Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2015, 20:58   #4051
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
I got my OEM Modulo frille painted today. The black plastic part is painted body colored (white) and the chrome is covered in black plastidip (which can be peeled of anytime).

Reviews?

Attachment 1388077
The mod looks absolutely stunning. Can u divulge some more details?
Old 1st July 2015, 22:57   #4052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
The mod looks absolutely stunning. Can u divulge some more details?
The black plastic part is painted white and chrome is sprayed with plastidip.

Plastidip comes in a spray can which you can apply on any surface and peel off whenever you want. It forms a layer of butyl rubber/latex on the surface.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-plastidip5.jpg

Here are a few more images of WIP

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_0128.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_0129.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_0132.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_0133.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_0134.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_0135.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_0143.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_0146.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_0147.jpg
SumitBahl is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 23:25   #4053
Senior - BHPian

Honda Cars India domestic sales up 13% in June 2015

City sells another 7000+ again:
URL

The Amaze numbers also look good. The Mobilio seems to be lowering out.
Old 3rd July 2015, 12:37   #4054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz_009 View Post
I have the same problem and the sound comes during the cold start in the morning hours, but at the same time I haven't face any issues with AC performance.

Now, I am confused!! Is anyone else facing similar problem? Please advise!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Rockporiom - Keep us posted on the audio system hanging /resetting resolution

Barely 1 year on and while the water leakage seems finally fixed as of now, the alternator grinding has shown its ugly face. :( Also in 1 yr 20km service Solitaire Honda claimed to have done tyre rotation as recommended, but i found that no tyres were moved at all! Disappointed at my Honda experience all around.

So i monitored the sound the day I got the car back and the sound wasn't there but yesterday i was in for a nasty surprise. The cold sign on, key in car, car cranks and there we have the sound back but it wasn't as much as before. Frustrated and angry I called my service advisor and told him about the issue, he was shocked to find out that the sound is coming again and told me that he is sending a technician tomorrow.

Fast forward today. The technician arrived and witnessed the sound and said that it can be either from the idler bearing or the alternator
but he agrees that the sound had reduced and the ac clatter is no longer there which means that the compressor was as such faulty. He also agreed that the gas has not been charged properly as the cooling isn't up to the mark.

I just fail to understand how these guys manage to surprise me with their diagnosis every time they visit me or i visit them.

Also regarding the stereo they have agreed to replace it after seeing how frustrated i was with the whole issue.

Last edited by rockporiom : 3rd July 2015 at 12:39.
Old 3rd July 2015, 14:14   #4055
BHPian

Took the car for a detailing at express car wash , it looks new again. Done 41k kilometres till now in 18 months of ownership,

Will post a detailed review very soon

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-x.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-y.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20150621-11.08.00.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20150621_105322.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd July 2015 at 16:19. Reason: Image orientation
adik1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 15:56   #4056
Senior - BHPian

Totally minor stuff but can someone suggest a good phone/ipad/ipod etc charger for City's front and back chargers. Online links from amazon (India site of course) would be great. I presume the cost will be around Rs. 100-300.
Old 4th July 2015, 00:43   #4057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Rockporiom - Keep us posted on the audio system hanging /resetting resolution

Barely 1 year on and while the water leakage seems finally fixed as of now, the alternator grinding has shown its ugly face. :( Also in 1 yr 20km service Solitaire Honda claimed to have done tyre rotation as recommended, but i found that no tyres were moved at all! Disappointed at my Honda experience all around.

Hello,

I own a 2010 honda city which i have serviced in only solitaire honda so far.
Their service levels have gone down from excellent 5 years back to very mediocre today . Probably this is due to load Or just plain attitude , now that honda is doing better as a car company .

The same tyre thing has happened to me as well . Not only tyre rotation , but i have bills where i have been charged for brake pad change labour when it has not been changed at all . Brake pad change was done on subsequent service.

I used to be on synthetic oil for the first 4 years of ownership and its there on honda record . In one of the service honda swaps this to regular oil and at the same time adds other random items ( Probably not even done ) to make the billing similar to what a service with a synthetic oil change would cost me.

It is also my mistake of not having checked each line item in the bill .
Now i have now stopped taking my car to Honda , I will go there only if i need a spare or something that i am not able to arrange outside . There are other garages that are able to do better work on my car . With the money saved even if it pays for one 3m detailing visit a year , its worth it.

On that note i would like to say that the 2010 honda city was such a nicely built tough dog , that it has actually never fallen sick . Not even like a cold . In over 5 years of ownership i have not had even a bulb , switch , motor or part fail on me . No weird noises , no surprises and overall whats best described as "Uneventful " .

When i read some of these recent Honda city reviews i wonder how so much can change . Yes the interiors are more plush now , but how can there be issues with parts like aircons and alternators .Have those parts also changed with the generation move from G3 to G4 . Mechanically as i undestand for the petrol iVtec it is the same car .

Last edited by manishkapadia : 4th July 2015 at 00:45. Reason: Quote did not come properly
manishkapadia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 02:32   #4058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Hello,

I own a 2010 honda city which i have serviced in only solitaire honda so far.
Their service levels have gone down from excellent 5 years back to very mediocre today . Probably this is due to load Or just plain attitude , now that honda is doing better as a car company .

The same tyre thing has happened to me as well . Not only tyre rotation , but i have bills where i have been charged for brake pad change labour when it has not been changed at all . Brake pad change was done on subsequent service.

I used to be on synthetic oil for the first 4 years of ownership and its there on honda record . In one of the service honda swaps this to regular oil and at the same time adds other random items ( Probably not even done ) to make the billing similar to what a service with a synthetic oil change would cost me.

It is also my mistake of not having checked each line item in the bill .
Now i have now stopped taking my car to Honda , I will go there only if i need a spare or something that i am not able to arrange outside . There are other garages that are able to do better work on my car . With the money saved even if it pays for one 3m detailing visit a year , its worth it.

On that note i would like to say that the 2010 honda city was such a nicely built tough dog , that it has actually never fallen sick . Not even like a cold . In over 5 years of ownership i have not had even a bulb , switch , motor or part fail on me . No weird noises , no surprises and overall whats best described as "Uneventful " .

When i read some of these recent Honda city reviews i wonder how so much can change . Yes the interiors are more plush now , but how can there be issues with parts like aircons and alternators .Have those parts also changed with the generation move from G3 to G4 . Mechanically as i undestand for the petrol iVtec it is the same car .
I believe honda has changed their parts supplier when they increased localisation levels on the new city to reduce costs Which has led to all this nonsense. The ivtec is the best Naturally aspirated petrol motor in the 10-15 lakh price bracket by far and the same is true for the 4th gen as well but the parts that are being used now have faced cost cutting and poor quality check levels due to which some of the niggles have managed to reach the customers. Its surprising that even after the alternator issue has been highlighted at so many places Honda has neither acknowledged the issue nor given any service bulletins to the dealers and service center which is a shame.

If honda doesn't want to issue a recall for the alternator the bare minimum they can do is circulate a TSB for all the affected cars so that the service advisors don't need to act dumb.
Old 5th July 2015, 08:06   #4059
BHPian

Guys,

We have paid the booking amount for the new Honda City 1.5 VX-CVT (the top end Automatic version). The total on road price has been quoted as Rs 13.91 lakh (note that this includes extended warranty, Road Side assisstance and Honda Assure Nil Depreciation policy). The SA is quoting a waiting period of 4 months and is saying that he cannot give any kind of discounts on this version as it is in huge demand.

Is the on-road price reasonable? I think there has been an increase in car prices but is the figure correct? Has anyone got better prices elsewhere (I am based out of Mumbai?)

I am also a bit worried about the higher % of Honda owners reporting small issues with their car. Our main criteria for the new car was an Automatic Sedan - we already had Sx4 before this so were not looking to buy another Maruti.
Old 5th July 2015, 08:57   #4060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Guys,

We have paid the booking amount for the new Honda City 1.5 VX-CVT (the top end Automatic version). The total on road price has been quoted as Rs 13.91 lakh (note that this includes extended warranty, Road Side assisstance and Honda Assure Nil Depreciation policy). The SA is quoting a waiting period of 4 months and is saying that he cannot give any kind of discounts on this version as it is in huge demand.

Is the on-road price reasonable? I think there has been an increase in car prices but is the figure correct? Has anyone got better prices elsewhere (I am based out of Mumbai?)

I am also a bit worried about the higher % of Honda owners reporting small issues with their car. Our main criteria for the new car was an Automatic Sedan - we already had Sx4 before this so were not looking to buy another Maruti.

You are right. The price is on par in chennai. I am also in hunt for automatic sedan in chennai and the on road price here is 14.04lakhs including the bells and whistles you have mentioned. I have got a quote of 12k lesser for bumper to bumper insurance outside and the Honda assure price is terribly hiked, so I am planning to save atleast 10k in insurance by getting it outside if I buy a Honda. The SA will pressurise you to take insurance with him but put your foot down and tell him there is no rule that we have to get insurance from dealer and if he still pressurises say that you want a letter from Honda that insurance should be done with dealer and you are willing to take it to the media. future generali insurance quote for bumper to bumper including even clips and electrical system and all things covered with compulsory deductible of 1k is 12k lesser
Old 5th July 2015, 12:49   #4061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
The black plastic part is painted white and chrome is sprayed with plastidip.
The idea is good. The car definitely looks different. But the small black facia on a white car looks like a toothbrush moustache. You could have painted the lower bumper with black. Don't know how it would look though. But no doubt it looks different.

Last edited by Carpainter : 5th July 2015 at 12:51.
Old 5th July 2015, 17:20   #4062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Guys,

We have paid the booking amount for the new Honda City 1.5 VX-CVT (the top end Automatic version). The total on road price has been quoted as Rs 13.91 lakh (note that this includes extended warranty, Road Side assisstance and Honda Assure Nil Depreciation policy).

You are correct. Prices have increased. When we purchased our Honda City V MT 2012, the V AT (with sunroof etc.) quoted to me then was around INR 11.5L +-. But all car manufactures have bumped up prices. Look at the Toyota vehicles (closet comparison to Honda), they too have increased prices.

The small issues reported should be OK. It can happen with any vehicles and Honda cars are no exceptions. e.g. I know a colleague who recently purchased a Mercedes A class. Very nice car but he too had very minor niggles which were fixed. The XUV is another example, lot of niggles reported in forums, but I know many XUV owners personally who are very happy in spite of these small niggles.

Hondas' & Toyotas' are both very good cars. I have owned both and can tell you that I really liked both. And with the Honda City, you get the I-VETC engine, which is a sweet and proven Honda engine worldwide.
Old 6th July 2015, 11:36   #4063
Senior - BHPian

Prior to buying a Honda City on 26th June, I have never owned a Honda car.
Can City owners help me about Honda's service schedule grace. I have a 2+2 warranty, with service at 1 month, 3 month, 6 month, etc. Total scam if you ask me if Honda needs to service every 6 months.

The question is what is the grace period for delay in taking the car for scheduled servicing: 1-7 days, 1-2 weeks, or none. Pls. note that for servicing, km is not important for me (as driving will be 3-4,000 per annum) but days/months are.
Old 6th July 2015, 14:12   #4064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
The question is what is the grace period for delay in taking the car for scheduled servicing: 1-7 days, 1-2 weeks, or none. Pls. note that for servicing, km is not important for me (as driving will be 3-4,000 per annum) but days/months are.
I own a 2012ANHC. I have 2 options to service my car in Bhubaneswar. Both of the dealers in my city seems to give me a grace period of 30-45days. The monthly running is too low. Hence I try to push it as far as possible. Since 2 years, I haven't had any such issue. It is Honda's grace period, or from my dealer, it is difficult to say. Your dealer may not wait for this long. Normally, a 1-2 week delay is fine I guess.
keeprevving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 14:18   #4065
Senior - BHPian

Will have to find out then. Like you, my monthly running does not justify schedule as per months. Will have to adhere to it more or less for 2+2 years though.
The grace period should be allowed by Honda since they have to honour the warranty, not the dealer.

Last edited by vasudeva : 6th July 2015 at 14:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks