Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-210.html)

No surprised by Duster numbers, I see it dropping even lower to around 1000 untill Renault acts. Ecosport is a perfectly sensible car at its price, paying 2-3 lakhs more will give rise to second thoughts and seed doubt in all but the most hardcore Duster fans or those who don't like the Ecosport.

Even on the roads the Duster doesn't look like a 13-15 lakhs car and the lower versions ask for a lot and deliver little, the Duster was designed to be cheap and cheerful, can't expect it to be what its not.

Renault have put themselves in a spot by their very high pricing, Duster IMHO should be 9-12 lakhs tops, that's where it makes sense. Now for Renault to give discounts or offer freebies to the tune of 2-3 lakhs will be tough. They should have anticipated competition and thought long term to build a healthy business.

Even on the roads the Duster doesn't look like a 13-15 lakhs car and the lower versions ask for a lot and deliver little, the Duster was designed to be cheap and cheerful, can't expect it to be what its not.

Renault have put themselves in a spot by their very high pricing, Duster IMHO should be 9-12 lakhs tops, that's where it makes sense.[/quote]

In fact you pay almost 1 lakh extra for a duster just because it's longer than 4m.
(12% excess excise duty - if I am not mistaken)

That's where the ecosport scores. The one in Brazil is 4.241 m . Ford it seems has cut it short to avail excise duty benefits (and rightly so..)

And I am not going to complain about a small boot at all :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojoinassi (Post 3197490)

In fact you pay almost 1 lakh extra for a duster just because it's longer than 4m.
(12% excess excise duty - if I am not mistaken)

That's where the ecosport scores. The one in Brazil is 4.241 m . Ford it seems has cut it short to avail excise duty benefits (and rightly so..)

And I am not going to complain about a small boot at all :)

I think the Ecosport in Brazil,India and even China all are of same length.
The Length 4241 mm you are mentioning includes the rear wheel.
The Indian Version is also 4241mm in length including the rear tire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 3197630)
I think the Ecosport in Brazil,India and even China all are of same length.
The Length 4241 mm you are mentioning includes the rear wheel.
The Indian Version is also 4241mm in length including the rear tire.

Actually if you read our review you will see that the length was more than 4m but for India the front bumper was redesigned to be within 4m. The bumper's pushed in compared to the China version.

Must say that I am disappointed by the news/ updates following the launch. You sell around 11,500 vehicles from India in July 2013 and allocate only 7700 or so for buyers in India. This when you receive record bookings for your car and people are getting frustrated with the waiting periods. With Rupee consistently depreciating, I expect Ford to export even more.

To people like me who pre-book their vehicles (22 June) and are promised deliveries within 50 days, they say it might take even longer (September now). How I wish I find a used and clean Yeti and I will jump the queue with no more thoughts.

If someone at Ford reads this, please get the message. please:

The one thing that seriously bothers me, is that instead of fulfilling the local demand, Ford has started exporting the Ecosport.
Renault for that matter, started exporting their Duster only after 6 months of production in India. (Source -Motorbeam)

I have booked an Ecosport and wouldn't the export affect my waiting time which is too much in the first place?

Yes bro the same bothers me too...
I too have booked a Ecoboost Titanium almost fifteen days back and promised a delivery somewhere in December :-(
I also won't mind jumping to a used yeti or duster if found in good condition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshuchadha (Post 3197685)
Must say that I am disappointed by the news/ updates following the launch. You sell around 11,500 vehicles from India in July 2013 and allocate only 7700 or so for buyers in India. This when you receive record bookings for your car and people are getting frustrated with the waiting periods. With Rupee consistently depreciating, I expect Ford to export even more.

One can expect Figo, Fiesta Classic, Fiesta, Endeavour combined domestic sales contribution to be anything between 3,500 - 4,000 vehicles in this number which implies that around 4,000 Ecosports have been shipped this month. This number is on the lower side which probably has been caused to a certain extent due to the Glow plug recall issue and supply chain constraints.

Assuming that Ford is able to increase the Ecosport production by 1,000 vehicles every subsequent month from now on till they reach their target of 7,000 vehicles shipped domestically as well as additional 4,000 Ecosports booked every month, it is clear that it would take Ford would take an year to clear the backlog unless some other serious competition offering appears in the marketplace and Ford dealers would continue to call the shots and carry on their unfair practices. :Frustrati

I got a call from Ford HQ at Chennai in response to my e-mail regarding cancellation request pending with the dealer. They assured speedy refund. On my question about 1.5 AT deliveries, I was told that it is six months away as there is delay from Ford. I have started looking for an alternative - can I get good used Jetta or Laura automatic for approximately INR 10 lakhs? Insights from fellow forum members would be much appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshuchadha (Post 3197685)

To people like me who pre-book their vehicles (22 June) and are promised deliveries within 50 days, they say it might take even longer (September now). How I wish I find a used and clean Yeti and I will jump the queue with no more thoughts.

If someone at Ford reads this, please get the message. please:

No one would care about it. This is the sorry state in which India is :)

Govt has to step in and say that Only when domestic demand is saturated, then only would export be allowed. They must say something like a max of 45 days waiting period is allowed, else Ford must pay compensation to customer for each day delay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scopriobharath (Post 3197902)

Govt has to step in and say that Only when domestic demand is saturated, then only would export be allowed. They must say something like a max of 45 days waiting period is allowed, else Ford must pay compensation to customer for each day delay.

Government is desperate to earn some foreign exchange and trying to prop up the rupee. At this moment government cannot stop anyone who is earning dollars for them.:)

The problem is with the Indian market is that we don't have many fresh models available at decent price tag, in the past we have seen massive backlog for Swift, Dzire, XUV, Scoprio, Amaze etc..so we cannot just blame Ford for this unprecedented demand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scopriobharath (Post 3197902)

This is hilarious. Do we really want the Government to step in and order compensation to consumers for delayed delivery? Considering how the auto-industry is doing now-a-days, will this decision revive this sector to spur economical growth, or ensure safety on the roads, or reduce emissions to ensure a greener tomorrow? Would that help increase exports or drive foreign investments, which are very necessary to stabilize the currency? Where should Government's priorities be?

Agreed it might be a tiny step forward in protection of consumer rights, but doesn't Government have bigger fish to fry? 1.42 lac traffic-related deaths were reported in India last year.

Leave the Government alone - after all, it represents us. Let's look at ourselves! We drive like the boot of our car is on fire (it probably is, because smoke and soot bellows from our exhausts). We don't wear seat-belts or helmets, and of-course, we pay for amps with cross-overs and sub-woofers and seat-back entertainment for the inside, chrome bezels, alloys, low-profile tyres for the outside, but don't want to pay for ABS or airbags or child-safety seats. We never use low-beam and we don't let a pedestrian cross the road in front of us without making him regret his action.

I'm not trying to make any personal remark here, I'm only urging the fellow members of the community to step back and look at the bigger picture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeKay (Post 3197700)

I have booked an Ecosport and wouldn't the export affect my waiting time which is too much in the first place?

Good news regarding deliveries.
I spoke to the CEO of Mody Ford, hyderabad and they have a sure information that the production capabilities have significantly increased hence the wait periods will be revised from next month.So guys lets be little more patient.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3197640)
Actually if you read our review you will see that the length was more than 4m but for India the front bumper was redesigned to be within 4m. The bumper's pushed in compared to the China version.

I have personally experienced the vehicle in china, it is longer than the Indian version .

As Vidyut has rightly said the bumper is bigger in the chinese version than the Indian version.

1.Rear leg space is definitely bigger even with the front seats pushed all the way back.
2.I am not sure about the boot space.

Here's the new fuel average data
This one is from REAL life driving conditions
60 % long drives and the rest inside the city
506 km - 24.01 litres of fuel -tank to tank -that is 21.07 km/L

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojoinassi (Post 3198070)
Here's the new fuel average data
This one is from REAL life driving conditions
60 % long drives and the rest inside the city
506 km - 24.01 litres of fuel -tank to tank -that is 21.07 km/L

Thats really phenominal I got a tank to tank average of 17Kmpl, even after lightfooted driving.
Congrats seems like yours will be most fuel efficient SUVclap:

BTW say it on motoroids, Hebasto has retero fitted sunroof for ecosport.