envy chandigarh BMW owners. Every one out there was so helpful and Rakesh sweetened the deal so we could not resist driving from Delhi to book our car.

Wish i could shift to Chandigarh, the roads, cleanliness is so good that Delhi feels like hell, there is no place to drive this car.
Old 21st October 2015, 11:05   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to Indian's fascination for soft suspensions and light steerings, almost every brand is now making products to cater to Indian market. Barring the soft rear, i have no complaints. The 3 series is easily the best handling car i have driven to date and i do not think there is any other car below 50 lakhs which can match the power and handling of this car, pure joy

Wish i could shift to Chandigarh, the roads, cleanliness is so good that Delhi feels like hell, there is no place to drive this car.
Wow --- that says a lot for BMW service standards - Completely unlike my experience with Mercedes (my previous car B180) which was dismal, and that's putting it very politely.
Even the buying experience with BMW seemed much more transparent and straightforward in all respects ---- now keeping fingers are crossed - hoping this continues throughout my ownership.
Congrats again!
Old 21st October 2015, 13:11   #870
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see loads of F30's pouring into the thread. Had a query guys, anyone know a place where I can get a soft cover for the car? The kind that is made of cloth and stretches and fits over the car? I would like to keep this on the car and then put the normal cover over it.

Also Delhi people, any cleaning/polishing place you would recommend? And always wanted to know a good tire guy to do alignment/balancing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks