Team-BHP - Tata Zest : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Zest : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/153946-tata-zest-official-review-30.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 3498498)
Was there a under seat storage in the front passenger side ? The Vista has a slide out tray which can hold 2 - 2L bottles

Quote:

Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 (Post 3499911)
The same storage tray exists in my Vista.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsurya (Post 3499758)
Yes I saw the storage tray under passenger seat during my test drive, but this is not that high

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsurya (Post 3498542)
The Zest I test drove in Chennai DID have this under seat storage under passenger seat

Thanks guys! This has been added to the review:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 3496234)
A medium-sized storage drawer under the front passenger's seat:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3505367)
Thanks guys! This has been added to the review:

GTO, can you please share the FE numbers the review team was able to attain with the zest, if it is allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP

Any idea how many ZESTS have been booked before launch or as of today?

Cant see any figures released by TML anywhere unlike say Honda who released that 4600 Mobilios booked at launch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosaf (Post 3505440)
Any idea how many ZESTS have been booked before launch or as of today?

Cant see any figures released by TML anywhere unlike say Honda who released that 4600 Mobilios booked at launch.

The Sales Advisor that I have been talking to, had mentioned 1500 bookings from July 25th to Aug 9th. He may be right. But I think the numbers will swell up soon enough after the price announcement on 12th.

Got a call from TATA customer care yesterday and I was asked to choose one dealer for arranging test drive. Selected one and let me see how fast they are going to arrange the same.

Where can I see Zest in south Bangalore? Would like to check it out tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniketi (Post 3505054)
What i liked about Zest is - Well Done Tata. Wishing all the best & hope you will get great success.

Alloy wheels standard is nice & perhaps a segment first but it would have been great if airbags were atleast optional on the first 3 variants. But a great job by Tata on the whole no doubt & whether the Zest will remain niggle free or not only time will tell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 3505463)
Got a call from TATA customer care yesterday and I was asked to choose one dealer for arranging test drive. Selected one and let me see how fast they are going to arrange the same.

Where can I see Zest in south Bangalore? Would like to check it out tomorrow.

Was the same for me, they arranged a call back. Concorde - Dairy Circle called in 3 days. Its presently on display there. Test drives will start 19th onwards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theredliner (Post 3505147)
...Any word from Concorde about when the deliveries will begin?

The SE just said deliveries may start within 15 days itself. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGwagon (Post 3504738)

Second is that I realize even with the AMT technology the price difference between XM and XMA is nearly 72,000!

This maybe because of the fact that XMA diesel mill produces higher BHP than. So effectively, a powerful engine and AMT have inflated the cost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbospooler (Post 3505511)
This maybe because of the fact that XMA diesel mill produces higher BHP than. So effectively, a powerful engine and AMT have inflated the cost.

XM diesel and XMA diesel offer the same engine configuration. Only XE diesel has the lower configuration.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbaddy (Post 3505530)
XM diesel and XMA diesel offer the same engine configuration. Only XE diesel has the lower configuration.

My bad. It sure seems to be on the higher side. Royalty payments to Magnetti Marelli maybe

From purely a pricing perspective across variants :

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fx14 (Post 3505577)
[*]The XMA (AMT) appears overpriced @ 72K more than XM (AMT in Celerio was approx 39K more than manual at launch)

The AMT box in the Celerio and in the Zest are different.
Going by the teambhp drive impressions of the Zest AMT, it is much more smooth in comparison to Celerio AMT.
Lets also factor the AMT box of the Zest is higher torque rated and hence must be a costlier proposition for sure.
Please also see that the Zest diesel AMT still looks FAR MORE VFM as a Package as compared to the Celerio AMT(which has many other options also in the market)
Lets not compare the difference in price of the Celerio MT and AMT versus the Zest MT and AMT.

Quote:

• The XMA (AMT) appears overpriced @ 72K more than XM (AMT in Celerio was approx 39K more than manual at launch)
  • The XMA (AMT) not offering airbags is a big let down considering all safety features were offered for only 18K more in XMS.

agree:

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhu33 (Post 3505610)
The AMT box in the Celerio and in the Zest are different.

The gearboxes in the Zest and Celerio are different, however the common component (which is the automation equipment supplied by MM) should be similar, with differences in programming and mechanical strength/force to handle the diesel's heavier clutch in the Zest. These should not make that great a difference in cost.

I think Tata is trying to make the best of the cheap Diesel+AT first-mover advantage.

Another possibility could be that since Maruti sales sort of guarantee a much higher volume, component suppliers will accept a smaller per-piece margin than they would offer Tata.

This is my opinion, though, and I may be completely wrong. Please update if anyone has data/facts to prove that the equipment in the Tata is that much more expensive.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Quote:

[*]The XMA (AMT) appears overpriced @ 72K more than XM (AMT in Celerio was approx 39K more than manual at launch)[*]The XMA (AMT) not offering airbags is a big let down considering all safety features were offered for only 18K more in XMS.[/list]

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the brochure. I was expecting an upside of 45-50K on the AMT, however with 72k upside, they are neither providing the top end infotainment, no DRL, no airbags, no voice command recognition, no seat height adjust.

Personally feel it is a bit overpriced, or other models are priced lower.

Stuck as am not able to decide whether to go for XMA or XT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3504768)
Don't think Zest will affect Xcent in big way but Amaze will be dented for sure due to its poor interiors and production constraints. I expect Zest to do 5k+ at least in the first few months.

Those who will read the brochure in-depth :

1. Variant - by - variant Pricing
2. Safety Features at that price point
3. Most Important : Engine specs
4. Finally take a longish TD of both vehicles

Will outright reject the Xcent. The torque on the Tata tuned 90bhp Qjet is simply mindblowing. Saying this as I have a Vista D90 and Vista 75 at home and can see the difference.

Moreover the seats at the rear are sure 3 fit at the rear on the Zest, but not on the Xcent.

Being heavier of the lot, Zest has better driving dynamics. The suspension setup on this one is similar to my Vista D90 which has been improved and the body roll is quite controlled.

You do not realize when touching triple digits due to body weight and feels very safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 (Post 3505679)
That's exactly what I thought when I saw the brochure. I was expecting an upside of 45-50K on the AMT, however with 72k upside, they are neither providing the top end infotainment, no DRL, no airbags, no voice command recognition, no seat height adjust.

Personally feel it is a bit overpriced, or other models are priced lower.

Stuck as am not able to decide whether to go for XMA or XT.

Wow! Zest is overpriced:Shockked:? the first thing that came to my mind on seeing the pricing of the Tata Zest XMA was that it was definitely value for money. The Honda Amaze with lesser kit i.e. S AT is priced at 6.70 lakhs whereas the Zest being a diesel AT is priced at 6.99 L. Please do keep in mind that the XMA is equipped with ABS+EBD. I guess that the attractive introductory price has just made everyone a little too greedylol:

However, I do agree that the TaMo should have introduced an XTA variant too which eventually they will, after all the hype about the introductory price has subsided. Nevertheless, the pricing seems spot on IMO.