Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2014, 12:10   #1336
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Whatever is the cause for delays in delivery, its sheer negligence on the part of Tatas when they knew ahead of launch that this one product is going to sell like hot cakes and after a long interval, the customers in this segment are looking forward to put their money to buy Zest, why a serious planning - trim by trim was not carried out.

If AMT and HK touch screen were the USPs for this product, the management should have ensured consistent supplies for these components in order to ensure timely delivery.

Why Tata why !

Last edited by i74js : 27th November 2014 at 12:11.
Old 27th November 2014, 15:36   #1337
BHPian

Tata's team should feel proud to win the best design award for zest, hopefully zest hits it's actual sales potential consistently. http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...rd-391867.aspx
Old 27th November 2014, 15:59   #1338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Whatever is the cause for delays in delivery, its sheer negligence on the part of Tatas when they knew ahead of launch that this one product is going to sell like hot cakes and after a long interval, the customers in this segment are looking forward to put their money to buy Zest, why a serious planning - trim by trim was not carried out.

If AMT and HK touch screen were the USPs for this product, the management should have ensured consistent supplies for these components in order to ensure timely delivery.

Why Tata why !
Probably because Tatas have seen some bad years in terms of sales and were a bit tentative and not-so-optimistic in forecasting the demand for Zest even though it is a very competitive product.
They must have started working on increasing capacity after witnessing huge demand since launch. I am hoping they will do justice to those who have booked Zest and are waiting for their prized possession in the near future
mayankverma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 16:34   #1339
BHPian

I got a call from Mallik Motors, Hyderabad yesterday inquiring about my interest in Zest.

Although I kept my booking at Tejaswi Motors on hold till January 2015, I checked with the Mallik motors guy regarding availability of Zest.

I inquired about Dune Biege XMS & XT models (both Petrol & Diesel).

He replied that XMS models (petrol & diesel) XT (I dont remember which one) are available for delivery and the other XT (probably Petrol) can be delivered within 10 days time.

So guys who are in Hyderabad and want faster deliveries, please check out Mallik motors.

In case you need the sales guy's number, PM me.
Old 27th November 2014, 17:49   #1340
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankverma View Post
Probably because Tatas have seen some bad years in terms of sales and were a bit tentative and not-so-optimistic in forecasting the demand for Zest even though it is a very competitive product.
They must have started working on increasing capacity after witnessing huge demand since launch. I am hoping they will do justice to those who have booked Zest and are waiting for their prized possession in the near future
Fair point mayankverma.
It is OK, if TML was not optimistic in their demand forecasting and there are delays - I believe public will forgive them and slowly the demand will pick up and TML will match it up with increased production.
However, if TML and their dealers are less than 100% transparent in providing delivery estimates for booked Zests, then they will completely lose the public trust and an able vehicle will not realize its potential.

Regards,

JLS
Old 27th November 2014, 23:55   #1341
BHPian

I guess TM did not anticipate people to prefer the Rovotron and XT model in particular. Hence, longer waiting periods for petrol variants and with HK touch screen music system.
Old 28th November 2014, 00:23   #1342
BHPian

I am looking to book the Zest QJD XT here in Gurgaon, but the problem is the waiting period, any chance I might find the colour preference at any of the dealers nearby? Looking for Sky Grey.
Bad by Tata to mismanage the deliveries , but also 2 positive points :
1) They are calling individual owners to provide a fix for the Mud In Engine Bay issue.
2)They have changed the door pads to coffee colour based on customer feedback, so the folks at Tata are really listening.
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 01:19   #1343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvikasagrawal View Post
...I knew that If I consider Tata zest, heart will take over mind. One thing is sure Tata Owners rather listen to their heart...
I am one who loves to listen to my mind than head. But I don't know which other car can tug your heart in that segment! There is NONE if you ask me. But head will always say a "Zest".

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvikasagrawal View Post
...Family and friends "Phir se Tata, Pet nahi bhara"...
Ask all of them whether they have even seen the Zest, let alone be in it. This is the single biggest problem TATA has (more than their production constraints) and they themselves earned it over the years. Buy the car if you like it buddy! Do NOT let others influence you.
Old 28th November 2014, 03:45   #1344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
2)They have changed the door pads to coffee colour based on customer feedback, so the folks at Tata are really listening.
Prerena motors, lal bagh, bangalore SA said coffee colour is only for white and silver zest. is this true?
Old 28th November 2014, 04:23   #1345
BHPian

Finally was able to go and test drive the AMT.

What a beauty. Initially my left leg was searching for that clutch, however it took seconds to realize. This is an AMT.

The cars is pretty peppy in AMT and Auto mode. You can shift from Manual to Auto while on the run.

Gear 1 & 2 are tall and upshift at 2500 rpm, whereas 3 onwards shifts exactly at 2100 rpm.

An ideal car for all age groups. Driving dynamics of the car are pretty good and does not feel its a Tata.

The only thing I felt is missing : "The height seat adjustment".

Overall a car that should lead in the segment.
Old 28th November 2014, 09:52   #1346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaylover View Post
Prerena motors, lal bagh, bangalore SA said coffee colour is only for white and silver zest. is this true?
Not true. I had test driven a blue Revotron some time back and it had coffee coloured dash and door pads. It comes in the top end versions. The colour is called "Latte" in ads.

Last edited by directinjection : 28th November 2014 at 09:54.
directinjection is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 14:09   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaylover View Post
No it is for all the colours,the earlier car did not have them, they have changed the colour based on customer feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Not true. I had test driven a blue Revotron some time back and it had coffee coloured dash and door pads. It comes in the top end versions. The colour is called "Latte" in ads.
refer to this link from theautomotive India ,the change has happened from late October.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...review-12.html
Old 28th November 2014, 21:25   #1348
BHPian

Hello guys,
Got a call from SA to pay some advance as the vehicle is in transit. Please let me know is it advisable to pay money without looking at the vehicle and generate invoice.
Old 28th November 2014, 22:06   #1349
BHPian

The car looks much proportionate now from the rear. I was also planning to install the body kit, but I think its way too expensive at 22 odd k here in Delhi.

As of now, I have just plonked a sub in the boot. There are few interior mods that I have planned in another couple of months. And trust me, those would leave you drooling!
Old 28th November 2014, 22:40   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet_chacha View Post
The car looks much proportionate now from the rear. I was also planning to install the body kit, but I think its way too expensive at 22 odd k here in Delhi.

As of now, I have just plonked a sub in the boot. There are few interior mods that I have planned in another couple of months. And trust me, those would leave you drooling!
U sir are taking us all for a ride. We are waiting for that ownership review for eternity now. We want review!!
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks