Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2014, 06:42   #586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
I cancelled my online booking for a petrol XMS. The procedure says send an email to 'connect@tatamotors.com' for cancellation and the money will be refunded in 21 days. I sent an email 5 days back, and a reminder 2 days back; but not getting any acknowledgement.

Called the dealership (Hyson motors, Thrissur, KL) and they plainly washed their hands stating you booked online and you have to deal directly with Tata. Looks like Tata hasn't changed much. Anybody got suggestions on what to do next? I will call their Tollfree number 800 209 7979 and see what their response is.
I am in the same boat :/ I need a car in September & am getting no delivery date even though I booked in end-July. Will cancel this week if I don't get a confirmation by email.
Old 26th August 2014, 07:00   #587
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

For all who complained that Tata wasn't advertising the Zest enough, well, they have listened to you and they have a 4 page flier in today's TOI edition.

Looks Impressive !

My FIL noticed this saying, they have attached the car keys with the advt. If Tata Motors wanted to draw attention by doing so, they certainly achieved their goal.
sachinayak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 08:26   #588
BHPian

Quote:
I cancelled my online booking for a petrol XMS. The procedure says send an email to 'connect@tatamotors.com' for cancellation and the money will be refunded in 21 days. I sent an email 5 days back, and a reminder 2 days back; but not getting any acknowledgement.

Called the dealership (Hyson motors, Thrissur, KL) and they plainly washed their hands stating you booked online and you have to deal directly with Tata. Looks like Tata hasn't changed much. Anybody got suggestions on what to do next? I will call their Tollfree number 800 209 7979 and see what their response is.
If its of any consolation to you, I had cancelled our booking on 12th Aug. Yet to receive an acknowledgement or any followups. Sort of vindicates the decision to cancel the booking.

We too need a car by the first weeks of September, though that was not the only reason for the cancellation. The after-sales gremlin sort of prevailed is the short version.
Old 26th August 2014, 08:34   #589
BHPian

A strange thing happened yesterday.

In my office, there was a display of the Zest and the Elitei20.

Simple comparison:

1. Build Quality : Elitei20 has an edge here. The doors close with a nice silence.

2. Rear Seat Space: Zest has acres of space, where i20 is strictly for 2 adults and an infant. It also feels very claustrophobic in the i20.

3. Headroom and Legroom: Tata is a winner. Hands down. In the i20, with the front seating position of a 5"8' guy, there was barely space for me to move my legs. Me being a 5"7'.

4. Ingress and Degress - Zest is like you just walk in and out. With the i20, I had to literally pick myself out. Quite a task for someone used to the Vista/Zest style of seating.

I must say the i20 looked stunning in Red.

Someone who wants to flaunt, then it's i20. But if someone was to use the topmost floor, Zest it is.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 09:55   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
For all who complained that Tata wasn't advertising the Zest enough, well, they have listened to you and they have a 4 page flier in today's TOI edition.

Looks Impressive !

My FIL noticed this saying, they have attached the car keys with the advt. If Tata Motors wanted to draw attention by doing so, they certainly achieved their goal.
Good marketing strategy by Tata for the Zest. Here is the picture of the same from TOI

Tata Zest : Official Review-10394022_10153094345543852_3831394947619561224_n.jpg
fusionbang is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 10:03   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post

Looks Impressive !

We had a neat little key which had zest logo and a barcoded number which I guess is for test drive. This was stuck in to the morning TOI front page. Ad.
Old 26th August 2014, 10:04   #592
BHPian

Took a TD of the Zest Petrol on Sunday. I have no intentions of buying a new car but wanted to see what the new car from Tata feels like. My expectations were set high due to the great review that the Zest got. The zest did not disappoint.

The car simply does not feel like a Tata. It handled well, the engine was responsive, the 3 modes in the engine are real and not a cheap gimmick, the NVH levels were very well controlled. So much so that I complained to the SA that the car has a very weak horn. He simply rolled down a window and said try again! Space wise, there is simply no competition to the Zest. I am 6' feet and with the drivers seat in my regular driving position, I was able to get into the rear seat and be comfortable! That's honestly impressive.

Overall, the car felt like a solid package. Having driven the amaze extensively and having spent some time in my friends Xcent, I can say that the Zest is much more impressive than both those cars. IMHO the Honda does not hold any water over the Zest as far as the car goes. Service and dealer experience, yes. Reliability? I guess time will tell. The Xcent, I feel, gets beat in all departments expect fit and finish. The quality of materials in the Xcent is class leading and will take some beating.

Good start Tata. I hope you maintain the high standards you have set with the car though the rest of the ownership experience.
torque!! is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 14:20   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jred View Post
We had a neat little key which had zest logo and a barcoded number which I guess is for test drive. This was stuck in to the morning TOI front page. Ad.
I did not see anything related to Tata Zest with today's TOI, leave alone keys, looks like they missed it.
Old 26th August 2014, 14:37   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jred View Post
Yes I too received the same in TOI newspaper today morning. The bar code is scanned which allows to take test driver and also participate in the contest which involves top prize of base model Zest to the winner. The advt also mentioned that you need to keep the key till the winner is announced.
Old 26th August 2014, 15:16   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I did not see anything related to Tata Zest with today's TOI, leave alone keys, looks like they missed it.
Looks like your newspaper man has taken you for a ride by giving you an old TOI newspaper
Old 26th August 2014, 15:50   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
I am in the same boat :/ I need a car in September & am getting no delivery date even though I booked in end-July. Will cancel this week if I don't get a confirmation by email.
Are you taking a loan for this car? If so, has the dealership collected the documents for processing the loan?

As regards our experience: Till date, no one from Concorde here in Delhi has called us for processing the order wrt documents for the loan etc. And this too after getting the TD done after a lot of delay. They seem to be plain disinterested in selling the vehicle and keep giving excuses that since it's the top model, there is a huge demand and it's getting delayed. And then that the Sky Grey color as booked is only getting manufactured now since the earlier lots were the Blue ones. How can an order booked within 1-2 days of opening of pre-booking take so long to deliver (more than 2 months after it has been pre-booked & more than a month after the product has been launched?). The earliest date given is during Navratra time i.e. 24th Sept onwards!!

There is absolutely no transparency in the order booking and fulfillment process. TML will always remain a third class service provider even if they have now managed to come out with a decent product.
Old 26th August 2014, 16:12   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpaul View Post
Yes I too received the same in TOI newspaper today morning. The bar code is scanned which allows to take test driver and also participate in the contest which involves top prize of base model Zest to the winner. The advt also mentioned that you need to keep the key till the winner is announced.
A nice marketing initiative to increase the footfall at the dealership.

Now, about the contest, I was reading the fine print and one condition is to have a valid driving license with remaining two year validity. I am sure this would disqualify a lot of people, including me, as mine expires this year end. :( Wondering what is the logic behind this requirement.
Old 26th August 2014, 21:56   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Update: One of the TATA area sales managers called me today regarding this post !!! According to him, some one up in the chain has noticed this post and sent a screenshot of this post to him to follow up since he is overseeing the dealership I mentioned (Hyson motors).

He called up my father from the phone number provided in our booking and my father gave him my cell number. I am still confused how they mapped my post to my booking as the booking was in my mother's name and nowhere in this post I provided my name or my father's name or my mother's name or the booking number. One possibility is Hyson motors got only one online cancellation so that the mapping is straightforward

He apologized for the dealership experience and invited me to his office. I politely declined as our brand new fiesta reached home already. He said he will work with the customer care manager and process my cancellation request. Got a follow up call in the evening that the processing has started.

Two items I discussed with him in general
1. Lack of interest/initiative from the dealership - Which he said he will work himself
2. Lack of acknowledgement from customer care - which he said he will pass the message to the customer care manager.

This call was a pleasant surprise since we never experienced a similar one in our existing relation with TATA (we own another Indigo)

It also reveals that TATA is closely observing this thread. Whether its their seniors or their social media teams, some one is paying attention to what fellow bhpians saying here.

Good job TATA. Hope you will correct yourself as discussed.

Last edited by arjithin : 26th August 2014 at 22:09.
arjithin is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 10:01   #599
BHPian

I own a Vista VX Quadrajet (30k kms). My observations after a short TD of the Diesel Zest

1) NVH is exceptional, I couldn't differentiate whether it is a diesel or petrol engine. I have to confirm this twice with the sales rep
2) Central Console & instrument cluster looks cool and are much better in quality.
3) The dashboard plastic itself was a disappointment. Vista has 'soft' plastic which are usually present in cars a segment above, surprisingly this was missing in Zest
4) The clutch was "super" light, even lighter than my chevy spark. In my spark & Vista I can comfortably "rest" my left foot on the clutch during long drives, but it will not be possible on Zest as resting the foot will result in depressing the clutch. Dead pedal will be sorely missed. Sales rep confirmed that the clutch is similar in other Diesel Zests as well.
5) I "felt" that the doors were lighter compared with Vista.
6) Steering wheel was super good to operate, response 'feel' was much better than Vista.
7) Vista has a mild turbo kick around ~2000 rpm, this was missing in Zest. It was as if I was driving a petrol engine, acceleration was linear.
Lord Lucan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 11:19   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Update: One of the TATA area sales managers called me today regarding this post !!! According to him, some one up in the chain has noticed this post and sent a screenshot of this post to him to follow up since he is overseeing the dealership I mentioned (Hyson motors).

It also reveals that TATA is closely observing this thread. Whether its their seniors or their social media teams, some one is paying attention to what fellow bhpians saying here.

Good job TATA. Hope you will correct yourself as discussed.
I sure hope Tata area sales manager for their own Concorde Motors in Mumbai is watching this thread too

As one who booked a Zest end-July even before launch, I am yet to get an email confirmation that I will get my car in September. I have told them I will have to cancel if I dont get such confirmation this week.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks