Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2014, 13:00   #1291

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Check it out:
http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find-...anufacture-vin
Old 20th November 2014, 17:10   #1292
BHPian

Finally, I have booked a Zest QJT XT version Royal Blue Colour with Prerana Motors Lalbagh Road. Expected delivery time was 3 Weeks!

Initially took a TD of the Zest Revotron. I was pretty impressed with the Engine and the different modes. I have been driving a Diesel Car (again a TATA – Vista) for the past 4 years but the Revotron engine was so tempting to switch back to Petrol.

Like our “Lightning Mc Queen” says in the film Cars: Thunder comes after L.I.G.H.T.N.I.N.G! Boy was I impressed when I drove the QJT version of Zest. It seemed like the engine is even more refined, Gears felt far more smooth and the clutch even smoother! I was sold on the Lesser Noise levels inside the cabin. Also I drive a lot hence made sense to stick with the diesel.

On road comes to Rs. 8,71,577 (including Extended Warranty, AMC and a negotiated Zero Dep Insurance worth Rs. 24,900 with the dealer instead of their standard 26K insurance)

Have attached some pics of the cars from the showroom!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-wp_20141120_12_45_21_pro.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-wp_20141120_12_45_33_pro.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-wp_20141120_12_47_53_pro.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-wp_20141120_12_48_01_pro.jpg  

Last edited by jasonbourne : 20th November 2014 at 17:16. Reason: Picture Edited
jasonbourne is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 19:47   #1293
BHPian

I got the delivery of my zest today. While driving home after work, I put the climate control at 27degC. The traffic at dairy circle is dense, so soon enough the engine temperature had risen up. To my surprise,an air vent near my leg started blowing hot air. But from the face vents the air was cool enough. Any zest owner face the same thing? The owners manual doesn't say anything about this.
Old 20th November 2014, 20:10   #1294
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
I got the delivery of my zest today. While driving home after work, I put the climate control at 27degC. The traffic at dairy circle is dense, so soon enough the engine temperature had risen up. To my surprise,an air vent near my leg started blowing hot air. But from the face vents the air was cool enough. Any zest owner face the same thing? The owners manual doesn't say anything about this.

You would have put the Aircon in Auto mode. Also the outside temperature must be lower than the 27 deg that u set inside so it automatically began to blow hot air in the footwell.

For cold climates its best to have warm air directed at your feet so all automatic Aircon systems will behave similarly. In all probability the Aircon would have also switched to Fresh Air mode as well if it was in Recirculate mode.

This is standard behaviour and you need not worry about it. Sure, there should be a proper explanation in the Owners manual which is normally missed out.
AAD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 20:49   #1295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
It was a very small info provided in the manual. Definitely will be overlooked by anyone including me!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-untitled.jpg  

jasonbourne is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 21:08   #1296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbourne View Post
It was a very small info provided in the manual. Definitely will be overlooked by anyone including me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD View Post

This is standard behaviour and you need not worry about it. Sure, there should be a proper explanation in the Owners manual which is normally missed out.
Never have I have been more thankful to be a part of Teambhp. 10 mins after I post something that would scare any new car owner, my brethren at team BHP turn up to comfort me. Thank you guys for taking time out of your day to help me out. I also reached the same conclusion after experimenting with the different temperature settings. I was logging in to report my findings. Your comments bring me validation. Phew, that was a tense hour.
nijelj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 23:01   #1297
BHPian

Hi Happy Zest Owners!

I have a 2011 Liva V Petrol, I am tempted to swap it with a Revotron XT, from all the experiences shared here, do you guys suggest I go ahead with the swap ?

I have completed 30K kms in the Liva and have no issues with it, or is it too early to dump it ?
Old 20th November 2014, 23:59   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD View Post
You would have put the Aircon in Auto mode. Also the outside temperature must be lower than the 27 deg that u set inside so it automatically began to blow hot air in the footwell.

For cold climates its best to have warm air directed at your feet so all automatic Aircon systems will behave similarly. In all probability the Aircon would have also switched to Fresh Air mode as well if it was in Recirculate mode.

Indeed I'm used to this behavior and I like it since winter is slowly setting in. When I return from office the auto mode automatically controls every aspect of the air con. It's actually pretty nifty! At morning when I'm just setting off the air flow is directed at the wind shield. Then it changes to front vents. Fan speed also changes all in all if you choose the right temperature it really controls the cabin temperature beautifully.
There are 3 sensors the left knob for fan speed has a sensor I'm the middle for inside temperature and there's one in front engine bay area of the car. Also there is a light sensor right next to the windshield vents on the right, not very sure about it's use. I presume it uses all these sensors to come up with various outputs of the ac like fan speed temp and humidity control.
Guys I'm completely in love with the car 620 kms so far and it's a joy to ride. I still have my fingers crossed but I think it's an absolute vfm product from Tata.
The accessories from Tata Motors is of very good quality I got 4 mats Zest branded and it's really good, I'll use it on top of the full mat! These mat absorb dust but still looks cleaner compared to rubber mats. Also the driver side one has extra re-inforcements, anti slip backing, read the cleaning instructions. It does not make the cabin dusty. Just vacuum it and it's clean again. I'm looking for genuine TML full matting but all are out of stock at kolkata. Has anybody got genuine Tata Zest full mats including luggage bay?

Last edited by arindam_xeta : 21st November 2014 at 00:07.
arindam_xeta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 08:12   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
When I checked last during a test drive visit, the DRLs automatically switch off when you turn lights on - Even just parking lights / angel eyes. So if you want the projectors and DRLs together I don't think the pictures will have it. Unless the wiring is fiddled with a bit .

You are so right! This point just slipped off my mind!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbourne View Post
Finally, I have booked a Zest QJT XT version Royal Blue Colour with Prerana Motors Lalbagh Road. Expected delivery time was 3 Weeks!

Initially took a TD of the Zest Revotron. I was pretty impressed with the Engine and the different modes. I have been driving a Diesel Car (again a TATA – Vista) for the past 4 years but the Revotron engine was so tempting to switch back to Petrol.

Like our "Lightning Mc Queen" says in the film Cars: Thunder comes after L.I.G.H.T.N.I.N.G! Boy was I impressed when I drove the QJT version of Zest. It seemed like the engine is even more refined, Gears felt far more smooth and the clutch even smoother! I was sold on the Lesser Noise levels inside the cabin. Also I drive a lot hence made sense to stick with the diesel.

On road comes to Rs. 8,71,577 (including Extended Warranty, AMC and a negotiated Zero Dep Insurance worth Rs. 24,900 with the dealer instead of their standard 26K insurance)

Have attached some pics of the cars from the showroom!
First, congrats on your booking!

Was a bit confused reading through your post. Understood that you were initially impressed with Revotron XT but finally booked a QJD XT!

Did you happen to click those pictures last Sunday?
Old 21st November 2014, 16:35   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
First, congrats on your booking!

Was a bit confused reading through your post. Understood that you were initially impressed with Revotron XT but finally booked a QJD XT!

Did you happen to click those pictures last Sunday?
Thank you! I first made a TD of Revotron Petrol and thought about switching over to Petrol. But a week later when I Test Drove a QJT, thoughts about Revotron went out of the window! So booked a Diesel now.

NO, the pictures were taken Yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.shankar View Post
Hi Happy Zest Owners!

I have a 2011 Liva V Petrol, I am tempted to swap it with a Revotron XT, from all the experiences shared here, do you guys suggest I go ahead with the swap ?

I have completed 30K kms in the Liva and have no issues with it, or is it too early to dump it ?
I would recommend you to take a TD of Zest Revotron once and then Decide. If the vehicle satisfies all your requirements then definitely you can switch over! I have driven Liva as well as Zest. I can surely say Zest scores well above Liva in all aspects!

Last edited by moralfibre : 24th November 2014 at 10:26. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 22nd November 2014, 07:59   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Podium finish for #DESIGNEXT as Zest from Tata Motors makes a clean sweep at the CII Design Excellence Awards 2014 with multiple wins!
Tata Zest : Official Review-111.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/TataMotorsG...type=1&theater
sachinayak is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2014, 11:37   #1302
BHPian

All right guys. Apologies for the delay, but here are the day light pics of my XT diesel

And the last pic will leave you all droooooling!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20141123_104008.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20141123_104140.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20141123_104223.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20141123_104024.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20141123_104127.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20141123_104200.jpg  

bullet_chacha is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2014, 11:50   #1303
BHPian

Tata Zest : Official Review

The car looks good. And it would be great if you can let us know what has been added to the HU.

By the way, from the first pic, it looks like both the front and rear wheels are not at the center with respect to the wheel arches. What is with it ? Is that a prob with the pic or is it really like that ? I have seen the Zest in person only once and hence the question.
Old 23rd November 2014, 12:05   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
The car looks good. And it would be great if you can let us know what has been added to the HU.

By the way, from the first pic, it looks like both the front and rear wheels are not at the center with respect to the wheel arches. What is with it ? Is that a prob with the pic or is it really like that ? I have seen the Zest in person only once and hence the question.

Thank you for pointing out...I don't know, what's the problem. Will take a look once again and check

Also, the sub is running on an audison amp pushing around 1200wrms. Since the HU does not come with pre outs for amp, a connector had to be added.

I'm planning some further upgrades such as seat covers in red, gloss black roof wrap, powder coating the alloys, HIDs and a speaker upgrade to components by focal/hertz.
Old 23rd November 2014, 13:07   #1305
Distinguished - BHPian

My friend's Zest XT diesel arrived yesterday. Finished the PDI and here we go with a few pictures. The XT now comes with the 18 spoke alloys than the 8 spoke ones. Personally I like the 18 spoke ones.

Tata Zest : Official Review-20141122_162450.jpg

Tata Zest : Official Review-20141122_162436.jpg

Tata Zest : Official Review-20141122_162429.jpg

Nice attention to detail. The windshield wiper spray tank has an over flow pipe to neat get the water out than spilling it in the engine bay.

Tata Zest : Official Review-20141122_154521.jpg

Delivery is slated for next Sunday. I will get to use this car frequently and will keep updating on the experience.
nkrishnap is online now   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks