Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2015, 21:36   #3721

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post
Congrats Nikhil on your purchase!

When I booked my SV CVT, I went for the Blaupunkt HU (Sandiego 530) which was a dealer fitment for 33k. The dealer threatened losing warranty if I did the install outside and you can get the same HU for 7 to 8k cheaper if done outside. However my experience with the Blaunpunk HU has been very average: The interface is very bad (you have to double tap - similar to double click in windows to open files). The MapMyIndia navigation works, but nowhere near Google maps - to the extent I have stopped using it unless really required. Typing an address on this HU is a chore and you need a good full 1-2 minutes for this activity. I also sometimes look up a point of interest using Google maps and then have to input the data in the HU in a way that it understands. The interface is resistive (not capacitive) and so touch response is like 5 to 6 years old!

My suggestion is to give the stock HU a try for a while and then swap it if you are still unsatisfied with it. I have no idea about Caska, but if your dealer is ok with you getting HU outside, look for aftermarket options. You will also be required to buy a fascia to fit a 2 Din HU to the existing dashboard

When I tried upgrading my stock speaker, every accessory shop recommended that I should have gone for a Pioneer or Kenwood HU to get maximum bang for my buck
Thanks KRN,

Sorry to hear about your experience with the Sandiego 530. The resistive touchscreen is a shame. I didn't know that a Blaupunkt HU can be this bad. I have convinced my dealer that Plug and play HU's from outside will not void warranty. Pioneer/Kenwood definitely make a difference to the stock speaker's output.

I found a lousy video Review of the Casca HU for City-

I know its hard to compare just by looking at the video but any thoughts on the Casca's Interface after watching the video

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishchal316 View Post
I think you made the right choice. I too got the CVT VX booked and i'll be taking the delivery of my car next week.
Even i think they should have provided the parking sensors and the navigation touchscreen HU in such a car. Additionally they could also have provided features like Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror and Rain Sensing Wipers (Available in the Maruti Ciaz).
I agree, especially considering the price difference between SV and VX versions, I don't think there is enough value for money but then as compared to market competition the City is far ahead so you actually don't mind spending the extra bucks because IMO at the end of day its all about that smile on your face when you sit inside the cabin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Hi Nikhil,

I went for Sandiego 530 for 30K. It has built in Navigation (TomTom Maps). It has a two year warranty and the screen size is 6". The Dealer's option is a one year warranty item and has a bigger screen (7" or 8").

All the best.
Hi Seran Manian,

Are their two versions of the SD530? KRN above seems to have MapMyIndia navigation with the same HU.

My Dealer is offering the 8" one. Do you know anyone who is using the CASCA HU offered by the dealer or have you seen that in power on mode?
Old 20th March 2015, 09:25   #3722
BHPian

Almost all car audio systems are resistive in nature. At least the ones for the VW set of cars. Its a whole lot easier to use resistive while in a moving car. The double click is sad though.
Old 20th March 2015, 12:00   #3723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickACM View Post
Thanks KRN,
Sorry to hear about your experience with the Sandiego 530.

Hi Seran Manian,

Are their two versions of the SD530? KRN above seems to have MapMyIndia navigation with the same HU.
My Dealer is offering the 8" one. Do you know anyone who is using the CASCA HU offered by the dealer or have you seen that in power on mode?
I am sure mine had a TOMTOM Map and I have already updated the Maps twice . The Touch Screen is Capacitive only and accessing a touch screen while driving is a difficult task be it capacitive or resistive. To locate your place the best way is to enter the pin code rather than the name as they can mislead the Search in these HUs. For example 'Thiruchy' will not be searched where as 'Trichy' will be fine. So better to enter the pin code. Having said all that nothing to beat 'Google maps'. The only advantage over that is that you can save destinations that are not easy to reach in favourites once you reach them, so that it is easier the next time.

Yes it is 8" screen in the latest one and I have no info on hand about the reliability of Caska systems except that I suppose the warranty is one year only.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 21:34   #3724

I think I'll go with the Sony XAV-712BT which is selling for INR21,000 on Snapdeal and get it fitted on the OE Dash. I can use mirror link to use Google maps for navigation.

Also, Everyone is talking about Michelin when it comes to tyre upgrade. Is that a better option than Yokohama, specifically the C.Drive?
Old 21st March 2015, 08:09   #3725
BHPian

After almost 3000 kms on the odo, I think the mileage has finally settled down to around 12-13 kmpl in my City VMT(P). I guess that is a respectable figure from a 1.5 litre engine. Was just curious what other members are achieving actually. Morever, during the tank full to tank full method, I was happy to find an error of only 0.1 kmpl with the MID reading. Is it the same with others?
Old 21st March 2015, 08:22   #3726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
After almost 3000 kms on the odo, I think the mileage has finally settled down to around 12-13 kmpl in my City VMT(P). I guess that is a respectable figure from a 1.5 litre engine. Was just curious what other members are achieving actually. Morever, during the tank full to tank full method, I was happy to find an error of only 0.1 kmpl with the MID reading. Is it the same with others?
This is a very decent FE number. It should settle around 14 kmpl in suburban traffic condition and on highways drive you should get between 17 - 18 kmpl. These figures are very good for the size of the car and 'relatively big' engine. The engine should get more smoother as you drive. You are correct there is a slight (negligible) difference between MID & tank full methods.

My observation is that these figures are achievable with a light foot and sedate driving and ensuring the ECO light glows.
Old 21st March 2015, 15:44   #3727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickACM View Post
I think I'll go with the Sony XAV-712BT which is selling for INR21,000 on Snapdeal and get it fitted on the OE Dash. I can use mirror link to use Google maps for navigation.

Also, Everyone is talking about Michelin when it comes to tyre upgrade. Is that a better option than Yokohama, specifically the C.Drive?
Using mirror link! Wow! That sure is a smart move. What an innovation by SONY to make the Smartphone App to be seen in the Car's Display. I searched after reading your post to know about Mirror Link. Thanks buddy.

Regarding Tyres please check with your ASS regarding warranty issues that might crop up due to tyre change. If you get their approval before hand it would be good. All the best.
Old 22nd March 2015, 18:17   #3728
BHPian

Hi Guys
Got the delivery of my Honda City CVT XV today and the good news is that i got the michelin tyres as stock
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-dsc02667-1.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2015, 19:49   #3729
BHPian

Had a long trip from Trivandrum to Ernakulam on Friday. Started off at 6:45 am, filled petrol and tyre pressure set at 33 in front and 31 in rear. AC initially set to 25 degrees as it was relatively cool outside during this time. Me and my spouse only as passengers and 2 backpacks as luggage. Took the NH 47 route. Traffic was less till 7:30 pm. Drive was in 'D' mode mostly 'S' mode and paddle shift combination for overtaking. ECON mode was on only during traffic signals and slow bumper to bumper.

The MID display surged to 19 km/l after about 10 kms of journey and after another 10 kms the MID display was at 20 to my excitement and surged further to 20.5 kms/l . It beat my car's earlier record of 19.2 kms/l. The MID kept on displaying 20.5 for about 10 mins and then started to drop as the cyclists and motorbikes started coming to road. I asked my spouse to take a pic but the pic got blurred.

The MID kept on displaying above 20 for about 20 mins, above 19 for at least 45 mins and above 18 for more than an hour. Began to drop once I reached the outskirts of Alleppey and finally when I reached my destination at North Parur (after Ernakulam), the MID was at 15.8 kms/l. There were 3 additional passengers for the final 65 kms of journey and AC was set at 23 to 24 degrees during this time.

On the return journey to Trivandrum today , the car was at full capacity including 5 passengers and fully loaded boot, AC set at 24 degrees, the max in MID was 14.3 kms/l and finally settled at 13.7 kms/l. There was quite a lot of bumper to bumper as well. Also to my horror, the outside temperature MID display at Adoor byepass on MC road was 40 degrees

To get these figures in Kerala roads, I have to say it's a truly brilliant petrol engine from Honda.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 22nd March 2015 at 19:54.
Old 22nd March 2015, 19:51   #3730
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to J Thomas for sharing!

Quote:
I noticed a new brake light design on the Honda City and thought I'd share it with you. I'm an avid reader of Team-BHP & this is my first contribution.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-imag09561.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-imag09571.jpg
Old 22nd March 2015, 20:11   #3731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Attachment 1352267

Attachment 1352268
GTO, that tail lamp is not OEM its LED aftermarket tail lamp. Probably added by the dealer before the car left the showroom or soon after.

http://www.mudah.my/Honda+City+2014+...t-31785110.htm

http://www.asianproducts.com/product...-2014-led.html

Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 20:14   #3732
BHPian

Quote:

These are after-market tail lights

LINK - Honda City Aftermarket Lights

EDIT - Oops Sankar beat me to it ;-)
StrangeWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 20:15   #3733
Distinguished - BHPian

The aftermarket rear lights looks vaguely like an inverted version of the Accord lights. Overall, looks like a narrowed Accord.
Old 22nd March 2015, 20:53   #3734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishchal316 View Post
Hi Guys
Got the delivery of my Honda City CVT XV today and the good news is that i got the michelin tyres as stock
Congratulations. Welcome to the gang. Hope u have a wonderful experience with the new car. And like me, you are lucky enough to have Michelins as stock.If you are not one of those who throw the car around on corners, there is no need for an upgrade. Btw, of late noticed one thing. The number of niggles reported by the members have reduced drastically. It seems Honda is taking the market reviews seriously and they ought to in a competitive market like this.

Quote:

Attachment 1352267

Attachment 1352268
Does the fitment of these lights affect the warranty in any way? Or these are approved by the dealers. I asked my dealer. They had no idea that something like this was available. Pl advise.
Old 23rd March 2015, 00:47   #3735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishboneAsh View Post
Hi everyone. I got my Honda VMT last week. Yesterday i hooked up my USB pen drive (HP 8GB v210w). The HU detected the drive and started playing music (mp3) from the folders. However i notice frequent disconnection/pause while playing music.
I had the same issue with my HP 32GB v165w pen drive. I switched to sandisk and kingston and i encountered no such issue. Tried HP again and the same issue. I think it has some issue with the HP pen drives.
Has anyone encountered the same ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks