Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-96.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 3160772)
Booked Titanium+ Diesel Mars red.. On road price Mangalore should be 11lacs.

Isn't that a bit high? The ex showroom price in Delhi is 8.99 L for the Titanium (O) variant for the diesel. On road should be 10 to 10.5 max in other states right? stupid:

Or is that your final price with add-ons?

Congratulations anyway, it's an awesome car to drive.

Extremely pleasing pricing. Also, I really like the wide number of models and submodels to choose from. Kudos to Ford!

It will draw buyers from both the hatches and the sedans and may I say the Duster (oops). And entice people looking to change their hatches as well.

Anybody taking delivery in Bangalore any time soon? Lathangi Ford says they haven't got their stock yet. Wonder how other dealerships got their stocks already.

The second hand car market will also get a booster dose with agressive pricing of Ford EcoSport, I can see many of us planning to part away from the existing cars to make way for EcoSport.

Well done Ford.

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Any further usage of acronyms will invite Moderator action on your account.

Thanks!

Any thoughts on why Ford chose not to offer Diesel AT?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ByDesign (Post 3160808)
Isn't that a bit high? The ex showroom price in Delhi is 8.99 L for the Titanium (O) variant for the diesel. On road should be 10 to 10.5 max in other states right? stupid:

Or is that your final price with add-ons?

Congratulations anyway, it's an awesome car to drive.

Down south, even the ex showroom is about 20-25k more than Delhi due to the VAT and other taxes. Add to that the really high road tax, the diesel titanium (o) will very well touch 11 lakhs OTR. :Frustrati

Hi,

I have a question on the 16" alloy wheels. Is the design of alloys different between Titanium and Titanium(O) or else is it the same?

Rgds
Dinesh

Saw a White and Silver color Eco Sport today. Must say that the Silver color looked very stylish with all those chrome around.

It's sure time to get a TD done and decide whether to go for the Storme or the Eco Sport.

I am sure every other manufacturer is scurrying back to their calculators. Well done Ford! This car is the new Swift. A perfect canvass for mods and customisations.

Seems the sad Ford dealers would seal the fate of this car just like Fiesta.

I along with dad went to book the car and the attitude is horrible, they forced me to buy insurance through them, essential kit, body care package and to top it all i was told that if i buy a 50k accessories package i will get the car early, this was enough to piss me off and i stormed out of the dealership, they didnt even care to stop me.

I cant deal with such thugs, this dealer was Astro Ford, Rajapuri, New delhi.

Going to harpreet to book the car, if its the same there then good bye ecosport, the car is good but pre sales is pathetic.

Would complain to Ford MD and ford india, if any one knows higher ups in ford, please pm me their mail address, a strong worded mail is on their way.

Guys whats the kerb weight of the Ecosport not able to find that in the specification sheets.

That would give an idea on PTW ratio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by redrage (Post 3160837)
Guys whats the kerb wait of the ecosport not able to find that in the specification sheets.

Go to the first page of this review. That is the only place where I could find the kerb weight, though not for the AT.

Cheers,

Quote:

Originally Posted by redrage (Post 3160837)
Guys whats the kerb weight of the Ecosport not able to find that in the specification sheets.

Yes. It is missing . I was also trying to find it because I want to know it for comparison of 1.0L Ecoboost Engine performance.
I have a complete Detail brocure given by Ford Showroom but Kerb Weight is not mentioned anywhere.

I was just looking at a recent price list from Vinayak and Tafe. The OTR BLR price for the Yeti there was 19 for the base 4x2 before any discount and negotiation.

By contrast it seems that Ford EcoSport has walloped everyone below the belt with their pricing. Some 9.8 odd in Bombay ON ROAD for the Petrol EcoBoost with all Options and 10.65 L odd for the Diesel Titanium with all Options!
Stunning pricing to say the least.
Hope it is not one of those new irritating "introductory price" strategies!

At this kind of price all the potential car buyers will run to FORD and they will be sold out of Ford EcoSport cars for the next 3 years or something like that...

Truly, it's never been so good for the Indian consumer!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3160039)
Have the Yeti prices gone up? Exactly one year back, when I was looking around, the pricing with a discount of a lakh touched just above 16 all inclusive. Has it gone up to 19 now? Wow!

Renault would take at least a generation or two to get that guy in here! Would have loved to see it in Indian market.

Though the pricing seems quite decent I could pretty much end up being the first one out here to cancel the booking. Not saying that I will, but just might. There are those who are prepared to wait for a vehicle in queue and those that will wait a bit if the process is transparent and clean and those that will wait endlessly at the mercy of the dealer. I definitely am not from the last category and just do not see ford taking steps to ensure transparency in the booking process. It is pretty much about how well you can pressurize or get along with the dealer to jump the queue and get the vehicle fast. I don't see the dealers resisting the urge to make an extra buck in the process.

Am already unhappy with the Thane Dealer Shreeji Ford.
1) They goofed up first in loosing my contact details a couple of days prior to the date when I did the actual booking (and hence I was delayed a good bit.) The guy had noted my details on a piece of paper that he lost and they tried to shift the blame on me for giving the wrong number. This was proved incorrect when he finally located the paper on which he had noted my details.

2) No numeric count has been given for my booking number.

3) Was told that if I pay 100% in advance I could get delivery in first week itself.

4) Later the guy handling my account for the showroom (who does not seem to know much) now tells me that AT will take 2-3 months - but still has no idea of how many AT they are or are not getting in the fist lot/s.

5) The exchange guy has been giving absurd quotes from the time I gave the booking cheque (the values quotes were much better earlier), while I do already have much better quotes outside but that will be an extra effort.

6) It is a small outlet that has changed it's showroom location multiple times in the last few years.

7) I am beginning to doubt the capability of ford dealers to service the kind of demand that this car will be getting. The car is no doubt excellent and very well priced but service quality will matter and this will be quite a challenge for Ford and their dealers.

8) I am observing a kind of behaviour that can best be described as being respectfully rude with a smile. They know that no customer however much he threatens to cancel bookings will not do so right away even if they goof up a bit on purpose.

9) One aspect of buying a new vehicle is already spoilt a bit. Might as well deal with used car dealers if there is going to be no professionalism.

10) They still aren't giving out OTR pricing today ex Thane or ex Mumbai though sites like Carwale and others have it since some time. - Standard comment company has only announced Ex Delhi showroom pricing. (As if too they are getting the info from the new channels rather than the company directly.)