Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2014, 10:29   #436
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Was there a under seat storage in the front passenger side ? The Vista has a slide out tray which can hold 2 - 2L bottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
The same storage tray exists in my Vista.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Yes I saw the storage tray under passenger seat during my test drive, but this is not that high
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
The Zest I test drove in Chennai DID have this under seat storage under passenger seat
Thanks guys! This has been added to the review:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
A medium-sized storage drawer under the front passenger's seat:
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 10:41   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks guys! This has been added to the review:

GTO, can you please share the FE numbers the review team was able to attain with the zest, if it is allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 14th August 2014, 11:29   #438
BHPian

Any idea how many ZESTS have been booked before launch or as of today?

Cant see any figures released by TML anywhere unlike say Honda who released that 4600 Mobilios booked at launch.
Old 14th August 2014, 11:47   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post
Any idea how many ZESTS have been booked before launch or as of today?

Cant see any figures released by TML anywhere unlike say Honda who released that 4600 Mobilios booked at launch.
The Sales Advisor that I have been talking to, had mentioned 1500 bookings from July 25th to Aug 9th. He may be right. But I think the numbers will swell up soon enough after the price announcement on 12th.
Old 14th August 2014, 11:51   #440
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from TATA customer care yesterday and I was asked to choose one dealer for arranging test drive. Selected one and let me see how fast they are going to arrange the same.

Where can I see Zest in south Bangalore? Would like to check it out tomorrow.
Old 14th August 2014, 11:54   #441
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
What i liked about Zest is - Well Done Tata. Wishing all the best & hope you will get great success.
Alloy wheels standard is nice & perhaps a segment first but it would have been great if airbags were atleast optional on the first 3 variants. But a great job by Tata on the whole no doubt & whether the Zest will remain niggle free or not only time will tell.
Old 14th August 2014, 11:58   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Got a call from TATA customer care yesterday and I was asked to choose one dealer for arranging test drive. Selected one and let me see how fast they are going to arrange the same.

Where can I see Zest in south Bangalore? Would like to check it out tomorrow.
Was the same for me, they arranged a call back. Concorde - Dairy Circle called in 3 days. Its presently on display there. Test drives will start 19th onwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
...Any word from Concorde about when the deliveries will begin?
The SE just said deliveries may start within 15 days itself.
GrammarNazi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 12:47   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post

Second is that I realize even with the AMT technology the price difference between XM and XMA is nearly 72,000!
This maybe because of the fact that XMA diesel mill produces higher BHP than. So effectively, a powerful engine and AMT have inflated the cost.
Old 14th August 2014, 13:17   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
This maybe because of the fact that XMA diesel mill produces higher BHP than. So effectively, a powerful engine and AMT have inflated the cost.
XM diesel and XMA diesel offer the same engine configuration. Only XE diesel has the lower configuration.
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 14:06   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
XM diesel and XMA diesel offer the same engine configuration. Only XE diesel has the lower configuration.
My bad. It sure seems to be on the higher side. Royalty payments to Magnetti Marelli maybe
Old 14th August 2014, 14:10   #446
BHPian

From purely a pricing perspective across variants :
  • The XMS appears VFM @ 18K more than XM.
  • The XMA (AMT) appears overpriced @ 72K more than XM (AMT in Celerio was approx 39K more than manual at launch)
  • The XMA (AMT) not offering airbags is a big let down considering all safety features were offered for only 18K more in XMS.
Old 14th August 2014, 14:42   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
[*]The XMA (AMT) appears overpriced @ 72K more than XM (AMT in Celerio was approx 39K more than manual at launch)
The AMT box in the Celerio and in the Zest are different.
Going by the teambhp drive impressions of the Zest AMT, it is much more smooth in comparison to Celerio AMT.
Lets also factor the AMT box of the Zest is higher torque rated and hence must be a costlier proposition for sure.
Please also see that the Zest diesel AMT still looks FAR MORE VFM as a Package as compared to the Celerio AMT(which has many other options also in the market)
Lets not compare the difference in price of the Celerio MT and AMT versus the Zest MT and AMT.

Last edited by madhu33 : 14th August 2014 at 14:43.
Old 14th August 2014, 15:20   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  • The XMA (AMT) appears overpriced @ 72K more than XM (AMT in Celerio was approx 39K more than manual at launch)
  • The XMA (AMT) not offering airbags is a big let down considering all safety features were offered for only 18K more in XMS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
The AMT box in the Celerio and in the Zest are different.
The gearboxes in the Zest and Celerio are different, however the common component (which is the automation equipment supplied by MM) should be similar, with differences in programming and mechanical strength/force to handle the diesel's heavier clutch in the Zest. These should not make that great a difference in cost.

I think Tata is trying to make the best of the cheap Diesel+AT first-mover advantage.

Another possibility could be that since Maruti sales sort of guarantee a much higher volume, component suppliers will accept a smaller per-piece margin than they would offer Tata.

This is my opinion, though, and I may be completely wrong. Please update if anyone has data/facts to prove that the equipment in the Tata is that much more expensive.
Old 14th August 2014, 15:49   #449
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Quote:
[*]The XMA (AMT) appears overpriced @ 72K more than XM (AMT in Celerio was approx 39K more than manual at launch)[*]The XMA (AMT) not offering airbags is a big let down considering all safety features were offered for only 18K more in XMS.[/list]
That's exactly what I thought when I saw the brochure. I was expecting an upside of 45-50K on the AMT, however with 72k upside, they are neither providing the top end infotainment, no DRL, no airbags, no voice command recognition, no seat height adjust.

Personally feel it is a bit overpriced, or other models are priced lower.

Stuck as am not able to decide whether to go for XMA or XT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Don't think Zest will affect Xcent in big way but Amaze will be dented for sure due to its poor interiors and production constraints. I expect Zest to do 5k+ at least in the first few months.
Those who will read the brochure in-depth :

1. Variant - by - variant Pricing
2. Safety Features at that price point
3. Most Important : Engine specs
4. Finally take a longish TD of both vehicles

Will outright reject the Xcent. The torque on the Tata tuned 90bhp Qjet is simply mindblowing. Saying this as I have a Vista D90 and Vista 75 at home and can see the difference.

Moreover the seats at the rear are sure 3 fit at the rear on the Zest, but not on the Xcent.

Being heavier of the lot, Zest has better driving dynamics. The suspension setup on this one is similar to my Vista D90 which has been improved and the body roll is quite controlled.

You do not realize when touching triple digits due to body weight and feels very safe.

Last edited by GTO : 15th August 2014 at 15:21. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 14th August 2014, 16:08   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
That's exactly what I thought when I saw the brochure. I was expecting an upside of 45-50K on the AMT, however with 72k upside, they are neither providing the top end infotainment, no DRL, no airbags, no voice command recognition, no seat height adjust.

Personally feel it is a bit overpriced, or other models are priced lower.

Stuck as am not able to decide whether to go for XMA or XT.
Wow! Zest is overpriced? the first thing that came to my mind on seeing the pricing of the Tata Zest XMA was that it was definitely value for money. The Honda Amaze with lesser kit i.e. S AT is priced at 6.70 lakhs whereas the Zest being a diesel AT is priced at 6.99 L. Please do keep in mind that the XMA is equipped with ABS+EBD. I guess that the attractive introductory price has just made everyone a little too greedy

However, I do agree that the TaMo should have introduced an XTA variant too which eventually they will, after all the hype about the introductory price has subsided. Nevertheless, the pricing seems spot on IMO.

Last edited by S2!!! : 14th August 2014 at 16:12.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks