Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-590.html)

Came across a comparison of small SUVs, Holden Trax, Ford EcoSport, Suzuki S-Cross, Peugeot 2008, Nissan Juke, and Mitsubishi ASX in Caradvice.com based in Auatralia.
This rates, the Ecosport at the last slot and the Peugeot 2008 tops the list.

Is interesting to read at this link; http://www.caradvice.com.au/277468/s...itsubishi-asx/

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhavukjain (Post 3698074)
full wrap in gloss black and matte lagoon blue.

Now looks stunning. How much did it cost & time taken?

Do you need to change the RC book?

It has been more than three weeks since i booked my ecosport in mars red colour. The company is offering me only a customised vehicle with extra accessories namely led scuff plates for front doors ,rear spoiler and roofrail cross bars and spare wheel cover and asking me to pay rs26000 extra for it. I have raised the issue with their customer care but no resolution till now.
Does anybody know the twitter handle of their top executives or regional sales contact details for north India

You email them and they will never respond to you. Try posting on their Facebook page

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik hill (Post 3698310)
Does anybody know the twitter handle of their top executives or regional sales contact details for north India

Send a mail indicating all the details and your requirements to custmail@ford.com
You will get a reply for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik hill (Post 3698310)

"Nigel Harris" <write2md@ford.com>

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemant.kamat (Post 3698397)
"Nigel Harris" <write2md@ford.com>

I tried searching for him but there is no twitter account for him

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik hill (Post 3698432)

Just drop him an email. Worked for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemant.kamat (Post 3698580)
Just drop him an email. Worked for me.

Thanks a lot for your help. Will just send a mail to him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridhar-v (Post 3698291)
Now looks stunning. How much did it cost & time taken?

Do you need to change the RC book?

Thanks. It took 4 days and costed me 35K. No need to change the RC book.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik hill (Post 3698432)

Mail him at nigelharis3@ford.com
Mr Nigel Haris is President, Ford India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeev k (Post 3698946)
Mail him at nigelharis3@ford.com
Mr Nigel Haris is President, Ford India.

The mail bounced from this id since it was an invalid id and the mail sent yesterday to MD has been auto fwd to customer care.
So in nutshell, no progress.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeev k (Post 3698255)
Came across a comparison of small SUVs, Holden Trax, Ford EcoSport, Suzuki S-Cross, Peugeot 2008, Nissan Juke, and Mitsubishi ASX in Caradvice.com based in Auatralia.
This rates, the Ecosport at the last slot and the Peugeot 2008 tops the list.

Is interesting to read at this link; http://www.caradvice.com.au/277468/s...itsubishi-asx/

I kind of agree to what has been told there with respect to the Ecosport, except the looks part. I find the Ecosport beautiful if you exclude the rear mounted spare, but then looks are always subjective, so you can't argue on that.

I agree with what they say about the plastics, the engine, the ride and most importantly the handling. I know that all domestic reviews have applauded the Ecosport's handling, but I - as is stated in the review - find the handling a bit amiss.

Quote:

Turn into a corner and its tippy-toe disposition never feels planted; push too hard and it lacks balance and feels precarious
There is some lateral movement which takes time to settle down after you have taken an uneven patch. I haven't driven any other SUVs so, I can't compare with any of them, but I can safely say that it is definitely not car-like.

The review rates the Ecosport behind all other cars in comparison. But that should not mean that the Ecosport is a bad car. None of the others in the comparison are available in India. Once some of them come to India, the Ecosport's throne will be under serious threat.

Got my new set of Philips Xtreme Vision +130 on Saturday - fixed them yesterday. Here are some pics. They seem to be somewhat better than Osram NB Plus on low beam. The high beam of Osram was pretty scattered while these are less scattered but focussed a lot more upward (even with the levelling set to the lowest position as in the pic) leaving dark spaces down below. These dark patches can be reduced with the light from the fog lamps.
I guess this is the best one can get without disturbing the warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhavukjain (Post 3698074)
full wrap in gloss black and matte lagoon blue.

Spotted a very similar looking ecosport in pune, along with a DC grille. Forgot to snap any pictures :OT. Looked really amazing though