Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-206.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zteg (Post 3194775)
congrats sup?. At what time did you take delivery. I was at Elite at around 5:30PM. So dod you receive all that you were supposed to or are there pending items. I still have a long list of items pending.

Do let me know if you find anything new (tips and tricks) in your ecosport :D. Enjoy your ride and drive safe.

Thanks zteg! This pic was taken at around 5.30. Looks like we might have been around at the same time. What are the pending items that you did not get?

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 3194732)
@ES Rules - are you sure about the prices you have quoted ? You seem to have quoted about #2 at about 10 times the price. And a spare wheel cover for 10k ?

Yes I am sure, please check out the price list in my initial ownership review

Quote:

Originally Posted by sup? (Post 3194750)
Took delivery of my Trend Diesel yesterday! I guess one this is the only advantage of not being able to afford the top trim :D.

Went to Rasta Cafe on Mysore road for a long drive at midnight. I kept the revs below 2k
. Made me smile a lot. Later in the day, at Rasta cafe, people started queuing up to take a look at the interiors of the car!

Congrats on your new ride mate, your love for the car will increase as days pass by.It happened to me to.Good to see that you have decided to maintain below 2k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mik (Post 3194777)
On Topic: I am spotting a lot of EcoSports in gurgaon nowadays. One interesting thing i noticed - Generally SUV owners in my side of Gurgaon tend to be the local thug/property dealer/land owner. All of them love their Pajero/Fortuners and even Dusters. But none of the EcoSport owners I saw have been their type. Maybe it doesn't appeal to them as an SUV at all :D

Very true, I always inavariably see only thugs, propertydealers, land owners and politicians riding dusters especially with bull bars and what not, which was one of the reasons for me to decide against it.

I did not want to hurt the feelings of any one who owned Duster so did not mention this in my initial ownership review about my ecosport.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mik (Post 3194777)
Congratulations! Enjoy the attention. The car looks more than a million bucks and costs less than it.
I remember the feeling when on seeing my pulsar 220 (way back in 2007 when it was a rarity) a seriously misinformed kid in the colony shouted "Haayabusaaaa"
On Topic: I am spotting a lot of EcoSports in gurgaon nowadays. One interesting thing i noticed - Generally SUV owners in my side of Gurgaon tend to be the local thug/property dealer/land owner. All of them love their Pajero/Fortuners and even Dusters. But none of the EcoSport owners I saw have been their type. Maybe it doesn't appeal to them as an SUV at all :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3194842)
Congrats on your new ride mate, your love for the car will increase as days pass by.It happened to me to.Good to see that you have decided to maintain below 2k.

Thanks people! My friends can't stop drooling over the car! And I can't stop being smug when they utter all those superlatives or when random people on the road accelerate/turn their heads to take a peek at it though for those head turners I would like to say, keep your eyes on the road guys:D. It is hard not to feel the pride of being one of the first owners of this awesome sauce car!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sup? (Post 3194781)
Thanks zteg! This pic was taken at around 5.30. Looks like we might have been around at the same time. What are the pending items that you did not get?

I was around at the same time. I still havent got the registration challan yet.
Just got the extended warranty and RSA documents yesterday.
Other pending items are keychain, idol, scuff fitment, hand rest cover etc etc.
Going today evening again to collect the challan

Quote:

Originally Posted by sup? (Post 3194750)
1. I have not driven the Duster, but if this is not a magic carpet ride, then I wonder how good the Duster is. ( I am coming from a Wagon R though stupid:)
2. I am not sure if this is because of a conscious effort on my part to keep the revs down, but I felt the acceleration in 3rd and 4th gears was not great. I got the feeling I would have to slam the right foot down to get good acceleration but I did not because that is just not how I drive and not just because it is in the run-in period.
3. Head turning magic:!

Congrats @sup?

You will definitely enjoy the Diesel to the core for obvious reasons.

Regarding your observation on the ride, let me quote ACI's review comments-

Quote:

The diesel is sprung rather stiffly to compensate for the weight of the heavier engine. This results in sharp edges and bigger bumps thumping through uncomfortably. The front suspension just doesn’t seem to have enough travel to isolate passengers. Also on the diesel, there’s a bit more pitching, especially at the rear, as you go over long-wave undulations. This isn’t particularly uncomfortable, but it reminds you that the EcoSport, with its small wheelbase, doesn’t tackle rough roads like a full size SUV.
On your comment on the acceleration in the 3rd & 4th gears, I guess the flat torque curve of the Ford mill is to blame, but it surely makes it easy to drive in traffic. I hope you are not bothered by the turbo lag under 2000 rpm. ACI's comments-

Quote:

The 20.8kgm gives it adequate grunt and you rarely find it underpowered. The motor is quite responsive and tractable too, but there’s a wee bit of turbo lag below 2,000rpm and the tall gearing blunts responsiveness to some extent. Power delivery is largely linear and there’s no sudden surge when the turbo kicks in, which makes the EcoSport easy to drive in traffic.
Head Turner... sure it is. My father, who is not an enthusiast, & in fact, not interested in cars, except being driven around in one, is smitten by the car & has promised to learn car driving to be able to drive this :cool:.

Link to ACI's review for your perusal:

http://www.autocarindia.com/Review/3...t-drive.aspx/1

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 3194732)
@ES Rules - are you sure about the prices you have quoted ? You seem to have quoted about #2 at about 10 times the price. And a spare wheel cover for 10k ?

The spare wheel cover is indeed 11000 - painting cost extra
I have bought the scuff plates (ordinary ) for 1630 (including tax)
The accessories are expensive - The side running board( ? )they were quoting Rs 25000/-
The scuff plates are the only accessories i bought.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARDEEP (Post 3195133)
Regarding your observation on the ride, let me quote ACI's review comments-

On your comment on the acceleration in the 3rd & 4th gears, I guess the flat torque curve of the Ford mill is to blame, but it surely makes it easy to drive in traffic. I hope you are not bothered by the turbo lag under 2000 rpm. ACI's comments-

Head Turner... sure it is. My father, who is not an enthusiast, & in fact, not interested in cars, except being driven around in one, is smitten by the car & has promised to learn car driving to be able to drive this :cool:.

Thanks @Cardeep. I actually did like the ride a lot. May be a tad stiff but still great! What I meant was if the Ecosport, which many experts say suffers in comparison to the Duster when it comes to ride quality itself is so good, the Duster must be so much more awesome!

Regarding the acceleration, I can understand it considering the weight of the car! I think opening and closing the doors 10 times everyday is going to help me build enough muscles to start smoking Forehands like Federer very soon :D.

Ford seems to have tuned this diesel mill exclusively for mileage. I cannot be 100% accurate but by my calculations, I must have got at least 25KMPL on my drive to Mysore road yesterdayclap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sup? (Post 3195191)
Thanks @Cardeep. I actually did like the ride a lot. May be a tad stiff but still great! What I meant was if the Ecosport, which many experts say suffers in comparison to the Duster when it comes to ride quality itself is so good, the Duster must be so much more awesome!

Magic carpet ride can have its limitations. I have already quoted in this forum a friend/ client of my bank brother, who changed from Duster to Ecosports, & confirmed that the latter rides better on speeds north of 90 kmph.

Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARDEEP (Post 3195198)
Magic carpet ride can have its limitations. I have already quoted in this forum a friend/ client of my bank brother, who changed from Duster to Ecosports, & confirmed that the latter rides better on speeds north of 90 kmph.
Hope this helps.

May be I will realize it when I hit speeds of above 90. I have so far maintained a sedate 70 to keep it revving at 2k maximum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sup? (Post 3195191)
Regarding the acceleration, I can understand it considering the weight of the car! I think opening and closing the doors 10 times everyday is going to help me build enough muscles to start smoking Forehands like Federer very soon .

The doors are indeed heavy. It is going to be very tough opening the door for the elderly. My in-laws had a tough time pushing the door open from inside.
Also the door needs to be pushed/pulled hard to be shut properly.

Congratulations sup! Looking forward to more pics and thoughts on the vehicle when you get a chance and have clocked some more mileage.

After a lot of time waiting for EcoSport, I finally cancelled my booking of 1.5 AT today. I had pre-booked the car sometime back in June, but Ford is unable to commit a delivery date for 1.5AT. They have no clue about this car on anything. This looks like a paper launch and Ford has done a disservice to its customer base in advertising false launches. No one has ever seen an 1.5 EcoSport (at least in Bangalore), and the AT version as well. I refused to be treated like this by Ford and cancelled the booking without a second thought. Thanks to the EcoSport community on T-BHP on keeping us posted on everything on this car. All the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsdbsd (Post 3195347)
After a lot of time waiting for EcoSport, I finally cancelled my booking of 1.5 AT today. I had pre-booked the car sometime back in June, but Ford is unable to commit a delivery date for 1.5AT. They have no clue about this car on anything. This looks like a paper launch and Ford has done a disservice to its customer base in advertising false launches. No one has ever seen an 1.5 EcoSport (at least in Bangalore), and the AT version as well. I refused to be treated like this by Ford and cancelled the booking without a second thought. Thanks to the EcoSport community on T-BHP on keeping us posted on everything on this car. All the best.

Wake up... Any one from Ford India reading this..... Wake up guys. I am also contemplating a cancelation and going for a Scorpio... Not much option there but at least unsurerity is not there.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.......like.......this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsdbsd (Post 3195347)

The AT has been launched, and the SA at Lathangi admitted that they already delivered a AT, while I think the number is 4. If you know anybody influential or have some premium to pay, you can get one any time. If you are a regular citizen, you gotta wait, or buy something else. I would have shifted to the Polo GT without a moment's hesitation, had we not fallen for the Ecosport's looks.

Test drove the diesel vehicle on Saturday and loved it. I had visited Sequel Ford in Nagpur and they did not have the petrol variant for TD. I was told that the car was slightly damaged during a test drive and has gone for body work. The diesel clutch seemed a bit hard to me but am not sure if this was car-specific problem or diesel variant specific problem. The salesguy suggested that rough use during TD by previous customers must have caused it.

I was also told that the AT variant, which is my favourite, won't be available till December. The OTR price for AT in Nagpur city is Rs 10.02 L including the new local body tax (LBT).