Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-149.html)

Anyone facing rain water leakage issues in their new City? Shockingly I know 2 people having this issue in Mumbai purchased at different times from different dealers. Im stressed out about my SV now :(

Anybody able to get any 3D mats of good quality for the new City? I am tired of looking for one and contacting Maxpider people. Nobody seems to have it.

Also, please suggest a headlight upgrade. I am finding the stock lights to be very poor. How will the Osram Night Breaker Plus 4200K do?

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepakv (Post 3474932)
Anyone facing rain water leakage issues in their new City? Shockingly I know 2 people having this issue in Mumbai purchased at different times from different dealers. Im stressed out about my SV now :(

None so far , i guess rain water leakage is becoming a common problem in Mumbai these days. stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dockap (Post 3474384)
Changed the 175/65/15 Michillin XM1 to Michillin Primacy ST3 paid Rs 12800/- extra after exchange for 4 tyres

Don't mean to mar your celebrations of the new car but that's a very hefty sum paid for an exchange of Michelin XM1.:Shockked:

I had Michelin XM1 as stock on my City and changed it to Michelin XM2 195/60 and paid a total of 7750 Rs. for 5 Tyres. Isn't Primacy 3ST supposed to be just about 300-400 Rs. higher than the XM2.

Or is Primacy 3ST & ST3 any different?

Or did you get it changed from the Honda Dealer itself which made the price go this high?

Now that you have changed it, I am not sure anything can be done about it, but yes do go and talk to the Tyre dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3475172)
Don't mean to mar your celebrations of the new car but that's a very hefty sum paid for an exchange of Michelin XM1.:Shockked:

True. I guess i over paid by Rs 3 k

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepakv (Post 3474932)
Anyone facing rain water leakage issues in their new City?

My car was changed at the last minute by the showroom because the car which was initially allotted to me had water seepage damage in 1 door and the floor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3474435)
Can you tell me the source for the following

The chrome handle covers and Illuminated scuff plates from ebay

http://www.ebay.in/itm/261504592028?...84.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.in/itm/321390607484?...84.m1497.l2649

The 3D mats from local accessory shop

The headlights are indeed poor in rains. I missed a pothole last night and got my bridgestone side wall torn. The car is just a day old. The alloys got bend too 😢. Sheer bad luck I guess. Btw I was getting 3st for 8600 in exchange of the bridge stones earlier.

That must've been a real car wrecker of a pothole, fastraj, to have bent your alloys and torn your sidewall. The right tyre pressures help can be a saviour in such situations, but then you'd like to believe that shouldn't be required for a car that you had taken delivery of just a day earlier.

Got the revised proforma today. VX IDTEC ex showroom cost has gone up by 6500. With registration the total has gone up by 8.5k nearly.

Fastraj- sorry to hear that.

Are the bridgestones that bad for this car that it would cause a side wall tear. What about stock headlights? Others please comment on the visibility in rain.

Hi dockap, did you buy them off ebay and get the honda guys to fit the scuff plates? Those are lighted, so I would imagine some power and on/off kind of wiring would be required right?

Any accessories shop would do that for you. The illuminated scuff plates are usually connected to the cabin light so they would turn on and dim when you unlock/lock the car using the keyfob.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mav2000 (Post 3476469)
Hi dockap, did you buy them off ebay and get the honda guys to fit the scuff plates? Those are lighted, so I would imagine some power and on/off kind of wiring would be required right?

Rightly said by gannu. Plus they look a little dim cos I guess pic was taken in daytime. It's an easy DIY via connection with dome light. Have already got them. Will see how they perform after installation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vahanam (Post 3476460)
What about stock headlights? Others please comment on the visibility in rain.

Stock head lights are very poor. I am definitely looking for a suitable upgrade without modifications.

Did anybody in Bangalore get to do a test drive of the CVT ?
If so, with which dealer ?

The sales guy at Dakshin Honda says there is no CVT test drive vehicle with them. He also says that none of the Bangalore dealers have one. Got similar response at Whitefield Honda. Any info will be appreciated !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dockap (Post 3471714)
My wife's new City IDtec

Congrats Dockap!! Good buy. Thumbs up on your choice of Accesories. They go very well with the car. I had a quick question. Were all the accessories you listed were purchased online ? Whom did you get them fixed with? I am from Mangalore too and was planning on booking one soon. Hence need some pointers.

Thanks in advance and congrats once again !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick145 (Post 3476508)
Stock head lights are very poor. I am definitely looking for a suitable upgrade without modifications.

Too many people are complaining the same thing. Disappointing for a new car. I guess a bulb change will make a difference. Has anyone done so till now?