Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2015, 09:27   #3601
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
First point, the dealer and service engineers will never stop scaring people and its very difficult to get them to agree. I have heard all types of logic from them ranging from Honda having done lot of testing with the recommended spec to loss of warranty on suspension and steering etc. End of the day I took the risk and went ahead and I have not faced any issues till date.
On the contrary, the dealer I spoke with did not object to up sizing including warranty coverage but told me that problems may occur to suspension in the longer run.
Old 26th February 2015, 11:04   #3602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
This was in an residential area in Anna Nagar

I am actually wondering why Honda is charging Rs.850 for a silly plastic wheel cover. These OEMs and their spare parts
That is Honda for you. Please add horrible looking to 'silly plastic wheel cover' . Every accessory is costly with them.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2015, 12:21   #3603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz_009 View Post
Guys, its time for insurance renewal. The car would be completing 1 year this march 6th. Currently, i have the insurance from Honda Assure, they are quoting 25.5 for renewal (honda assure nil dep from bajaj allianz) for an IDV of 7.2lacs. Hdfc ergo is offering 21k for the same idv (nil dep).

I'm confused. Should I go for nil dep or comprehensive? Which company?
How is hdfc ergo?

Please suggest.
Just check your current policy whether it has any covering letter mentioning any Insurance Agent Company. My Insurance has a covering letter from Landmark Insurance which is like Policy Bazaar & others who provide Insurances from any of the General Insurance Companies. My Insurance Renewal is due in Apr-2015. Already starting to Research on this. I have actually contacted Landmark Insurance to check whether opting for another Insurance provider will let me have Honda Assure again or will the new insurance not be a part of the Honda Assure Program. Have asked them to send me the quotes.

Parallely I checked up on Policy Bazaar and got a quote of 22,253 from Bharti AXA which offers the following:
  1. Zero Dep for 2 Claims
  2. 24*7 Road-Side Assistance
  3. Cashless Facility (Have the nearby Honda Service centers included under preferred Garages of Bharti AXA)
  4. An IDV of 7.63L which is a little over 80% of the Ex-Showroom Price.

The only drawback I see is this policy is not under the Honda Assurance plan. I am not so sure whether that should really affect anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
First point, the dealer and service engineers will never stop scaring people and its very difficult to get them to agree. I have heard all types of logic from them ranging from Honda having done lot of testing with the recommended spec to loss of warranty on suspension and steering etc. End of the day I took the risk and went ahead and I have not faced any issues till date.

Second, there have been several discussions about the recommended tyre upgrade for the 4G City and there is a separate thread which covers various aspects in detail and in summary the 195/60R15 is the most recommended option and technically the most apt for the stock alloys (based on Rolling Resistance Calculations). URL

In terms of Michelin P3ST vs XM2, the price difference is negligible. I guess the XM2 would have more longevity but P3ST is the more premium one and is engineered for less noise. I went with XM2 since there were no benchmarks available about how much reduction in mileage would be there due to P3ST but looking at the data from others who went for P3ST there is not much difference between the two.
Valid Point

The Service center guys are just sitting there to scare you. I have a similar situation going on with regards to the Projector Headlamps Setup. I have mailed Honda Customer Care regarding the same. The Dealer is not accepting only Installation of Projector Headlamps bought by me. The Dealer says that the whole setup is to be bought from them only.

I went ahead with the switch over to 195/60 R15 XM2 on Day 1. Have done over 11K Kms and don't see any issue.

With regards to difference between P3ST & XM2, although both being soft compound tyres, the XM2 is slightly harder than P3ST, giving it a little more longer life. Based on the FE that I have heard from some of the members on stock tyres, I don't see a difference of more than 0.3 to 0.5 kmpl which for me is OK as it depends on the way a person drives too.
Old 27th February 2015, 12:01   #3604
BHPian

Took delivery of my CVT (VX) on Wednesday evening. Booking to delivery time was 15 days (09/02/05 - 25/02/15). Shipment notification came on 12/02/15 evening. However, I was keeping fingers crossed till the truck with my car arrived on 23/02/15 evening since I read many concerns raised by members here regarding the delay. Thoroughly satisfied with the entire process as Honda/ Dealer made good of their commitment.

As mentioned by members about 'cost-saving' measures, I too have the same feel. But more than that, I'm missing the solid feel of Skoda/ Ford and the steering responsiveness. However, I'm starting to enjoy the drive

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-dsc_0508.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-dsc_0509.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-dsc_0513.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-dsc_0786.jpg

In the morning rays
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-dsc_0514.jpg

Just as the surname should be 'Bond' if the first name is 'James', the first name should be 'i' if the surname is 'VTEC'
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-dsc_0532.jpg

An area is love the most. Hats off to Honda for this classy design
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-dsc_0519.jpg

May this be the beginning of a blooming association between me and Honda
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-dsc_0510.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-dsc_0523.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
I hope you have inspected the car well. If possible, take a friend who is knowledgeable on auto mobiles. I had taken my friend who had experience with Maruti Suzuki in service area. All the very best.
Thank you Adarsh. Did a thorough check-up before taking delivery in presence of GM. Finally, found out that a hinge under the bonnet was bit loose and they rectified the same immediately

Last edited by Mysticeyes : 27th February 2015 at 12:07.
Mysticeyes is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2015, 12:16   #3605
MMX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
Took delivery of my CVT (VX) on Wednesday evening.
Congratulations Mysticeyes! May the Love grow fonder and I'm sure after a few long drives there'll be no comparisons and just pure pleasure, exactly how I feel while driving my New VX CVT.

Did you take any add-ons or have you made any modifications yourself?
Old 27th February 2015, 12:37   #3606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMX View Post
Congratulations Mysticeyes! May the Love grow fonder and I'm sure after a few long drives there'll be no comparisons and just pure pleasure, exactly how I feel while driving my New VX CVT.

Did you take any add-ons or have you made any modifications yourself?

No Sir, No add-ons/ modifications except for the vinyl-flooring done. Already started loving the freedom left-leg & hand is enjoying.

Had a severe traffic block for about 2KM today morning as I got out from home and that was when i realized the 'peace-of-mind..or left leg' Here is how it stood.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-dsc_0790.jpg
Mysticeyes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2015, 13:58   #3607
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulation on your new car.White always looks good on the new city. Did you get any freebies from the dealer?
Old 27th February 2015, 14:14   #3608
MMX
BHPian

Quote:
Already started loving the freedom left-leg & hand is enjoying.

Had a severe traffic block for about 2KM today morning as I got out from home and that was when i realized the 'peace-of-mind..or left leg' Here is how it stood.
Mysticeyes - the "oh so Zen like" peace felt by the Left leg and hand is almost surreal in a traffic scenario. My Left hand sometimes reaches for the gear due to instinctive driving and I have to consciously intervene and stop it from changing the gear. But I do change the gear from 'D' to 'N' during a long halt and pull up the Parking brake too.
Old 27th February 2015, 16:32   #3609
BHPian

Quote:
No Sir, No add-ons/ modifications except for the vinyl-flooring done. Already started loving the freedom left-leg & hand is enjoying.

Congrats again. Don't worry about the MID FE values for the next 1000 kms at least. It is going to definitely increase.

Did you take extended warranty/bumper to bumper insurance? I would recommend a bumper to bumper in a city like TVM
Old 28th February 2015, 11:39   #3610
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of my CVT (VX) on Wednesday evening. Booking to delivery time was 15 days (09/02/05 - 25/02/15).
Congratulations to you! The white color with a nice sun-roof makes it a very good looking car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
I have SV CVT and had the same dilemma. I.e. 195/60 R15 or 195/65 R15.

With initial looks, 195/95 R15 appears to be better in terms ride quality with higher side wall and better cushioning effect, which is not so good in Honda city with stock options. It also supposed to increase GC, thought its not a major issue anymore.

However, after a detailed search I found that, current original rim will not be suitable for 195/65 R15. Tyres will bulge and ride quality may affect. You may also get scrapping. If you are keen than go for 7 size alloys (stock rim is 5.5 or 6, I suppose). Wider alloys will give much needed stability to 195/65 R15. I have seen posts of few BHPians who installed 195/65 R15 with 7size alloys in earlier version of Honda city and they were very happy with improvement in ride quality and GC. On the negative side, their FE dropped by 1-2kmpl. So, If you are having bad roads with scrapping issues than you may consider it.

If you want peace of mind (and not want to spend additional amount in alloys) then opt for the widely recommended 190/60 R15.

Disclaimer: For my SV CVT, I was keen for 195/65 R15 XM2 but after all the reviews was about to settle for 195/60 R15 XM2. Eventually tyre upgrade plan was put on hold as dealer clearly told me to loose warranty. Currently I am on stock Goodyear (not happy) and planning to change in next year.
Since we are on the topic of tires, I had stock MRF ZVTV on my 2012 Honda City. By about 21K kms, 2 of them suddenly developed 'bulges' on the wall, the first happened around 6 months ago and the second happened last month....no apparent reason....each time due to the 'bulge' the car started making a noise while driving.....went to HONDA and complained. They are trying to coordinate with MRF to see if something can be done. Will update once I have further details.

In contrast to this, my 2007 Hyundai Getz had stock Good Year tires which lasted for 7+ years and around 52K kms. Changed them last year with Yokohama tires. The Yokos are giving good ride comfort.

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd March 2015 at 10:49. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 28th February 2015, 15:14   #3611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Since we are on the topic of tires, I had stock MRF ZVTV on my 2012 Honda City. By about 21K kms, 2 of them suddenly developed 'bulges' on the wall. The Yokos are giving good ride comfort.
Oh. No. Many of us in this Forum have MRF ZVTV (Me included.). Eagerly awaiting the response by your Dealer. 21K+ is much below par. Any one will expect a minimum of 35000. Do keep us posted of the developments.

Quote:
A White car is always a pleasure to look at (Ofcourse it needs a real tough cleaning to keep it sparkling white ). Yes as already suggested the engine needs to ease out. So don't worry about mileage till 1000 to 1500 Kms of running in.

All the best. Wish you a happy and memorable association with your priced possession.
Old 2nd March 2015, 10:08   #3612
BHPian

I had booked a Golden Brown CVT (VX) back in August with Apex Honda (Santacruz). It has been 7 months now and I am still not being given any clarity on the delivery. Patience has worn thin now. So need to escalate to Honda India. Can someone please help me with the relevant email ID of Honda India. I couldn't find one on their website.

Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd March 2015, 10:34   #3613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Congratulation on your new car.White always looks good on the new city. Did you get any freebies from the dealer?
Thank you Sir. I did extract fair amount of freebies. Upon request, those are classisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMX View Post
Mysticeyes - the "oh so Zen like" peace felt by the Left leg and hand is almost surreal in a traffic scenario. My Left hand sometimes reaches for the gear due to instinctive driving and I have to consciously intervene and stop it from changing the gear. But I do change the gear from 'D' to 'N' during a long halt and pull up the Parking brake too.
At that point, Sir, I'd like to raise a question Say, I start from home and traveled 3KM before reaching a traffic signal. My MID was showing 12.5km/l at the moment when the car got stopped totally at the signal. I put the car is 'N' or 'P' and wait for about 40 seconds before the signal turns green. During the waiting period, the MID would come down to 11.7km/l. In such cases, I had noticed that the MID then hovers around 11.7-12.8km/l, whatever, the traffic condition may be. Even if the road is free, the MID remains same when, ideally, the value should have been increasing due to free road or shuould decrease further due to bumper-bumper traffic. In case I reset the trip-meter, fair value comes out again, but the distance traveled also goes back to '0'. In Ford, we had option to reset the mileage value alone. Can you please throw some light on my quesry

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Did you take extended warranty/bumper to bumper insurance? I would recommend a bumper to bumper in a city like TVM
NO EW & B-B insurance. Thought I'd take it near the end of current one for EW. Hopefully, 'Scratch Gods' would be kind to me like they had been to my other vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Congratulations to you! The white color with a nice sun-roof makes it a very good looking car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
A White car is always a pleasure to look at (Ofcourse it needs a real tough cleaning to keep it sparkling white ). All the best. Wish you a happy and memorable association with your priced possession.
Thank you Geo & Seran. Nothing to beat a sparkling white or black. I'm counting on myself to keep it sparkling as I do to all my vehicles. Love to keep them polished & bright and tend to wash/ clean interiors at-least 2-3 times a week. Started this strange habit with my good ol' Rx 100.

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd March 2015 at 10:49. Reason: Only two smileys permitted per post.
Old 2nd March 2015, 10:58   #3614
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Congrats!

I guess City is the only car in the segment to offer a sunroof? That interior shot with the sunroof open is so drool-worthy , even to someone like me who has been a critic of the City with the current generation. Man, i love that feature even though some may argue its not worth it in indian conditions.

Quote:
That area looks real familiar. But a 2 kms traffic block? They really need to plan the junction properly. Has become a mess ever since the civil station opened. One reason even we shifted to an automatic for TVPM.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 2nd March 2015 at 11:00.
Old 2nd March 2015, 11:49   #3615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congrats!

I guess City is the only car in the segment to offer a sunroof? That interior shot with the sunroof open is so drool-worthy , even to someone like me who has been a critic of the City with the current generation. Man, i love that feature even though some may argue its not worth it in indian conditions.

That area looks real familiar. But a 2 kms traffic block? They really need to plan the junction properly. Has become a mess ever since the civil station opened. One reason even we shifted to an automatic for TVPM.
Thank you Crazy Guess City is the only one to offer in that range. Please note that only the second layer was open in the snap and not the glass portion. In our hot dusty climate, opening glass is a strict no-no for me. Else, it has to be in monsoon seasons when rain has cooled down the surroundings and dust has settled, that too in mountain areas. I just love 'drops' on my cars like this:

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-dsc_0292.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-dsc_0780.jpg

With sun-roof on City, I'd be able to feel the drops right on my head Random shots as it rained on Friday evening.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-dsc_07841.jpg
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-dsc_07851.jpg

As for the 'junction' you saw on the pic, all know who's behind the bottle-neck. With no more widening expected anytime in future, we can guess how it would be like in 3-5 years time. The block that day was a result of a trailer that broke-down on the track near Vazhayila Jn. towards Peroorkada. I guess the authorities switched off the signals at Peroorkada Jn too and by the time I crawled till Peroorkada, the signals were running again
Mysticeyes is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks