Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-196.html)

I am planning to take the car today for the first service 2500km
They were telling that there is no need to change the oil.
Any comments?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojoinassi (Post 3189671)
Any comments?

yes, that's what most car manufacturers say these days. The first service is just a general checkup and to fix any niggles that you might have noticed. A lot of people however do recommend changing the engine oil around 5000kms or so, if you don't want to wait for the first full service, for a new engine.

I'm guessing, with that kind of mileage, you drive a lot on highways. How is the performance of the car? Any rattles, niggles etc ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeKay (Post 3189357)
The Cost of this pack is 6000.
Here is what it includes:
  • Carpet Floor mat
  • Mud flaps
  • Trunk mat
  • Car Freshener
  • metallic Keychain
  • Document Holder.
This is what is mentioned in my accessories list.

The Maximum Retail Price for the ESSENTIAL PACK inclusive of all the 6 items above is not more than Rs. 4500/- but dealers in Mumbai have decided to charge Rs. 6000/- and give only 3 out of 6 items. I am currently fighting with Bhavna Ford with the help of Ford India customer care to get the refund of Rs. 1500/- and also have them deliver the remaining 3 items! They should be giving it to me today hopefully, post which I will attach the pictures here.

For all those who have booked the car, please send an email to Ford customer care and demand the remaining 3 accessories as well as refund the any amount charged beyond Rs. 4500/-.

Good morning friends,

i hear that the production of titanium (O) is very slow and less in numbers, compared to other variants. Can anybody shed some light on this?. I have booked one on July 3rd

Thanks in advance

All the people who've booked/received the vehicle out there, need your help on two quick questions.

After how many days of paying the 50k amount did you get the Booking/Priority number?
Supposing I paid the booking amount two days ago by a cheque, when should I expect to get my Booking/Priority number ?
Also, how may days did they take to allot the vehicle for you from the day of Booking?

Any Inputs on this appreciated. :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojoinassi (Post 3189671)
Any comments?

Hi, Can i know the mileage after 2500 Km. hope yours is Diesel version. I am planning to Book EcoSport this weekend.

For Diesel Titanium, Bajaj Insurance quotes around 35K for what they call as bumper to bumper insurance.
For the same type of coverage Icici Lombard, HDFC Ergo, Tata AIG seem to charge around 21K.

Why is there so much difference?

The Bajaj guy says that in case of claim, they leave it to the dealer whereas all others send their man for inspection who usually disallows many items.
Any comments from those who experienced this in practice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitish.h (Post 3189829)
All the people who've booked/received the vehicle out there, need your help on two quick questions.

After how many days of paying the 50k amount did you get the Booking/Priority number?
Supposing I paid the booking amount two days ago by a cheque, when should I expect to get my Booking/Priority number ?
Also, how may days did they take to allot the vehicle for you from the day of Booking?

Any Inputs on this appreciated. :-)

I paid 50k on 28th June. Till now I havent received any booking numbers. Pre booking deliveries happening now and they have assured me that I will be getting mine in the next lot which will happen from Mid Aug. So expecting my delivery sometime during the 3rd week of August.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xuv2390 (Post 3189781)
The Maximum Retail Price for the ESSENTIAL PACK inclusive of all the 6 items above is not more than Rs. 4500/- but dealers in Mumbai have decided to charge Rs. 6000/- and give only 3 out of 6 items.
For all those who have booked the car, please send an email to Ford customer care and demand the remaining 3 accessories as well as refund the any amount charged beyond Rs. 4500/-.

Even I thought that 6,000 for these small nothings is a bit steep. But, since this was printed in the official accessories price list, I let it be.

I haven't been told when my car will be delivered, but the manager of the showroom has promised me that he will deliver it by Mid September. I hope he comes through.

When I am about to get the delivery, I will surely make sure that I get all the accessories and appropriate price is charged.

How does the Ecosport Diesel exactly fare on the highway? I normally do the Bangalore to Kanyakumari stretch and don't go above 120 KM/hr. Would this be the ideal car when compared with a Vento? I was sure that my next car would be a Vento until this came along. I am not a stickler to the gadgetary(my wife is, however). Another important factor is my height. At 6'2", would this be better than a sedan like Vento? Please advise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aneezan (Post 3189956)
Would this be the ideal car when compared with a Vento? I was sure that my next car would be a Vento until this came along.

Some personal experience since I have used a Vento. I personally didnt like the driver seating position in the Vento. The front windshield is at a weird slope and you will find the area to be really small. The IRVM will obstruct your view and you tend to bang your head while getting out(BTW, am 5'11"). Vento also tends to bounce around while cruising at triple digit speeds but not as bad as the car that replaced Vento, the Hyundai Verna :D.Although I just had a short TD of the Ecosport, I did find it's seating position much better than the Vento. This is again my personal experience and no offence meant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3189975)
Some personal experience since I have used a Vento. I personally didnt like the driver seating position in the Vento. The front windshield is at a weird slope and you will find the area to be really small. The IRVM will obstruct your view and you tend to bang your head while getting out(BTW, am 5'11"). Vento also tends to bounce around while cruising at triple digit speeds but not as bad as the car that replaced Vento, the Hyundai Verna :D.Although I just had a short TD of the Ecosport, I did find it's seating position much better than the Vento. This is again my personal experience and no offence meant.

Thanks Naveen. My problem with the shorter cars is that my legs are always touching the steering wheel and hence have to place them wider than I would like to. :D. I thought that a taller car would solve this, however, after sitting in a Duster, had the same feeling. I didn't have a problem with Ertiga or the XUV 500. But I don't like the Ertiga and don't have the plans for plonking an additional 5L for the XUV. Verna was never in the picture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aneezan (Post 3189988)
Thanks Naveen. My problem with the shorter cars is that my legs are always touching the steering wheel and hence have to place them wider than I would like to. :D. I thought that a taller car would solve this, however, after sitting in a Duster, had the same feeling. I didn't have a problem with Ertiga or the XUV 500. But I don't like the Ertiga and don't have the plans for plonking an additional 5L for the XUV. Verna was never in the picture.

I had the same problem in Vento but Ecosport was comfortable. Ecosport also got this sloping windscreen but much better in this case. Personally satisfied with Ecosport's driving position.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aneezan (Post 3189956)
At 6'2", would this be better than a sedan like Vento? Please advise.

I have take 3 test drives of the Ecosport till date and being 6'1", I can personally vouch for the Ecosport's driving position and comfort. I have driven the Titanium (O), which has height adjustable seats as well as the ambient, which doesn't. Both fared extremely well in that department. I didn't have any complaints whatsoever.

That said, I own a Rapid as well and I can say the same for it. With the seat height all the way down and the seat moved all the way backwards, it is a very comfortable ride indeed. But then again, the road view comes into picture and the Ecosport is a lot better than the Rapid or the Vento here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3189992)
I had the same problem in Vento but Ecosport was comfortable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeKay (Post 3190113)
I have take 3 test drives of the Ecosport till date and being 6'1", I can personally vouch for the Ecosport's driving position and comfort.

Since you both own Vento and Rapid respectively,can you post a small comparo between the 1.6TDI and the 1.5Tdci in terms of performance alone ?