Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2022, 09:45   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Santa Fe : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
I have recently picked up an used 2015 Santafe that has run 65k kilometers. It's the AT AWD variant.

One query on the seats, can we put seat cover on these or due to the airbag module, it's not allowed for front seats?

Also, the stock HU has malfunctioned and the chinese one fitted doesn't support reverse cam display. Any pointers on a good aftermarket or if I can scavange an OEM one from an unused/totaled vehicle? The new OEM HU cists upwards of 50k which is not worth it.
Hi,
Just want to check with you about your experience. A friend might pick up one for book value from his company. What kind of real world FE can he expect - I think the one he is hoping to pick up is also a 2015 one?
Old 6th September 2022, 11:19   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Hi,
Just want to check with you about your experience. A friend might pick up one for book value from his company. What kind of real world FE can he expect - I think the one he is hoping to pick up is also a 2015 one?
City mileage hovers around 8-9 kmpl. On highways with a light foot, it goes upto 12-13.

Please note these are MID data and I have not been able to verify on a tankful to tankful method.
Suryendu87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 11:35   #183
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the prompt reply. Hope you are having a good experience with the vehicle.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 16:11   #184
BHPian

Quote:
I have recently picked up an used 2015 Santafe that has run 65k kilometers. It's the AT AWD variant.

One query on the seats, can we put seat cover on these or due to the airbag module, it's not allowed for front seats?

Also, the stock HU has malfunctioned and the chinese one fitted doesn't support reverse cam display. Any pointers on a good aftermarket or if I can scavange an OEM one from an unused/totaled vehicle? The new OEM HU cists upwards of 50k which is not worth it.
Seat Covers are not recommended for seats with airbags since the stitches are designed to give way when the airbag is activated.

Unfortunately I had given my stock unit as a spare to Spinny who never gave it to the new owner.

I still have the Kaska head unit for the MY 2014 Santa Fe. I'm not sure if it will fit the MY 2015 Santa Fe. Please DM me your address and I can Dunzo it across.
gungax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 14:56   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungax View Post
Seat Covers are not recommended for seats with airbags since the stitches are designed to give way when the airbag is activated.

Unfortunately I had given my stock unit as a spare to Spinny who never gave it to the new owner.

I still have the Kaska head unit for the MY 2014 Santa Fe. I'm not sure if it will fit the MY 2015 Santa Fe. Please DM me your address and I can Dunzo it across.
Thanks much. I went ahead and put a Blaupunkt android HU. For now, no longer in need of the kaska head unit.
Old 26th December 2022, 10:27   #186
BHPian

My windshield got a minor crack due to a stone chip hit during last highway trip.

I claimed insurance and ACKO promptly provided a quote of ~22k rupees and offered to pay up ~18.5k post deduction.

Went to Hyundai ASC for a quotation and the atrocity just began.

Windshield replacement will cost 36k rupees including a repair amd replacement charge (labor cost) of 5k.

Based on quotation, ACKO upped their estimate to 25k, offered to pay directly 21k upfront and reimburse rest post service bill is produced. Accepted the offer, placed an order by paying an advance of 20k online.

Now comes the shocker, SA calls and informed part number has changed and windshield only costs 45k excluding all labor and consumables.

Not sure how to move forward on this. Any suggestions?
Old 6th February 2023, 15:50   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I am looking for a second car preferably a cross over. There is a used car advert for 2015 SantaFe Diesel 2wd AT 86000kms run going for 9L in Hyderabad.

Do you think it is a good buy?
Old 6th February 2023, 22:39   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydatla View Post
Hi, I am looking for a second car preferably a cross over. There is a used car advert for 2015 SantaFe Diesel 2wd AT 86000kms run going for 9L in Hyderabad.

Do you think it is a good buy?
It all depends on the condition of the car mechanically. The major ones I can think of are below. It's not comprehensive in anyway and you need to get the vehicle checked at ASC.

At 86k kilometers
1-the suspension might need an overhaul which costs between 1.5-2L if done at Hyundai ASC.
2- Transmission oil needs to be replaced which would cost ~35k.
3- Steering column health to be checked.
4- Tyres to be checked for age.

Any parts if failed costs a bomb from ASC. Please factor that cost into your negotiation.

In terms of driveability, it's an absolute hoot to drive. Ample power on tap throughout the rev range and the diesel engine is pretty refined. All the best for your purchase.
Old 30th July 2023, 18:21   #189

Hi, I came across a pre worshipped 2014 Santa fe At 4wd, the vehicles comes with a service history from Hyundai. Currently own a 2015 elite i20, 2013 i10 AT SR, Hyundai Eon and a 2004 MG413 Gypsy King in my garage.

I plan to replace the MG413 as its in the last stage of its life (As some of the RTO’s have started with the Non Renewal of RC’s for vehicles aging > 20 years) unfortunately due to this my immaculately maintained King will have to be scrapped in the coming months.

I live in Narkanda HP, (~7500ft) and would require a 4x4 or a 4wd vehicle for the winters and the rains. (I know its not justifiable to compare Gypsy to the this).

Coming from a family patron to Hyundai’s, and with their short list of problems here and there we mostly trust the brand.

I also plan to get married this year and would be considering a 7seater (not a strict choice though). Other vehicles i shortlisted were 2014 Endi, 2017 HEXA (found out there were some issues with the cylinder heads on those earlier models).

My budget is about 7lakhs and wouldn’t risk that on a pre 2013 models of any vehicles as I am heavily invested on a hotel project which due to launch in the coming months, so have to choose wisely here.

Would this vehicle be a good buy, the vehicle is UK07 registered and available in Delhi, single owner and has covered about 1,25,000 kms as posted in the marketplace.

Any suggestions and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you fellow members.

Have a good one ahead.

Link to the advert: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...ibextid=6ojiHh
Viper2346 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 14:05   #190

Quote:
Thanks much. I went ahead and put a Blaupunkt android HU. For now, no longer in need of the kaska head unit.
How did you go about the bezel around the blaupunkt HU? Did it fit the original one? Will be really helpful if you can share some pictures of the fitted blaupunkt unit.

Also, can the blaupunkt HU display the reverse camera and AC controls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungax View Post
Do you still have it?
Old 25th August 2023, 08:24   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by electroguy View Post
How did you go about the bezel around the blaupunkt HU? Did it fit the original one? Will be really helpful if you can share some pictures of the fitted blaupunkt unit.

Also, can the blaupunkt HU display the reverse camera and AC controls?
Sorry about the delayed revert.

The accessories shop guy got a bezel(~1.2k) which fitted perfectly fine. I let the pictures below do the talking.

AC controls are not coming up.

I had an after market reverse camera fitted in the same slot as factory fitted one. Ideally the factory fitted one should also work but you need to have the correct adapter.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Santa Fe : Official Review-20230822_102048.jpg  

Hyundai Santa Fe : Official Review-20230822_102036.jpg  

Old 11th September 2023, 21:50   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by electroguy View Post
Do you still have it?
Yes, I still have the unit. I am out at the moment but someone at home can sent it across to anyone in Bangalore.
Old 14th November 2023, 15:24   #193
BHPian

Has anyone got the timing kit replaced in their Santafe models? Hyundai recommends change at mileage of 80k kilometers but service center guys are clueless.

I tried ordering via MOBIS but service center won't share the exact part numbers as well. Anyone can help with the part numbers?

Below is the pic from boodmo but need help in identifying the parts that need to be replaced as part of timing chain/kit change.
Name:  Santafe engine.png
Views: 402
Size:  90.1 KB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks