Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-90.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa (Post 3160538)
Details price list of Ford EcoSport Ex-Showroom Delhi: (Courtesy: Carblog India)

EcoSport Petrol Prices

EcoSport Petrol Ambiente 1.5 Litre MT is priced at Rs. 5.59 Lakhs
EcoSport Petrol Trend 1.5 Litre MT is priced at Rs. Lakhs
EcoSport Petrol Titanium 1.5 Litre MT is priced at Rs. Lakhs
EcoSport Petrol Titanium 1.5 Litre AT with powershift Automatic is priced at Rs. 8.45 Lakhs
EcoSport Petrol Titanium 1.0 Litre EcoBoost MT is priced at Rs. 7.90 Lakhs
EcoSport Petrol Titanium (O) 1.0 Litre EcoBoost MT is priced at Rs. 7.90 Lakhs

EcoSport Diesel Prices

EcoSport Diesel Ambiente 1.5 Litre MT Diesel is priced at Rs. 6.69 Lakhs
EcoSport Diesel Trend 1.5 Litre MT Diesel is priced at Rs. Lakhs
EcoSport Diesel Titanium 1.5 Litre MT Diesel is priced at Rs. Lakhs
EcoSport Diesel Titanium (O) 1.5 Litre MT Diesel is priced at Rs. Lakhs

Price List without the price.lol:

Tomorrow's news:
Duster available off the shelf.
XUV5OO offers free insurance, etc.
i20 gets price revision.
Amaze waiting period reduced to one week max.
Exciting offers on Swift/Dzire.

From the pricing, I think Ford is aiming mostly at Duster and C-segment sedans with the EcoSport.

To have basic safety feature (ABS) in EcoSport diesel, a customer has to shell out Rs.7.6L (ex-showroom for Trend variant). For that price, he can get the top variant of a premium hatchback with all bells and whistles. And given that EcoSport does not have a huge space advantage over the premium hatchbacks, I'm not too sure if the premium hatchbacks would take a huge hit due to the EcoSport. Duster, on the other hand, could "bite the dust" :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivasuma (Post 3160592)
Frankly, looking at the general public's view about safety, it really will not happen. They will be more than happy with the gizmos and bling.

ABS was mentioned only as an example feature. Trend variant of EcoSport also lacks gizmos compared to similarly priced premium hatchbacks. For eg: no ACC, no alloys, no keyless start, no auto headlamps/wipers, no MID etc compared to i20 Asta priced at 7.63L ex-showroom Delhi. It does have presence, though.

Superb pricing from Ford this time, after a massive failure for Fiesta.
Almost one hand half year is the timing to learn the Indian public mindset by Urban Discovery!!!

Slightly off-track: What's the deal with ex-Delhi prices? Are they low or high? If the car is getting manufactured in Chennai, wouldn't they add the transport costs? How can Bangalore prices be greater than Delhi?

One Word..WOWWW!! That's awesome pricing. I caught an Ecosport yesterday in the flesh and it looks awesome. With this VFM pricing, expect it to fly off the shelves. Ford has finally nailed it. Duster watch out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarrySky (Post 3160582)
From the pricing, I think Ford is aiming mostly at Duster and C-segment sedans with the EcoSport.

To have basic safety feature (ABS) in EcoSport diesel, a customer has to shell out Rs.7.6L (ex-showroom for Trend variant). For that price, he can get the top variant of a premium hatchback with all bells and whistles. And given that EcoSport does not have a huge space advantage over the premium hatchbacks, I'm not too sure if the premium hatchbacks would take a huge hit due to the EcoSport. Duster, on the other hand, could "bite the dust" :D

Frankly, looking at the general public's view about safety, it really will not happen. They will be more than happy with the gizmos and bling.

Mindblowing pricing from Ford's side. This makes the Duster look pricey(it is pricey) and even the Amaze in VFM factor.
Hope they maintain the pricing and doesn't go overboard with the success.
A friend of friend is going to book he Titanium diesel this afternoon. The pricing will surprise him. He was expecting to pay 11lakhs for the Titanium, looks like he will save almost a lac.

There is a "City wise prices" link on Ford India website. But its not working at the moment...

Ex showroom prices for Delhi are as below.

Petrol 1.5 Variants:

1.5 MT Ambiente – INR 5.59 lakhs

1.5 MT Trend – INR 6.49 lakhs

1.5 MT Titanium – INR 7.51 lakhs

1.5 AT Titanium – INR 8.45 lakhs

Petrol Ecoboost:

1.0 MT Titanium – INR 7.89 lakhs

1.0 MT Titanium (0) – INR 8.29 lakhs

Diesel Variants:

1.5 MT Ambiente – INR 6.69 lakhs

1.5 MT Trend – INR 7.61 lakhs

1.5 MT Titanium – INR 8.62 lakhs

1.5 MT Titanium (0) – INR 8.99 lakhs

Ford is gunning for the Ecosport to be the numero uno.
I won't be surprised if this is the new swift. Expect to see a lot of Ecosports on the road now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9thsphinx (Post 3160559)
There was speculation whether the Nissan Terrano will be priced higher or lower than the Duster but now with the launch of the Ecosport and the fabulous prices on offer, it's pretty much clear that if Nissan wants to stay in the game it will have to price the Terrano lower than the Duster or the Duster will get new reduced prices to accommodate the Terrano.

Either way win-a-win for quasi-SUV lovers!

Nissan cannot price the terrano lower than duster based on its first mover agreement with Renault. Precisely the reason why scala is priced higher than sunny.

Killer pricing from Ford - They learned from Fiesta fiasco. Ecosport will be a Game changer for Ford in India. It is back to the drawing board (on price at least) for Renault (Duster) and Mahindra (Quanto).

Waiting to see how Ford and dealers will cope up with the demand and resulting headaches.

I have almost decided to go for an AT. Will wait for another 3 to 4 months for the hoopla to die down

Been reading the comments from other bhpians and looks like everyone is excited. Amazing price Ford. Congrats on hearing the common public. Guess Ford went through TBHP in depth.

Now have to decide on the color and make the booking for the Diesel T.

Superb pricing from Ford! kudos are in order! A huge surprise after years of inflated launch pricing where customers have had to grin and bear it for lack of alternatives.

This is a first for teambhp as the pricing is lower than most would have anticipated, and the recent rupee dollar shenanigans makes it that much more praiseworthy.

Even the ecoboost comes in under 8. Only the Titanium D is at 8.9 which will take it to just over 10.5 OTR, and this being the highest end diesel version is a huge value in the current context. Duster and others will definitely feel the effects of this launch. We are the first to pounce on inflated poor VFM launch pricing and there have been many instances of that lately, we should give ford the praise they deserve here.

For those waiting anxiously for the ecosport the wait had paid off!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kopakabana (Post 3160550)
Now seeing the prices, i urge my fellow members not to choose the variants without safety features.

I think that's a fantastic sentiment - and will give a clear message to the auto industry not to skimp on safety features.

Guys,

Any update on the mileage expected?

Nowhere am i able to find the ARAI figures even. If it's there, please guide to the link.

Pricing is great. Waiting to check out the diesel Titanium model this weekend. If the mileage is above 18, it'll be happiness time :)