Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-197.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shashank.nk (Post 3190255)
Since you both own Vento and Rapid respectively,can you post a small comparo between the 1.6TDI and the 1.5Tdci in terms of performance alone ?

Shashank,
I have driven the Rapid extensively and the surge of power when the turbo kicks in is quite wondrous. The Ecosport didn't give me that feeling. In terms of performance alone, the Rapid is the one that will surely impress.

The Ecosport on the other hand, wasn't as powerful as the Rapid. That said, I wouldn't say that it felt underpowered. It has just the right amount of power for all practical purposes. But off the line, the Rapid feels a lot more quicker.

I'll be able to comment on this more properly though, when I get the delivery of my Ecosport. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeKay (Post 3190280)
Shashank,
I have driven the Rapid extensively and the surge of power when the turbo kicks in is quite wondrous. The Ecosport didn't give me that feeling. In terms of performance alone, the Rapid is the one that will surely impress.

The Ecosport on the other hand, wasn't as powerful as the Rapid. That said, I wouldn't say that it felt underpowered. It has just the right amount of power for all practical purposes. But off the line, the Rapid feels a lot more quicker.

I'll be able to comment on this more properly though, when I get the delivery of my Ecosport. :D

Thanks for the input! I drove the Ecosport diesel twice and felt the same. Power is adequate,no way is it under-powered. I also found the in-gear acceleration to be reasonable,its not a rocket yes, but good enough. I put up this question as the auto mags report huge differences in outright and in-gear acceleration figures b/w the two engines. Somehow to me the Ecosport never felt so slow

Quote:

Originally Posted by shashank.nk (Post 3190255)
Since you both own Vento and Rapid respectively,can you post a small comparo between the 1.6TDI and the 1.5Tdci in terms of performance alone ?

I used to drive the Swift/Vento/Verna. The sudden surge of torque is very much visible in the Swift and Vento but Swift stands out here. Vento's is like an all of a sudden kind of torque which makes it uncomfortable. I felt the Ecosport lacks this sudden surge of torque but it's not underpowered at all. Am just coming back after driving my uncle's ecosport and thoroughly enjoyed it. The cabin insulation is something to talk about. I shall be providing an extensive comparo between the Ecosport/Swift/Vento when I take delivery of mine and after starting my ownership report.

Some points from my uncle after completing a long trip
1) Steering is noticeably light. It does feel heavy but when you try and avoid a sudden pothole you will notice that the steering is indeed light. So should be really careful when you do such actions.
2) The blind spot is clearly bad at one particular angle/spot. But while driving, it didnt bother him much.
3) AC is excellent.
4) Highway performance was excellent (4 adults and a loaded boot - No issues).
5) Adequate light during the night

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3190405)
I used to drive the Swift/Vento/Verna. The sudden surge of torque is very much visible in the Swift and Vento but Swift stands out here. Vento's is like an all of a sudden kind of torque which makes it uncomfortable. I felt the Ecosport lacks this sudden surge of torque but it's not underpowered at all. Am just coming back after driving my uncle's ecosport and thoroughly enjoyed it. The cabin insulation is something to talk about. I shall be providing an extensive comparo between the Ecosport/Swift/Vento when I take delivery of mine and after starting my ownership report.

Some points from my uncle after completing a long trip
1) Steering is noticeably light. It does feel heavy but when you try and avoid a sudden pothole you will notice that the steering is indeed light. So should be really careful when you do such actions.
2) The blind spot is clearly bad at one particular angle/spot. But while driving, it didnt bother him much.
3) AC is excellent.
4) Highway performance was excellent (4 adults and a loaded boot - No issues).
5) Adequate light during the night

Thanks for the inputs. Since the power delivery is very linear, we don't feel the mad rush of all those 90 horses like with other more aggressively tuned cars. The steering and thick A-pillar are the only two things I may need to get used to.

My car will only come in November (booked titanium option) so will be looking forward to your review :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by siddharthseth (Post 3190431)
Fellow BHPians!
Would REALLY appreciate feedback on the video!

Not too sure if the forum rules permit posting reviews where the OP is commercially interested/involved. Having said that, I for one absolutely loved the video, especially the chess board comparo between the rivals,was unique and different when compared to what we're used to seeing all these years from the Indian auto shows!
Cheers and good luck:)

Called up my SA at Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar yesterday to get the status on my booking as its already been a month, i booked the Mars red Diesel Titanium on 26th June.
The guy assured me that i will get my car 90% in the last week of August or september first week in the worst case scenario. Eagerly awaiting my car after seeing so many people get their cars delivered.

Just had a TD of the Duster 85 today to make sure my decision was right. The dealership (renault west) were really good and brought the car today, the space inside is good, the ride quality is indeed magical as people say, looks a size bigger than Ecosport, the engine had 0 turbo lag +extremely peppy and the boot was huge. On the downside, the interiors suck :Frustrati, build quality was average and the doors dint have any satisfying thud am used to.

Just that the pricing put me off, my diesel titanium costs less on road than the 85 bhp Duster's base model, the top one is 3 lakhs over the Ecosport which am not willing to give as we are a family of 3 + a dog. If the difference was a lakh or so, i would have thought of Duster as we need the car by aug end but now i will patiently wait for my Ecosport as the sa has commited an august delivery.

3 lakhs is too much difference right now, am okay if Ecosport is called a hatch on stilts or if the space is a little less, fine with it. (strictly my opinion, no offence to anyone)

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3189893)
I paid 50k on 28th June. Till now I havent received any booking numbers. Pre booking deliveries happening now and they have assured me that I will be getting mine in the next lot which will happen from Mid Aug. So expecting my delivery sometime during the 3rd week of August.

Oops. That sounds quite long for not having received the booking number. But the delivery period seems quite okay. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by siddharthseth (Post 3190431)
Fellow BHPians!

Would REALLY appreciate feedback on the video!

Cheers,
Sid

Very well executed video, quite frankly I don't really like watching Indian people doing car videos because they try to emulate Top Gear and other hit Auto shows and the result is always wannabe to downright pathetic.

This one is quite different and refreshingly so. The editing and sound design is commendable. The host in the end gets a little off center from the topic of discussion and it feels it is hurriedly finished but other than that good job.

Received the Ecosport Ecoboost Titanium a few days back. I had booked the car on 27th June and the car reached the showroom on 16th July.
The OTR was 8.75L with 15 years registration tax and high security number plates from RTO. Accessories extra.

Discount and freebies:
6K corporate discount and free wind/bug deflectors for the windows

This car is going to be used at my home town of Guwahati hence I would not be starting an ownership thread. I will hardly drive it for a few days in a year.

Since it is the the third turbo charged petrol in the family, i thought I will put forward a few positives and negatives of the car after having driven it for around 300Kms comparing it with the Polo 1.2 Tsi which falls within the same price range. It is purely my personal opinion and others may or may not agree with what I have to say.

Positives:

-Value for money pricing considering the equipment level
-Good safety features in the Titanium version
-Ride is very comfortable, maybe a tad too soft for my liking
-Phone integration is superb (didn't try the voice command features though)
-Idling is very unobtrusive especially considering that its a 3 pot engine
-Steering feel is very nice, typical Ford (was using a Ford Fiesta 1.6 for many years)
-ORVM has a blind spot section (nice touch)

Negatives:

-Nervous handling in triple digit speeds
-Evident cost cutting in some parts. The interior plastic and switch quality is no where near cars like Polo, Fabia.
-Turbo lag is quite evident (much more than the Polo 1.2 Tsi)
-Engine feels strained in high revs
-Does not feel like a 120hp car. (Polo GT 1.2 Tsi will run circles around it)

Some images

Microsoft Sync branding
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-_dsm7528.jpg

Bug/wind deflector (freebie)
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-bugdeflector.jpg

The Cabin (a bit too many buttons)
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-cabin.jpg

Instrument cluster
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-instrument.jpg

The spare wheel cover(did not like the macho looks without it)
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wheelcover.jpg

Side profile
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-sideprofile.jpg

Seat covers
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-seats.jpg

Scuff Plates (poor quality/non illuminated)
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-scuff.jpg

Phone integration
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-phone.jpg

Start/Stop button
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-power.jpg

Centre console, close up
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-console.jpg

Heart of the matter
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecoboost.jpg

The key fob has a key inside
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-keyopen.jpg

Engine bay (lots of empty space due to the puny size of the block)
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-engine.jpg

Side running board (don't know why I got this)
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-runningboard.jpg

Probably some of the best pics of the car I've seen so far, thanks robimahanta!

Here is the document holder and perfume they were telling about
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-doc-holder.jpg

Yesterday my car went for the first service .
No oil change .
No costs involved .
Fixed the door scuff plates
Rs 1630 - including the taxes and labour.

I'm guessing, with that kind of mileage, you drive a lot on highways. How is the performance of the car? Any rattles, niggles etc ?[/quote]

Yes , I did drive a lot on the highways in the initial period.

About the rattles - there was a faint one - heard during night time - from the left door - which they fixed during the first service yesterday.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Have started seeing quite a few EcoSports on the road in Chennai (and Kerala) and the car looks much better (and bigger) in metal than in the pics. Especially the rear-view is quite butch with the spare-wheel mounted on tailgate. Not a big fan of the frontal looks which is inline with the looks of the Figo/new-Fiesta, but overall a good job by Ford in providing competition to the Duster.

Quote:

Originally Posted by robimahanta (Post 3190698)
Received the Ecosport Ecoboost Titanium a few days back.

Some images

Simply superb photography and it gives a new meaning to ecosport totally. Loved the photos as well as the review. Photos!!! Keep them coming,boss

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitish.h (Post 3190526)
Oops. That sounds quite long for not having received the booking number. But the delivery period seems quite okay. :)

Got the booking number yesterday. It's 166. Yes, the delivery date looks promising.

The spare wheel cover(did not like the macho looks without it)
Attachment 1117110

Congrats on your Ecosport mate, and nice crisp photos. BTW, is that the correct registration number? I have never seen a 0000 registration, atleast here in Tamilnadu, the registration starts with 0001.

Quote:

Originally Posted by robimahanta (Post 3190698)
Received the Ecosport Ecoboost Titanium a few days back.

Instrument cluster
Attachment 1117109

Fabulous pics Robi!!! Just a concern running in my head after seeing the avg instantaneous fuel reading as 6 kmpl. Was that after a spirited run or some sedate driving (considering its a new car)?

Guwahati seems pretty hot at 35 deg even this time of the year.

Also are the seat covers art leather or fabric? If fabric, they look smashing. Looks like you got the MRFs. How are they with respect to grip and noise levels?

Keep us updated on the Boost occasionally.

Cheers