Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2012, 11:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Sail U-VA : Official Review

Excellent review! Sail does looks to be an ideal practical car for a lot of small Indian families. BTW, could not find any mention of the turning radius anywhere? Wouldn't that also be crucial for city driving?

Last edited by sandsun7 : 18th October 2012 at 11:31. Reason: saw a post by GTO answering one of the queries
Old 18th October 2012, 11:28   #17
BHPian

Seems to be a very practical diesel hatch. This will be the choice for those who believe that "Beauty is Skin Deep" and believe in practicality. Though the car may not appeal to many this will prove to be the most practical hatch, provided, the maintenance costs are low.
Old 18th October 2012, 11:28   #18
BHPian

Surprise surprise! I was quite skeptical on how well the car would turn out in the fit and finish department due to its 'built to a budget' tag. Chevy seems to have done a great job not just in this area, but in others as well. The red definitely is not dull looking! May see some good numbers at least in the first year.
Old 18th October 2012, 11:32   #19
BHPian

Is "non-descript" the way to go in trying to revive your fight in a segment where you have fallen on the way side? I do not think so. While the car seems very competent on the technical front, I think it should have been a little more in your face. Looking at the competition, I would not be too sure of this being a success. Wonderful review, very well written.
Caramba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 11:40   #20
BHPian

Excellent Review.

Take it from an Existing UVA owner who has owned it for about 3.5 years now, If this car has reliability anywhere near to current UVA, this is going to do great for Cheve. The only thing that UVA lacked was a diesel heart which has been taken care of and how.

Having seen the rave reviews of GM's version of Multijet engine, I must say this car is here to stay.
anu21v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 11:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
There is no one thing that people will feel the need to talk about. This doesn't speak badly of the car, its just a balanced all-rounder.
This is evident from the response to the review on this forum too.

However, it seems that this is a very practical offering from Chevrolet. Hope they do not fleece customers on spare part and maintenance costs.

Thanks for a great review and a very useful one too. Will help all those who really are considering this car for their next purchase.
Old 18th October 2012, 11:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review from the mods.

Given the diminshing image of GM in India, banking on Sail would be too much for asking. As elborated in the posts there's not one thing which is unique in the car (except for the relocated window switches). GM will have rake brains to price this one properly to set the sales ringing.

It depends on the pricing whether this is going to be VFM buy or not. Will GM offer the 3 year maintenance free options with Sail also? Hows the HU sound like?
Old 18th October 2012, 11:45   #23
BANNED

In terms of design, this is another UVA. The Diesel engine option is the attraction, and I expect monthly sales around 2.5 - 3K.

This is the best look of this car, IMO. They could have tried a 3-row 6 seater version with this, IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Sail U-VA : Official Review-chevysailuva17.jpg  

Old 18th October 2012, 11:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Very nice and informative review. Brilliant as usual.
If GM gets its marketing act together this vehicle may turn out to be the "sleeper hit" of the season.

By the way, in the competition set featured, should Micra/Pulse twins and the Czech damsel (Fabia) be included .

Once again, thanks for a great review.
Old 18th October 2012, 11:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review guys !

I must also say that I was pleasantly surprised with the positive review. (Us Indians find it highly fashionable to bash Chinese products, even though we are not capable of delivering a decent product ourselves)

I have only one way to describe this car - "This car is the diesel equivalent of i10".

I can already see auto enthusiasts posting on the forum - "Why the hell is this car selling like hot cakes ?"

This car looks like a jack of all trades, master of none. It may not excel in any particular area, but doesn't fail miserably in any area either.

Chevy just needs to price this correctly and ensure good customer experience during sales and service. The car will sell automatically by word of mouth.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 11:53   #26
BHPian

Wonderful review and the car would be appealing to conservative buyers like me, who look for a no-nonsense car and prefer it the bland way. This may not be a head-turner, but do I need to show-off always?
If Chevy prices it right, and extends that all cost paid three-year service contract, this can be a real competitor to Swift, at least to those who want their cars to look conventional. Personally, I'd prefer this way.
Will look forward to the pricing and eventually the sales figures.
subratasenn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 12:05   #27
BHPian

Excellent review Suhas and Rehaan!

I feel that the interior looks seriously dated. They should have done something in the cue of the Beat IMHO.

Else, it looks a very very neutral product, which may not win hearts but won't break any for sure.

Cheers,
Abhijeet
Old 18th October 2012, 12:09   #28
BHPian

Good review guys.
Any info on what-variant-has-what? Is ABS standard across all the variants?
And available colours?
Old 18th October 2012, 12:13   #29
BHPian

I am not sure that it will be a hit. the Swift, i20, Polo etc are miles ahead of it in terms of interiors and features. The best it can do it try to compete with the likes of the A-Star, Eon etc. Oh and it looks a bit like the Alto :P
Old 18th October 2012, 12:33   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnivara View Post
Any info on what-variant-has-what? Is ABS standard across all the variants?
And available colours?
We'll update the review with this info as soon as its confirmed for all variants.

Thanks,
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks