Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2014, 21:06   #1696
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

I just received gift from Honda. An appreciation card for making Honda city a success and a Key Chain. The quality is really good as expected . It has already replaced my earlier key chain. Few pictures here:
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140421-18.13.40.jpg
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140421-18.13.33.jpg
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140421-18.12.58.jpg
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140421-18.13.25.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Neel, when is the first service due? Is it at 1000 or 1500 kms? I think I was updated by the SA as the first service should be done at 1500.
It's at 1000km or 1 month, whichever is earlier. I just got a call from Dakshin Service Center today asking for the date when I would be ready to give my car for service. I'm contemplating between Dakshin, Magnum and Whitefield at this point. The one thing Dakshin mentioned is that they charge almost Rs 500 for pickup and drop . Hyundai used to give complementary pickup and drop for my i10 within a certain distance. 500 bucks seems on higher side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Zigwheels reports that the top variant of the 2014 City is the most popular one, with 50% customers opting for the VX MT.

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...variant/18333/

VX was my choice as well. If only they could "supply" it to me within my specified time period.

Either way, no regrets.
Good to know that. I somehow could not convince myself to stretch by more than 2 lakhs to go for the top end VX CVT variant. The SV CVT was about 11.6 lakhs and the VX CVT close to 14 lakhs on road, all thanks to the atrocious road tax charges in Bangalore. I somehow feel that Honda will release a V variant of CVT in near future as well.
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 21:50   #1697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I just received gift from Honda. An appreciation card for making Honda city a success and a Key Chain. The quality is really good as expected clap
Looks awesome! I hope I receive it too

I would recommend Magnum Honda but frankly Honda is still miles away from Hyundai in this department so don't even expect Hyundai kind of Service Support.
Old 21st April 2014, 22:08   #1698
BHPian

I too received the gift today. It looks fine.
Old 21st April 2014, 23:18   #1699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Yes, It is required to sell the car first retaining the insurance and then obtain the documents from RTO related to transfer of car to new owner.

Find enclosed the Step By Step Process ...
Thanks for your detailed steps, its very useful indeed !

Is it not possible to do in the following sequence ?
Step 1. Buy new car (full insurance paid)
Step 2. Sell old car after buying new car, retain insrance, transfer ownership to new buyer and obtain NCB certificate for old car from insurance.
Step 3. Show NCB certificate to new car insurance provider and ask for refund equal to the NCB % for the new car premium already paid
or
Step 4: (as an alternative to step 3) ask for discount equal to NCB % during the second year premiium payment.

Many would want to sell old car only after buying new car, so if the above sequence is possible for NCB transfer, it would be useful.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 21st April 2014 at 23:22.
Old 22nd April 2014, 08:34   #1700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosathyas View Post
Why in this techie world we couldn't get the idling required during cold start and stop automated to save the turbo charger ? It may sound like laziness, but most innovations are to take advantage of laziness

Also regarding less/no usage of clutch for 1st/2nd gear, is it really a best practice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post

Step 2. Sell old car after buying new car, retain insrance, transfer ownership to new buyer and obtain NCB certificate for old car from insurance.
Step 3. Show NCB certificate to new car insurance provider and ask for refund equal to the NCB % for the new car premium already paid
or
Step 4: (as an alternative to step 3) ask for discount equal to NCB % during the second year premiium payment.

Many would want to sell old car only after buying new car, so if the above sequence is possible for NCB transfer, it would be useful.
I am in the process of doing Steps 1,2,3. I bought the insurance at full and was told that once I receive my NCB after selling the old car, the amount paid for the new car will be adjusted against NCB and excess refunded.
vista_qjd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 09:42   #1701
BHPian

Top spec variants of the Honda city receive bookings numbers more than that expected from Honda

http://m.zigwheels.com/news-features...variant/18333/
Old 22nd April 2014, 10:23   #1702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post

or

I believe the certificate is valid for 3 years and what you say can be done.

However I see two downsides to this approach:
  1. Wait time on NCB is risky, what if god forbid a person ends up in a situation where they need to go for a claim.
  2. The Premium is highest in the first year and so you save more since the NCB is a percentage and not a defined amount.
Old 22nd April 2014, 10:25   #1703
BHPian

Finally the Princess (Snow White) Arrives. Took the delivery of V MT iVTEC yesterday evening.

I am so in love with this car. (This is my first car, why wouldn't I be in love with it)

Went to the Showroom (Arya Honda, Bhandup) at about 03:30 PM completed all the formalities and a small Pooja in the Showroom and took off at 05:00 PM. Drove Straight to a Ganapati (Ganesha) Mandir in Mulund (West) did a nice Pooja of the vehicle over there.

From there headed directly to the Tyre Store and upgraded the Tyres. I was lucky enough to have Michelin XM1s as Stock, but then decided to upgrade anyway to Michelin XM2 195/60. Got it at Rs. 6200 for a set of 4 tyres after exchange of the Stock Tyres (Thats Rs. 1550 per tyre). The Dealer did not have another one of the XM2 hence had to settle for 4 right now. Will be getting the Spare Tyre changed by the weekend from the same dealer once stock arrives.

Did not do much of a photo session at the showroom but here's a picture I took while the car was being readied for handing over. Have a couple of more photos in my Camera while officially taking the delivery which I will upload shortly.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-city-21apr14.jpg  

tejas08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 10:32   #1704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Finally the Princess (Snow White) Arrives. Took the delivery of V MT iVTEC yesterday evening.

I am so in love with this car. (This is my first car, why wouldn't I be in love with it)

Went to the Showroom (Arya Honda, Bhandup) at about 03:30 PM completed all the formalities and a small Pooja in the Showroom and took off at 05:00 PM. Drove Straight to a Ganapati (Ganesha) Mandir in Mulund (West) did a nice Pooja of the vehicle over there.

From there headed directly to the Tyre Store and upgraded the Tyres. I was lucky enough to have Michelin XM1s as Stock, but then decided to upgrade anyway to Michelin XM2 195/60. Got it at Rs. 6200 for a set of 4 tyres after exchange of the Stock Tyres (Thats Rs. 1550 per tyre). The Dealer did not have another one of the XM2 hence had to settle for 4 right now. Will be getting the Spare Tyre changed by the weekend from the same dealer once stock arrives.

Did not do much of a photo session at the showroom but here's a picture I took while the car was being readied for handing over. Have a couple of more photos in my Camera while officially taking the delivery which I will upload shortly.
Heartiest Congratulations Tejas. Wishing you load of happy miles. The car is looking stunning as expected in white

Also, you have got an awesome buy back value for your XM1 (seems in range of 4.1-4.2K per tyre). I'm sure you'll love the wider shoes for your princess.
Old 22nd April 2014, 10:33   #1705
BHPian

I had blindly booked a City VX AT in January 2014. In April, this month, I had to call the Honda sales rep to ask him about the status of my booking and he said it will take "2 to 3 months more." I decided to move on. Tested drove Amaze AT, terrible car, terrible build quality, third rate AT 'box. Its a wonder why people plonk 9 good ones on the top-spec of this rat-trap of a jalopy, when 9 lakhs could buy you a Polo GT TSI!! I guess to each his own, one man's food...., etc. :-)

I also noted that there aren't that many good choices in the 9-12 lakh range auto car, and I had decided that auto I must have.

I test drove the Polo GT and the Vento TSI and reluctantly settled on the Vento TSI because I need the boot for my golf bag (or "kachra", as my wife calls it :-) ). I never got to test drive the Honda AT, but if the build quality of the city is anywhere near (obviously above) the Amaze, I am glad I bought the Vento.

Just my two cents.

Amit

Last edited by amitkb : 22nd April 2014 at 10:36. Reason: formatting
Old 22nd April 2014, 10:57   #1706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkb View Post
I had blindly booked a City VX AT in January 2014. In April, this month, I had to call the Honda sales rep to ask him about the status of my booking and he said it will take "2 to 3 months more." I decided to move on. Tested drove Amaze AT, terrible car, terrible build quality, third rate AT 'box. Its a wonder why people plonk 9 good ones on the top-spec of this rat-trap of a jalopy, when 9 lakhs could buy you a Polo GT TSI!! I guess to each his own, one man's food...., etc. :-)

I also noted that there aren't that many good choices in the 9-12 lakh range auto car, and I had decided that auto I must have.

I test drove the Polo GT and the Vento TSI and reluctantly settled on the Vento TSI because I need the boot for my golf bag (or "kachra", as my wife calls it :-) ). I never got to test drive the Honda AT, but if the build quality of the city is anywhere near (obviously above) the Amaze, I am glad I bought the Vento.

Just my two cents.

Amit
Well, some of your points are in fact correct. Korean and Japanese cars wont have the build quality of European cars. That's a well known fact. Not sure on the build quality difference of Amaze and City. City should have a better build quality than Amaze as it is Honda's flagship car.

Vento TSI is really a good car in terms of performance and build quality. Ride and Handling is better than City but not up to Linea and Rapid. If your priority is performance and travelling with 4 adults then Vento is a good choice. Forget about a 3rd person sitting in the rear since the big hump will be an obstacle. That said, even for the City, tall persons will find their head almost touching the roof. But still City will be able to accommodate 3 persons in the rear better than any car in the segment.

Will you be getting the TSI in quick time? I was quoted 8 months waiting period in Trivandrum.
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 11:26   #1707
BHPian

Quote:
If your priority is performance and travelling with 4 adults then Vento is a good choice. Forget about a 3rd person sitting in the rear since the big hump will be an obstacle.
With my daughter, we are a family of 3 and the 5th passenger is a rare commodity in our cars.

Quote:
Will you be getting the TSI in quick time? I was quoted 8 months waiting period in Trivandrum.
Yes, the car is ready for delivery and I hope I get it by the end of this week. Much lucky me!

On another note, I wonder what it is about cars that makes grown men shiver with excitement like kids at the prospect of buying a new one, even knowing full well that it is destruction of wealth, against all principles of fiscal wisdom! I guess we tbhpians will never have an answer for that. I am only grateful that I did not destroy even more wealth on a Jetta, which I was more smitten by.

Amit
amitkb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 11:53   #1708
BHPian

HELP NEEDED: There is a construction site near my house and the other day a number of cars in my building got sprayed with cement including my Red Rambo (iVTEC V-MT). The workers came without informing us (the owners) and tried to scrape it off.

Well, obviously nothing much happened and I think because of those idiots trying to scrape it off, some scratches have remained along with most of the cement spots!

Can someone please guide me on how to rectify this? Thanks in advance...

(MODS: If this has been addressed in another thread, please merge... thanks)
Old 22nd April 2014, 12:45   #1709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Can someone please guide me on how to rectify this? Thanks in advance...

(MODS: If this has been addressed in another thread, please merge... thanks)
For removal of spots: Please follow these links
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...indscreen.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...er-my-car.html

For Scratch removal: You may need to visit a professional car detailer to reduce the visible marks.

Posting a pic of your car in the given links will help you get the right solution.
Old 22nd April 2014, 14:05   #1710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vish_wagon View Post
Top spec variants of the Honda city receive bookings numbers more than that expected from Honda

http://m.zigwheels.com/news-features...variant/18333/
It is wonderful to note that the CVT version is 30% of the Honda City's petrol sales! The age of the automatic is truly dawning in India.
Hopefully we will see at least one AT option in vehicles like the Terrano/Duster, XUV etc - preferably in the diesel versions.

Last edited by wilful : 22nd April 2014 at 14:06.

Most Viewed