Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-184.html)

i think this should put an end to the queries regarding the placement of six airbags
well , since i had pre booked my vehicle i had no idea regarding how much more expensive the titanium (O) will be when compared to the titanium version.Had i known i would have gone for the optional pack

Cargo Ford - Ahmedabad quoting:

4 Months on Ambiente or Trend in Petrol

6-8 Months on all Diesel models.

No info on Ecoboost or AT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojoinassi (Post 3183382)
i think this should put an end to the queries regarding the placement of six airbags
well , since i had pre booked my vehicle i had no idea regarding how much more expensive the titanium (O) will be when compared to the titanium version.Had i known i would have gone for the optional pack

Good that you choose the Titanium variant (Covers all the basic safety requirements). Budget permitting and if your booking queue won't be disturbed/altered, maybe you can ask your dealership to upgrade you to Titanium (O). It will give them more profit so it shouldn't hurt them.

30,000 bookings in 17days!! Since the current capacity is around 6000 ecosports per month, it will take minimum 5-6 months for delivery.

http://www.rediff.com/business/slide...20130719.htm#1

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_ajay (Post 3183420)
Good that you choose the Titanium variant (Covers all the basic safety requirements). Budget permitting and if your booking queue won't be disturbed/altered, maybe you can ask your dealership to upgrade you to Titanium (O). It will give them more profit so it shouldn't hurt them.

i have already taken the delivery on 2nd june
falling in love with it with each passing day

Quote:

Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav (Post 3182492)
Just before the starting of July, there were more than 4-5 EcoSport delivered, it gave me goosebumps. Now after hearing the waiting period in this thread, my reaction was:Shockked:. A common question if you guys don't mind. What is the current waiting period for the EcoSport in your respective town (s) or city (es)?

This is the delivery time being quoted by Metro Ford for all Ford cars in Bangalore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by siddarthbh (Post 3183558)

This is the delivery time being quoted by Metro Ford for all Ford cars in Bangalore.

Metro Ford I think quotes the highest waiting period in the entire country. Even from the day the bookings started their waiting period was higher than what others were quoting

Had been to Elite Ford's service centre to do the PDI.

I should get the delivery next week.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130719_173501.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130719_173449.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130719_173552.jpg

Good year for me
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130719_173523.jpg

Ecosports waiting for registration
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130719_173614.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by siddarthbh (Post 3183558)

360 days of waiting, hope by then a facelift does not turn up.:)

I think the waiting period is considerably more in the metros. Back home in Guwahati, we booked a Ecoboost Titanium (Sea Grey) on 27th June and the car reached the showroom on 16th July. This will be the third turbo petrol in the family after the TSi brothers, I will put up my driving impressions with respect to the TSi's soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilg33 (Post 3183625)
Metro Ford I think quotes the highest waiting period in the entire country. Even from the day the bookings started their waiting period was higher than what others were quoting

I happened to book a diamond white diesel ecosport of titanium (o) variant on 27 June at Metro Ford Bangalore. I was allotted a priority number of 153 When I inquired them about delivery today, the SA gave an estimate of 9 months:Shockked: He claims they have so far delivered only 9 ecosports!

I had great expectations from this car. Waited anxiously for the launch. But all my enthusiasm has evaporated. I dropped in 3 times to enquire about AT and uncertain and vague replies have put paid to my desire for this car.

Remeber that Titanic movie scene where a woman says to he child, " when they are done rescuing first class and second class passnegers, then they will attend to steerage passengers." Similarly, when Ford is done attending to Diesel and Ecoboost customers, it will turn its attention to AT buyers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ask4gautam (Post 3182289)
Hi !

I have written a mail to FORD INDIA regarding this and got a call from them today. They said that the dealer should have informed me the OFFICIAL booking number at the least and they will take up the matter with RIDDHI FORD. I Strongly suggest that you send a mail as well about RIDDHI FORD so that the matter is taken up strongly. Email id is : custmail@ford.com (Ford India) and asm@riddhiford.in (Mr.Nitin Kalra - Asst Manager Riddhi Ford)

Following your advise, I got in touch with my SA. He told me no booking numbers are being allotted but when I told him one of my friends got his then he told that it must be the 'File Number'. So my File number is 426 and even today estimated delivery time is 3 months, further adding that only a handful of deliveries have been made, to say about 12.

Anyhow, my SA says that we'll deliver at the earliest and I'm genuinely hopeful for the same since I feel that they're deliberately giving a longer waiting period to be on the safer side.

But one issue which I'm concerned about is the Capacity of Post-Sales Service. Considering the popularity of the car and the sales volume, the current setup in my limited knowledge should've issues catering to the enhanced number of Fords on the road.

In South Delhi, I only know of Riddhi Ford & Harpreet Ford Service in Okhla and Delhi Ford in Vasant Kunj.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgsagar (Post 3183785)
I had great expectations from this car. Waited anxiously for the launch. But all my enthusiasm has evaporated. I dropped in 3 times to enquire about AT and uncertain and vague replies have put paid to my desire for this car.

Remeber that Titanic movie scene where a woman says to he child, " when they are done rescuing first class and second class passnegers, then they will attend to steerage passengers." Similarly, when Ford is done attending to Diesel and Ecoboost customers, it will turn its attention to AT buyers.

Not so easy. Even for diesels, first they attend to the black marketeers, then those who pay them a 1L premium and then to those who are willing to buy their overpriced accessories. The others can possibly forget about the car. Hopeless situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport (Post 3183843)
Not so easy. Even for diesels, first they attend to the black marketeers, then those who pay them a 1L premium and then to those who are willing to buy their overpriced accessories. The others can possibly forget about the car. Hopeless situation.

I strongly disagree this statement Ford dealers wont get into such cheap tricks and lose its vital base of customers
Unlike maruti where this used to happen I feel times have changed people know what is what and its not so easy to cheat so many customers

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgsagar (Post 3183785)

Just hold on for a while (without booking of course and assuming you do not need a car asap). In 4-5 months time I am sure there will be no waiting period. I could not wait and hence cancelled my booking.