Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-89.html)

YES YES YES

Now that is one excellent price, it also takes care of resale for early adopters. I can't believe this Ford and price right. Well any ways the very best of luck to Ford and all the people going for Ecosport.

Renault your free ride just ended, now sit down and give us a decent product. This will also tell if Renault is a one hit wonder or not.

Should I sell my Figo?, help me BHPians.

Quote:

Originally Posted by puchoo (Post 3160533)
Actually closer to about 9.6 . The Tjet which was just launched was Ex-Showroom 8.94 and it translates into 10.08 OTR including about 30k for insurance and some other random stuff.

I was talking about Bangalore OTR assuming the ex-showroom pricing in Bangalore remains same as Delhi (surely will not,but for reference).

Competition and the industry sentiment has forced Ford to price the ES brilliantly.

Great pricing, just hope Ford has solved all the initial ownership niggles and has tested the car thorougly on Indian roads.

The reason I haven't picked up the XUV despite it being excellent value is because of the horror stories detailed in various ownership reviews.

Tempted to ask wifey to upgrade from her Swift ZXi to the Ecoboost Titaniumlol:

EXCELLENT pricing! Ford has learned late, but learned nevertheless. This should see a surge in the waiting periods - currently 1.5 months according to a dealer estimate.

Lets also hope this is not introductory pricing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dish (Post 3160524)
Delhi Ex Showroom Prices

1.5 (P) Ambient -5.59
1.5 (P) Trend - 6.49
1.5 (P) Tit - 7.5
1.5 (P) Tit AT - 8.44

1.0 (P) Ecoboost Tit - 7.89
1.0 (P) ecoboost tit (O) - 8.28

1.5 (D) Ambient - 6.69
1.5 ((D) Trend - 7.6
1.5 (D) tit - 8.61
1.5 (D) tit (O) - 8.99

Oh My God......What Killier pricing. Hats off to Ford. The 1.5 (D) Titanium Option is 10 Lakhs OTR....That's better than our expectations.

Now seeing the prices, i urge my fellow members not to choose the variants without safety features.

A big Thanks to Ford India for Making safety affordable to the common Indian Consumer. :thumbs up

There was speculation whether the Nissan Terrano will be priced higher or lower than the Duster but now with the launch of the Ecosport and the fabulous prices on offer, it's pretty much clear that if Nissan wants to stay in the game it will have to price the Terrano lower than the Duster or the Duster will get new reduced prices to accommodate the Terrano.

Either way win-a-win for quasi-SUV lovers!

The Ford guys handling vehicle exchange at Shreeji Ford Thane have started to exploit the high demand. They are suddenly quoting absurdly low prices for vehicles in exchange. Can make some guys like me cancel the booking (inspite of what seems to be decent pricing) though - they don't seem bothered for now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eq24 (Post 3160543)
YES YES YES

Should I sell my Figo?, help me BHPians.

If you love driving the Figo and the car's chuckability, the EcoSport might not cut it for you. Anyway, a thumb rule that I follow religiously: Wait for at least 3 months before booking any new product.

Cheers,

Jay

Ford will now have to draw their adv. strategy from Hero (ala Hero Honda) with person owning one bike using his keys in another.

It's going to be raining Ford ES everywhere !!!

How are we going to differentiate one ES from the other !!! Thankfully cars have a keyless entery / opening facility.

Lovely Ford. God save you from evil eyes of HMIL, MSIL, Honda etc.

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Any further usage of acronyms will invite Moderator action on your account.

Thanks!

Took short test drive of Ecoboost and Diesel variant of Ecosport.

Pros:
Cons:

Engine - Ecoboost
Pros:
  1. Good power delivery post 2000 rpm once turbo kicks in. Strong mid range. 2nd gear goes to 80mph very fast. Will be fun on highways.
  2. Smooth
  3. Good NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness)
  4. Good gear shifts.

Cons:
  1. Turbo lag below 2000 rpm
  2. City drive-ability is just ok. Can be managed by slipping clutch and down shifting.

Engine- Diesel
Pros:
  1. Good city drive-ability.
  2. Linear power delivery.

Cons:
  1. Underpowered. Vehicle starts losing steam post 80 kmph.
  2. Very Bad NVH
  3. Poor gear shits. I found it good in Ecoboost.
  4. Hard clutch - I know it is a diesel.

I will wait to see the reliability of Ecoboost before getting one. Diesel did not excite me.

I went to a ford dealership (Elite Ford, Marathahalli) for the first time and was very happy with the way they treated me.

Overall, I am very impressed with the vehicle. A cross over which meets my requirements well. Insha Allah, I will get one once the rush comes down.

I think from a market perspective, Trend version is the one that we should be looking at and people will be mostly opting for this trim. So, we actually need to see the pricing of the this version.
For an easy reference i have attached the difference between the trims in this post. Hope it'll be useful for some people.

Also, the price list as put up by Dish in previous page:
Delhi Ex Showroom Prices

1.5 (P) Ambient -5.59
1.5 (P) Trend - 6.49
1.5 (P) Tit - 7.5
1.5 (P) Tit AT - 8.44

1.0 (P) Ecoboost Tit - 7.89
1.0 (P) ecoboost tit (O) - 8.28

1.5 (D) Ambient - 6.69
1.5 ((D) Trend - 7.6
1.5 (D) tit - 8.61
1.5 (D) tit (O) - 8.99

I wonder if these prices are introductory. Even if it is, it should be alright, given that the Duster is a good 2 lakhs more than the Duster 85 RxL(o). The only advantage the Duster has over the EcoSport is its ability to accommodate the 5th passenger and his luggage (it is crucial for some) Will the Duster be able to justify the 2 lakhs premium over the Ford?

Saw a post in FB says Ford EcoSport 5.59lacs starting, ex showroom, delhi. Killer pricing IMHO. Can someone confirm?
Carewale: Ford has finally launched the EcoSport for a starting price of Rs 5.59 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The compact crossover is available in four trim lines with the option of two petrol and one diesel mill, with the top spec Titanium petrol variant costing Rs 8.44 lakh.

Good Stuff. Its going to out do duster I believe

Rs 5.59 & Ford EcoSport are trending on Twitter.
Fabulous pricing. Now time for long waiting periods!

Hormazd Sorabjee of Autocar deserves a mention here as he had predicted long time ago about 5lakh rupee price bracket for this car.:thumbs up

Can someone post on-road Mumbai prices from their dealer here?

Holy Smokes!! its 2.4Lacs cheaper than Duster!!! EcoSport Base+KTM D390=Duster Base lol: