Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-146.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dockap (Post 3469954)
Hey guys, in my new Honda city idtec both the headlamps are misting over from inside when it rains. Is this normal or should i ask for replacement?

Not normal at all buddy. The sealing process that is used during the manufacturing has not been done properly to prevent condensation etc. Just go to the ASC and get the replacement ASAP.

Anurag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dockap (Post 3469954)
Hey guys, in my new Honda city idtec both the headlamps are misting over from inside when it rains. Is this normal or should i ask for replacement?

Same thing happened with me during the delivery process of my Empress. I noticed quite a bit of misting/fogging inside the right (driver-side) headlamp when Empress's headlamps were on after her wash, during the delivery process. I promptly called up the dealership's workshop manager and showed it to him, and they replaced the headlamp assembly with a new one. He said they would ask for a replacement from the company.

Check the part in Bold in my post here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3399929

Now, Empress has a newer RHS headlamp and a slightly-older LHS headlamp. Difference can be seen here-

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140406_100219.gif

Ok not sure if this has been mentioned before but nevertheless a cool trick - For the City's with Automatic AC's slide your finger from the Red arrow(arrow for raising the temperature) downwards towards the Blue arrow(arrow for reducing the temperature) in one quick action and the temperature would be set to "Lo" and doing it vice versa would set it to "Hi".

Quote:

Originally Posted by malgudi (Post 3470330)
Ok not sure if this has been mentioned before but nevertheless a cool trick - For the City's with Automatic AC's slide your finger from the Red arrow(arrow for raising the temperature) downwards towards the Blue arrow(arrow for reducing the temperature) in one quick action and the temperature would be set to "Lo" and doing it vice versa would set it to "Hi".

I guess you mean to do the 'Pinch and Zoom' type movement?! (The same way we zoom into pictures on our mobile screens).

Anurag.

no not like pinch and zoom type. For increasing temperature you press the red arrow mark with a finger. Now instead of lifting the finger just slide it down till it touches the blue arrow mark (which you would have pressed for reducing the temperature).
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-newhondacity10.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by malgudi (Post 3470354)
no not like pinch and zoom type. For increasing temperature you press the red arrow mark with a finger. Now instead of lifting the finger just slide it down till it touches the blue arrow mark (which you would have pressed for reducing the temperature).

That's quite cool if it works.

Forgot to ask. Yesterday when I was in showroom there was a June batch city diesel getting ready for the delivery. I asked the SA to fire up the engine just to check the noise level inside. Music system was off and still there was very less engine noise inside. It was quite different from the TD car. Has Honda done something to reduce engine noise in new batches. Can anyone confirm this?

The engine was always quite refined at idle or below 2000 rpm.
You have to rev the engine to check NVH.

Guess Honda Citys are selling like Alcohol in Kerala on Oct. 1... After a 4 month waiting period, I get my car's details. And guess what, Manufacturing Date of June 2014 on a July delivery car! :eek:

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-chassis-no-check.jpg

Thats some good news from Harry. I would request recent owners like harpreet to comment on the cars from June that they took delivery recently.Guys please help us know if there is any noticeable noise level reduction in the latest batch.
Also I would request people to comment on the hissing sound from the idler / belt , some of them might have already got these parts replaced and I would request you to post your feedback. Somehow that discussion ended without a proper conclusion.

cheers,
pdma.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3470399)
That's quite cool if it works.

Forgot to ask. Yesterday when I was in showroom there was a June batch city diesel getting ready for the delivery. I asked the SA to fire up the engine just to check the noise level inside. Music system was off and still there was very less engine noise inside. It was quite different from the TD car. Has Honda done something to reduce engine noise in new batches. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes , Like i've said a number of times in this thread , the noise levels are dramatically lower than that of the TD car , and in day to day usage the engine noise won't be bothersome at all and it even feels quieter than my Cruze which is noticeably louder at lower RPMs (its 50k Kms old anyways and i don't remember exactly if its been like this since the beginning or not) , this holds true till about 2500-3000 rpm , after that the engine starts sounding bad and feels coarse , there's no point revving beyond 3500 rpm anyways because there is very little progress after that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by malgudi (Post 3470330)

GTO covered this point in his official review.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3322006)
Party trick: Swipe to max out / minimise blower and temperature settings. Downside? You need to take your eyes off the road to change any setting:

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishnadevjs (Post 3470649)
Guess Honda Citys are selling like Alcohol in Kerala on Oct. 1... After a 4 month waiting period, I get my car's details. And guess what, Manufacturing Date of June 2014 on a July delivery car! :eek:

Attachment 1257615

Where do you check this information? I never got any such detail before the delivery of my car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aditto (Post 3470745)
Where do you check this information? I never got any such detail before the delivery of my car.

The Invoice of the Car has the Chassis no/VIN. The same will be imprinted on your car as well.

You can then just search online for any VIN Decoder Site, enter the code and get the details. :)

This information can be obtained using your VIN(Vehicle Identification Number). See this post for details

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3423960

Quote:

Originally Posted by aditto (Post 3470745)

You can get any Vin details from here http://www.myvehicledetails.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishnadevjs (Post 3470772)
The Invoice of the Car has the Chassis no/VIN. The same will be imprinted on your car as well.

You can then just search online for any VIN Decoder Site, enter the code and get the details. :)

Ah thanks. I know about Vin buy didn't know about that website. Thanks. Also I never received any Vin number on booking or full payment. Only got it along with the car :) so I got a June manufactured CVT (1898 seq number) delivered on June 3rd. It was booked on June 14th so I consider that quick