Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-190.html)

Anyone know if SYNC works well with iPhone? Does it read out messages?
getting my car this week, any recommended accessories ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murugan (Post 3186239)
http://overdrive.in/reviews/2013-for...tic-road-test/

Found this bit in the review of the automatic EcoSport in Overdrive disturbing. Would like to hear from users about any rattling issues with their EcoSport.

PS: Mods, Delete if inappropriate.

Take all the reviews with a pinch of salt. Form your own opinions and make your own decisions based on what you see and experience. To be fair, reviewers can only provide information on an as-is basis, and that shouldn't deter you from framing your long term goals. Look at the positives mentioned in the article and understand the safety options available on this variant (esp ESP/ESC). I consider the negatives given in the review are factual but they should not be influencing your decision. Just something to keep in mind...that's all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sup? (Post 3186308)

I was told the same thing too by Elite Ford. I dashed an email to Ford regarding the dealer malpractice. They sent me an email with the dealer manager CC'ed that insurance/accessories are optional. I am getting delivery next week and have made payment without the insurance component. I am taking insurance from outside and like you said using the 13k i saved for accessories. Don't buckle under dealer pressure.

Interesting. That's great news! I'll speak to the SA this week and reaffirm my stance on the insurance piece. If they still don't let me opt out of it, I'll go your route and write to ford.

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum. I recently called Lathangi Ford, J P Nagar, B'lore to enquire about Test Drive of Ecosport's ecoboost engine. But, the receptionist told me that they haven't received the Ecosport's Ecoboost engine. Is it true? Can anybody throw light on this? Thanking you in advance.
We are very much interested in this car and would like to know the waiting period too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyneld (Post 3186630)
Interesting. That's great news! I'll speak to the SA this week and reaffirm my stance on the insurance piece. If they still don't let me opt out of it, I'll go your route and write to ford.

Here is the full(garrulous) text of the email which Ford sent me.

"This mail is in continuation to our earlier correspondence & telecom discussion that we had with your good self-regarding the concern you had raised with us.

We sincerely hope necessary clarifications are provided to you during our telecom. However we once again wish to inform you through this mail is that Ford dealerships around the country have started accepting bookings to meet enthusiastic demand of the Eco Sport and the accessories & insurance quoted are given to understand by our dealership are purely our valuable customers choice/option.

We had instructed our dealership to extend the required assistance to your kind self in this regard.

For more detailed clarity on this required if any please feel free to contact Mr. Deekshith CRM on 9900030149 , Mr. Desikachar Sales Manager on 9900030178 of Elite Ford /us for any further clarification.

Assuring you of our best services and continuous support at all times"

You can actually take a copy of this if you don't want to go through the hassle of contacting Ford. If they still do not back down, then contact Ford. Dealers make enough extra money through the charges they levy for registration etc. Let us at least put up a fight where we can.

Hi Guys Is the ford vin no. format been changed? Ive been given a 7 digit number. How to find the manufacture date with this.?

Thanks
Srini

Quote:

Originally Posted by switz (Post 3186588)
Anyone know if SYNC works well with iPhone? Does it read out messages?
getting my car this week, any recommended accessories ?

SYNC does work with the iPhone but does not read out messages. Not sure about the "well" part! :D

More info here:
http://www.india.ford.com/sync/suppo...t/mobile?v=101

Most accessories are a personal choice but recommended ones IMO would be:

Quote:

Originally Posted by anand89 (Post 3186668)
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum. I recently called Lathangi Ford, J P Nagar, B'lore to enquire about Test Drive of Ecosport's ecoboost engine. But, the receptionist told me that they haven't received the Ecosport's Ecoboost engine. Is it true? Can anybody throw light on this? Thanking you in advance.
We are very much interested in this car and would like to know the waiting period too.

Hi Anand 89! Not sure about deliveries, but I have driven the ecoboost at Metro Ford, palace ground. So I'm sure dealers have TD vehicles available. As for waiting period - Metro currently has it at around 1 year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkLordOfSith (Post 3185987)
I am in the same boat as you are. :Frustrati
Did you also book from the somajiguda ford ? :deadhorse

Not at Somajiguda but at their sister concern Tolichowki...

What's more irritating is that Mody ford @ Begumpet seems to be delivering at a good pace. Had visited them two weeks back and saw atleast 4 ecosports ready for delivery! The SA said that they had already delivered 75 cars in about 3-4 weeks time!:eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundManiac (Post 3186834)

What's more irritating is that Mody ford @ Begumpet seems to be delivering at a good pace. Had visited them two weeks back and saw atleast 4 ecosports ready for delivery! The SA said that they had already delivered 75 cars in about 3-4 weeks time!:eek:

Now Somajiguda and Tolichowki are different entities. Somajiguda one is called vibrant Ford whereas the Tolichowki one remains to be Fortune Ford. I have visited both Vibrant and tolichowki Fords last week and they were delivering cars. (especially the diesel ones). From both the showrooms they have delivered only very less ecoboost

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundManiac (Post 3186834)

Your experience gives me hope that the dealer is following the booking sequence ! Someone I know who pre-booked just after the display in Inorbit got his car 2 weeks ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by switz (Post 3186732)
Hi Guys Is the ford vin no. format been changed? Ive been given a 7 digit number. How to find the manufacture date with this.?

Thanks
Srini

The dealer gives you 7 characters long VIN number. The entire VIN number can be found on your vehicle (on the front glass).

These 7 characters are sufficient to decode the vin. Post it here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...re-vin-90.html

Wildon should be able to deode it and give you the compltete VIN too which you can verify when you see your car.

I tried to reach out to Ford to get any details on the delivery of my AT booking (pre booked in mid June).
Here is the standard reply I got (I bet an auto reply from the email box).
What is the new variant the email bot is talking about here? no clue:eek:

"We are in receipt of your mail and noted down the contents .
We sincerely value your patronage for Ford India and appreciate the business you have given us. We wish to inform you that there has been an overwhelming response to the new variant hence causing a huge demand which has resulted in the delay in the delivery status. We are on one hand very excited and happy with the situation, this is a situation that every car manufacturer would want to be in ,however on the other hand we sincerely regret that we are not able to support you in this regard . We apologize if we have not been able to meet your expectations.
We request you to contact our dealership for the availability, since the dispatches of the vehicle would also be based on the order priority across dealerships based on the order placed with us by them.
Assuring you of our best services and continuous support at all times.":Frustrati

Need your advice on this one:

I had booked Ecosport Petrol AT on June 26th with AVK Ford. As you are aware, Petrol AT deliveries are nowhere in sight and the dealer is still talking of 6 month waiting for the AT.

I am in no position to wait for 6 months as I have already sold off one of my cars and need a replacement badly!

As a special case, the SE has advised me to switch to TDCI (O) and make the full payment in advance. They would provide me delivery of TDCI (O) after 45 days of receipt of full payment.

Is it all right to make the full payment in advance? Please advise. please:

Everyone who are looking for accessories I happen to get the front bumper applique for mars red it looks stunning IMO