Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-93.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by avira_tk (Post 3160644)
I am glad that Ford has made the base version affordable by skimping on the safety features,

Safety features makes a car costly is BIG misconception.

Adding at least ABS should not add much to the manufacturing cost.

Amaze D S MT is recent example.

How about that : "EcoSport's aggressive pricing hits auto stocks, M&M sinks 4%"
http://profit.ndtv.com/news/market/a...sinks-4-323756

Mods, request you to kindly delete all the posts with pricing information. The info is fully available on the Website. I see lots of posts with pricing info with little value added to the discussions.

Please delete this post as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bapu (Post 3160618)
Guys,

Any update on the mileage expected?

Nowhere am i able to find the ARAI figures even. If it's there, please guide to the link.

Pricing is great. Waiting to check out the diesel Titanium model this weekend. If the mileage is above 18, it'll be happiness time :)

Salespeople are quoting 12kmpl for 1.5 petrol and 14kmpl for ecoboost..
We are going with the Ecoboost Tit(o) for the price..

Right from the I20 to the D segment entry level cars would be affected with this pricing. For the sheer amount of gadgets itself I would buy the car! combined with great looks and very good pricing, it's a win win situation for the buyers and Ford.

Hats off to Ford guys. I think they took a lesson from Premier here in terms of what should be the cost of a 4M SUV and decided to teach a lesson or 2 to Renault and Mahindra.

Learning for Mahindra - You can offer more gadgets from the XUV onto the Quanto now. Good price was it's only USP and that is gone now (if I don't factor in +2 seats!)

All of a sudden, Figo is looking overpricedlol:

Now that we have the spec sheet and the price list , I would wish somebody to post the performance figures too, the 0-60 , 0-100, 20-80 and the 100-0 distance please .

Good pricing Ford. It seems Ford has read everything between the lines while we did the critical evaluation of the product and the competition.

So, next big question that I( and probably many others) have in mind is to drink boost(buy 1.0 Ecoboost) or not? With a mere 43000/- difference between the two variants. Diesel is ruled out for my kind of usage( less 800km/month). Any expert advice/ comments?

As per the price list the ex-showroom Delhi & the ex-showroom Thane (Maharashtra) prices are the same. In fact some of them are 1 rupee cheaper! How is this possible?

Unbelievable prices! Kudos to Ford for making us all jump with joy.

I am so happy i pre-booked my AT earlier. Thought i did contemplate shifting to a trend 1.5 petrol in between, the OTR cost for OT will be 10 lakhs and that's a steal considering its a dual clutch AT unit with 10 year warranty (Ford Fiesta gave the same warranty).

So time to celebrate (notwithstanding the fact it might be a long wait for the AT version since my sales executive hinted as much but still worth it)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniketi (Post 3160645)
Can somebody explain me why Ford has not launched Ecoboost in the lower variants? They are not sure it will sell? I think they should have launched it in at least Trend version. It would have got lot of takers.

The EcoBoost being an imported engine, I dont think selling it in large numbers would be profitable for Ford. That could be one of the reasons why Ford restrained the EcoBoost to the top variants alone. Of course, I am only guessing though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3160658)

Something wrong in pricing here. You have mentioned AT twice with 2 different prices. There is only one AT variant i.e Titanium.

Just noticed that, I just copied it from ACI. Could you please change it. The AT is 8.45, according to the other sites.

OMG just got a text from my dealer: Ecosport Titanium AT on road (Delhi) is: Rs.9,96,437 only!!!

Well, there's not reason for me to cancel it now :p

Ford has really taken the feedback of the community and applied it. Hope they take feedback on quality issues too.

Ill wait for my Ecosport in the 2nd lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zen kobane (Post 3160700)
OMG just got a text from my dealer: Ecosport Titanium AT on road (Delhi) is: Rs.9,96,437 only!!!

Well, there's not reason for me to cancel it now :p

Ford has really taken the feedback of the community and applied it. Hope they take feedback on quality issues too.

Ill wait for my Ecosport in the 2nd lot.

What did he mention about the delivery timeline/ wait time?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vishal.R (Post 3160680)
Safety features makes a car costly is BIG misconception.

Adding at least ABS should not add much to the manufacturing cost.

Amaze D S MT is recent example.

Not a misconception at all, please look at the options available to a customer today, take the Swift Dzire as an example, for petrol the markup to get ABS and airbags is 1.6Lakhs which is before taxes and registration. Similar pricing exists across all models, a hatchback or first time buyer doesn't have the option of stretching his budget by 40% whatever enthusiasts might make of his choice.

ABS doesn't add to manufacturing cost so signficantly but most people would like bling alloys and ICE for 40k, look at all the souped up L/V versions of the Swift.

The base Amaze has ABS, but at a cost, Ford hasn't produced such a third world product with the EcoSport.

Superb pricing, Ford! Ford learned a lesson by over-pricing new Fiesta, and that shows in the EcoSport pricing. But one thing is for sure - within an year of launch, the prices will go up by another 50K - 60K owing to the demand, IMO.