Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-399.html)

I originally booked Ecoboost 1L Titanium (O) in June'12. I checked with Ford regarding the delivery status and they said that there are no plans to continue manufacturing Petrol Ecoboost 1L models atleast till next year and I can get the car only (if the I get the car) by December 2014.
This means that I have to go for a 1.5L P/D non ecoboost model. My idea of going for this car was Ecoboost engine but as I still like the car, what do you guys think ? should I go for 1.5 D/P if its available ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ved (Post 3324140)
I originally booked Ecoboost 1L Titanium (O) in June'12. I checked with Ford regarding the delivery status and they said that there are no plans to continue manufacturing Petrol Ecoboost 1L models atleast till next year and I can get the car only (if the I get the car) by December 2014.

If you like the car at the heart and want to wait furthermore (even if they hike price once more), you can stay tight with fingers crossed.

On the other note, I felt cheated by the company, having booked it right after the release, only to absorb two massive price hikes worth a net of ~1lakh INR.:deadhorse I don't feel it any VFM further and hence cancelled my booking.
P.S: Iam not calling you to cancel the booking, just sharing my experience with the Ford.

Quote:

This means that I have to go for a 1.5L P/D non ecoboost model. My idea of going for this car was Ecoboost engine but as I still like the car, what do you guys think ? should I go for 1.5 D/P if its available ?

Shocking, makes no sense?! I wanted to book ecosport 1.5P manual from day one but they are still not accepting bookings as they want to push Ecoboost! This is in Mumbai.

Why would they stop manufacturing ecoboost version? I think these are just stories made up by the company & dealer to cover up for the fact that they are preferring to use their capacity for exports rather than domestic consumption as that is far more profitable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pferdestarke (Post 3324210)
only to absorb two massive price hikes worth a net of ~1lakh INR.:deadhorse I don't feel it any VFM further and hence cancelled my booking..

Two price hikes? How much price has increased after the two hikes of the top end diesel?

I am a happy owner of a black Ecosport ambiente from 3 months and want to give my feed back till now. The car`s AC rocks because anybody who is in Vijayawada will know with temperature in high 40s and 90% humidity. Only Fiat punto betters this which was my previous car. As of now getting 14 kmpl in city and 19 on highway but will update once more kms are done.Some photos of my ride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pferdestarke (Post 3323972)
After waiting for an exhaustive 4 months with lots of patience, was informed by my dealer that I would get the delivery only after price hike. I don't want to spend ~1lakh extra for no fault of mine hence cancelled my booking. Got some astounding deals on vento and rapid and I'm much impressed with these European machines. So it's bye bye Ford for me!

Just my suggestion-instead of buying end of life models like Vento and rapid I suggest you wait for the auto show 2014 to make up your mind.You will have lot more options.

Quote:

Originally Posted by niks_devil666 (Post 3324226)
Two price hikes? How much price has increased after the two hikes of the top end diesel?

Approximately a lakh of rupees.

Quote:

:Frustrati
Please clarify with other Ford dealers and the company as well. Sometimes the dealers have a habit of spreading false information

Quote:

Even I doubt the availability of 1.5P soon. Your chances are more with 1.5D.

Guys when did the second hike happen and by what percentage?

Quote:

Originally Posted by niks_devil666 (Post 3324226)
Two price hikes?

Second one is about to hit right after the new years eve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by damodar (Post 3324236)
The car`s AC rocks because anybody who is in Vijayawada will know with temperature in high 40s and 90% humidity.

Good to know that you're from Vijayawada. And congrats on your black panther. Looks good. Can you share your booking details and dealership experience.
Wish you millions of miles on that ride!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3324237)

Just my suggestion-instead of buying end of life models like Vento and rapid I suggest you wait for the auto show 2014 to make up your mind.

Thanks for your valuable suggestion doc. Iam considering the MY14 Skoda rapid as it is a tad fresh looker compared to the outgoing rapid and is upgraded in terms of equipment too( projectors, steering mounted controls, etc.) I wish I could wait till the 2014 autoshow, but to my ill luck I'm left with no option as I've sold off my car around 15days back and I desperately need one now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilg33 (Post 3324249)

This one is about to happen in January 1st week and I heard that this one is gonna hit much harder than the previous hike!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pferdestarke (Post 3324269)
Good to know that you're from Vijayawada. And congrats on your black panther. Looks good. Can you share your booking details and dealership experience.
Wish you millions of miles on that ride!

Thanks for your compliment.I prebooked the car in May but i had to wait for the right varient and color.Dealership experience was ok at the time of delivery. All the accessories were fitted by their mechanics in a very professional manner that means they were trained well in advance before the vehicle launch.

ANCAP has rated the EcoSport as 5-Star in safety rating... a departure from ENCAP where it scored 4-stars, due to discrepancies between the testing methods of Euro-NCAP & ANCAP.

Link to ANCAP test report of EcoSport:

http://www.ancap.com.au/crashtestrecord?Id=558

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilg33 (Post 3324249)
Even I doubt the availability of 1.5P soon. Your chances are more with 1.5D.

I wanted to know if the Diesel engine is worth the wait. There are many Team-BHP members who opted for 1.5 D - I wanted their opinion of the engine and the VFM of the car in Diesel avatar.

Hi. I am soon going to take the delivery of my new car Ford EcoSport Titanium (O). I initially ordered a Mars Red but since they have white available and have taken my four months already, I agreed to it. I am dealing with Rama Motor Services Private Limited, Safdurjung Enclave, New Delhi and I got my loan sanctioned by SBI. My registration will be from Gurgaon, and I am handling the registration part as I know someone in RTO. Tomorrow I should be going for my car’s PDI. Though I have read the PDI checklist available on Team BHP thoroughly, but if there is anything that is amiss and I should know out of anybody’s personal experience, please drop me a line.

Also, I have been struggling to get a good GPS vehicle tracking system but unfortunately Ford only has options of Amsaki and Autocop and I am not convinced with either. Ideally I would want to get Technopurple GPS tracking system but then the warranty coverage by the Ford will stand null and void the moment Technopurple people do the wiring and connecting of the GPS tracking system to the battery, since they does not have a tie-up with Ford and thus it will not be guaranteed.
Lastly, is the optional extension of the warranty to 3 or years worth now or can I do it later ?

Lot of questions, i know. But thank you !

Quote:

Originally Posted by ved (Post 3324943)

I wanted to know if the Diesel engine is worth the wait. There are many Team-BHP members who opted for 1.5 D - I wanted their opinion of the engine and the VFM of the car in Diesel avatar.

I have found the engine just adequate on power, NVH is well controlled and turbo spooling is linear. Most of the other members are also of the same opinion. There are quite a few ownership reviews for the Tdci if you search around including mine.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tle-beast.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by ved (Post 3324943)

The diesel engine in Ecosport is not like other free revving engines like Fiat MJD or the Renault K9k. It's power is more in lower rpm range so found the engine enjoyable when driven in a relaxed manner rather than being pushed hard. Overall it's a better engine when used on highways rather than in city bumper to bumper traffic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by damodar (Post 3325073)

The diesel engine in Ecosport is not like other free revving engines like Fiat MJD or the Renault K9k. It's power is more in lower rpm range so found the engine enjoyable when driven in a relaxed manner rather than being pushed hard. Overall it's a better engine when used on highways rather than in city bumper to bumper traffic.

:Confused: You said the low end response is better, but then go on to state that it is better for highways.
Don't the two contradict each other?