Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2015, 09:54   #4351
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravint View Post
Hi BHPians,

Somebody scratched my Orchid White Pearl Honda City on front bumper. Because of this paint chipped off and black bumper plastic is exposed and looking ugly. The damaged area is around 4-5 centimeters in diameter. What are the options/suggestions to get back original look back?
You need to get it re-painted.
Or you can cover it up with a TBHP sticker.
SumitBahl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 12:09   #4352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravint View Post
Hi BHPians,

Somebody scratched my Orchid White Pearl Honda City on front bumper. Because of this paint chipped off and black bumper plastic is exposed and looking ugly. The damaged area is around 4-5 centimeters in diameter. What are the options/suggestions to get back original look back?
Sorry to hear about that, I know how it feels.

As I see it, there are three options:
1. Get the whole bumper painted at Honda. Should cost you around Rs 4,000/.
2. Get the whole bumper painted at an alternate vendor(say Carz or Mahindra FirstChoice or CarNation). Should cost you about a thousand less than that of Honda.
3. Get a part of the bumper painted, not sure if Honda does this, but Carz does it and it will cost you about Rs 2,000/.

I have seen people prefer Honda to others as they feel the probability of the job being done good is high there. My experience has been a bit off in this case. When I got my cars front bumper painted at Honda, the buggers delivered the car in the late evening. Later I noticed a golden tinge in the Alabaster Silver shade. I was lax not to bring it to their notice then. I was offered a 50% discount on a re-paint later but never went back to them again.

--Kalyan
Old 28th October 2015, 13:29   #4353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Sorry to hear about that, I know how it feels.

As I see it, there are three options:
1. Get the whole bumper painted at Honda. Should cost you around Rs 4,000/.
2. Get the whole bumper painted at an alternate vendor(say Carz or Mahindra FirstChoice or CarNation). Should cost you about a thousand less than that of Honda.
3. Get a part of the bumper painted, not sure if Honda does this, but Carz does it and it will cost you about Rs 2,000/.

I have seen people prefer Honda to others as they feel the probability of the job being done good is high there. My experience has been a bit off in this case. When I got my cars front bumper painted at Honda, the buggers delivered the car in the late evening. Later I noticed a golden tinge in the Alabaster Silver shade. I was lax not to bring it to their notice then. I was offered a 50% discount on a re-paint later but never went back to them again.

--Kalyan
I have a Alabaster Silver Honda City and when I got my rear bumper dent removed and repainted - it looked like new! I had got it done at Deccan Honda, Pune.
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 10:20   #4354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
I have a Alabaster Silver Honda City and when I got my rear bumper dent removed and repainted - it looked like new! I had got it done at Deccan Honda, Pune.
Agreed Sir, I did not mean that everyone has an experience like mine. The point I was trying to make is that mistakes happen whether it is the authorized center or a third party. I had also gotten two other paint jobs from Honda and they were perfect.

--Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 12:45   #4355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Agreed Sir, I did not mean that everyone has an experience like mine. The point I was trying to make is that mistakes happen whether it is the authorized center or a third party. I had also gotten two other paint jobs from Honda and they were perfect.

--Kalyan
You are right.

As a friend of mine said - "Take any company or organization, the cross section of the society is reflected there! Due to something called 'company culture', you might get slightly better or worse people there."

I guess a bit of care and a bit of luck are required to get a perfect job done to your machine!
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 12:47   #4356

I took delivery of my C. Red 2015 Honda City CVT Vx yesterday. Quite a nice car to drive with significant power on tap with the convenience of the CVT auto gearbox. Drove in the city traffic for about 80km and the MID is showing a fuel consumption of about 12k/l. I drive with a light foot in the city and hence the decent consumption.

What I liked -
1. Ivtec is a gem of an engine. On Neutral, hardly can feel if it is on. Wifey said its quiet even on the outside. Power on tap is phenomenal. I used to drive a Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI 7speed DSG, and the driving experience matches that car.
2. Comfortable interiors - Leather seats are the best I have sat in for a segment this side of 15 Lakhs. Driving position is fantastic and view is quite nice. The side rear view mirrors could have been a bit wider, maybe I'd get used to them in some time. Mom felt the car was longer than my earlier Honda City Zx.
3. I got Good Year Assurance 175/60 R15 as OEM fitted tyres. Initially, had thought about upgrading size and brand, however, after driving on some good and bad Mumbai roads, don't feel the need to upgrade. Am quite happy with the car with current rubber.
4. The audio system is nice. Generally, Honda used to disappoint in this section, but they have made amends.
5. I was initially skeptical about a sunroof in Indian conditions, but having used the car for a day, I can immediately feel more comfortable. The interior ambience gets completely changed once you open the cover. The interiors feel more roomy and bright during daylight.

Yet to do a long drive on highway. Shall update once I have carried out the journey.

Wifey paid me a compliment after driving the car - your knowledge and choice of cars are perfect!!
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-honda-city-front-profile.jpg  

AAAP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 16:22   #4357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAAP View Post
I took delivery of my C.
Congrats on your new car.
Agree with your tyre decision.
The Good year's are really good tyres and 17d5 is not a bad specification.
Do continue posting about your new acquisition.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 16:58   #4358
BHPian

Quote:
I took delivery of my C. Red 2015 Honda City CVT Vx yesterday. Quite a nice car to drive with significant power on tap with the convenience of the CVT auto gearbox. Drove in the city traffic for about 80km and the MID is showing a fuel consumption of about 12k/l. I drive with a light foot in the city and hence the decent consumption.
Many congratulations on the new car. Wishing you many happy miles.

Last edited by ampere : 29th October 2015 at 17:38. Reason: Formatted post
we_pull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 21:43   #4359
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations! I have the same model in the same colour bought in Feb-14. The CVT of Honda which includes a torque-converter is really nice though I am yet to go for the software upgrade that has been announced which includes my car.

Wish you many miles of safe and pleasurable motoring!!
outdoorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 18:48   #4360
BHPian

Honda City does it again. 7K+ sales once again in the 20th month from the launch date. This is no mean feat.

Here's the Link. In fact, Honda crosses 20K Units probably the first time ever in a month.

https://www.hondacarindia.com/mediaC...aspx?pr_id=351
tejas08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 19:53   #4361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Honda City does it again. 7K+ sales once again in the 20th month from the launch date. This is no mean feat.

Here's the Link. In fact, Honda crosses 20K Units probably the first time ever in a month.

https://www.hondacarindia.com/mediaC...aspx?pr_id=351

Honda must be pretty pleased with the numbers. Mobilio's numbers are a shocker- if they don't correct pricing quickly, it will die out soon.
Old 2nd November 2015, 23:23   #4362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Honda must be pretty pleased with the numbers. Mobilio's numbers are a shocker- if they don't correct pricing quickly, it will die out soon.
I think they will just keep the mobilio rolling slowly and replace it with BR-V once it is ready. This festive season seems to have perked the spending up and the top car makers are reporting very good numbers this time around.
Old 6th November 2015, 03:13   #4363
BHPian

Good people of Team BHP! My Old Honda City 2003 model got stolen recently. The Insurance company's investigator asked me how many keys I had, to which I answered 2. The car was purchased second hand and we only got two keys from the previous owner.

He said that Honda gave three car keys and I'll need to get a letter signed by the previous owner that he only handed me two keys. Can someone confirm whether Honda gave three or two car keys back in 2002-03? Thanks a lot in advance!
Old 6th November 2015, 14:03   #4364

Hello everyone..This is my first post on this forum after going through team-bhp forum as a guest for years.

I am looking for an Automatic Sedan with the budget of 15 lakhs.i was interested in vento highline DSG and almost booked it ,but then scandal broke out and booked Honda City VX CVT.

How does city petrol CVT performs on highway? Is it comparable to German siblings in terms of driving pleasure? OR should i wait for VW to clear their problems and go for Vento?
Old 7th November 2015, 09:20   #4365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal4life View Post
Hello everyone..This is my first post on this forum after going through team-bhp forum as a guest for years.

I am looking for an Automatic Sedan with the budget of 15 lakhs.i was interested in vento highline DSG and almost booked it ,but then scandal broke out and booked Honda City VX CVT.

How does city petrol CVT performs on highway? Is it comparable to German siblings in terms of driving pleasure? OR should i wait for VW to clear their problems and go for Vento?
Having just bought a VX CVT after testing out the Vento TSI AT, I can assure you that ride quality, driveability, comfort and overall package is better than the Vento. Although Vento scores in the price department, with Honda you have peace of mind wrt service and spares.

Highway driveability is fine due to the 7 speed CVT gearbox where the engine cruises at 1500 rpm even at 100kph. Steering feels a bit light on highways, but otherwise it feels just as stable as Vento.

Must mention that the front seats on the City VX are far more comfortable than the Vento for a person with broad shoulders. Hope this helps to make a quick decision.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks