Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2014, 17:37   #421
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Moderator Aditya has prepared this useful feature comparison chart. Should be immensely useful for those considering the Zest

Tata Zest : Official Review-tata-zest-features.png
GTO is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 17:45   #422
BHPian

Today Tata had put Zest on display at Bagmane Tech Park. The display car was a Quadrajet XT. I saw the car's interiors in flesh for the first time and I was really impressed. I was able to hear the music from the Harman. It was really good. I overheard some people saying how the (overall) quality is unlike Tata and so on.

A Revotron XT and a Quadrajet XT were also available for test drive. Couldn't TD them unfortunately as I did not have time to wait.
Old 13th August 2014, 19:21   #423
BHPian

Mumbai Zest pricing sheet from Concorde.

The top end Revotron is somewhat about my pricing prediction, but thats because I underestimated the local taxes!

But its still VFM based on the features, assuming the components will be durable & long lasting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Theres a 3 year warranty for both the Quadrajet & Revotron. Upto how many kms? I don't think they've mentioned that anywhere as yet, but I guess its the standard 1lakh km. 3YR Maintenance is also mentioned, but no details yet.

There is NO Extended warranty. I hoped they'll give EW atleast to show confidence in the Revotron.
There IS extended warranty available of 1 year, at about 8K INR. The Sales rep said it would extended by 1 year and additional 50K kms - which seemed a bit high to me. This is ONLY warranty not RSA or maintenance.

To me the 3-3-3 package of 3 yrs warranty, 3 years maintenance PLUS 3 years Road Side Assistance already included in the price is a real confidence booster - this was first pioneered by GM with Aveo/Spark.

Note from Support - Posts merged. Please use the "Multi-Quote" feature to reply to multiple posts, instead of submitting back to back posts. See this on how to use this feature.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-image0001.jpg  

Last edited by n_aditya : 13th August 2014 at 20:00. Reason: Posts merged
gsurya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 21:14   #424
Senior - BHPian

Wow. So many people posting enthusiastically. Great work done by Tata & kudos to them for that. I am sure this car will have higher quality & reliability than previous cars. What i liked about Zest is -

1 All models have Alloy wheels. Just great !!! My long time wish is complete with this.
2 All models have AC, no cheap model without AC.
3 All models have Tilt steering, which is not high tech but some companies showcase it as a additional feature which i hate.
4 Almost all models have electric mirrors, again great move.
5 All models have central locking, again cool. Now a days its very basic & much needed feature.
6 Service interval of 15 K is too good. Blessing for high mile crunching people.

Finally after all these feature list, pricing is spot on. No complaints there as well.

Well Done Tata. Wishing all the best & hope you will get great success.
aniketi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 21:19   #425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Moderator Aditya has prepared this useful feature comparison chart. Should be immensely useful for those considering the Zest

Attachment 1273970
Diesel AT does not get Airbags? That's not too good. Considering it is a segment first and the cheapest diesel AT by a long way, they should have provided AT with the top end diesel also.

Alloy wheels across the range is cool, but Airbags across the range would have been better.
Old 13th August 2014, 21:20   #426
BHPian

In my friends circle there are four Tatas including mine. One is a manza aura safire90 ( petrol), second one is a vista mjd, then a nano and mine is a vista safire65.

The age is between 2.5 to 4.5 years mine being the oldest. Till date all the cars have proven to be reliable, comfortable and in my case even extremely well put together.

So long term reliability esp considering these are the X1 platform cars will surely be good.

So much so that one of them is considering replacing his vista with the zest soon and he was a die hard non tata person once

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
torquecurve is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 23:20   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Moderator Aditya has prepared this useful feature comparison chart. Should be immensely useful for those considering the Zest ...
Awesome! JUST what I was looking for. Thanks !

1 Doubt
: What is CSC (in ABS with EBD & CSC row)? Cornering Stability Control? Is it the same/similar thing as ESP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Today Tata had put Zest on display at Bagmane Tech Park....Couldn't TD them unfortunately as I did not have time to wait.
I guess they're also on display in Bangalore showrooms now (Atleast Concorde Dairy Circle confirmed the same). Test Drives will be available from 19th August onwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
...I underestimated the local taxes!
True. Everytime theres a Launch, the prices seem awesome until we add Insurance + Local Taxes + 'Registration Charges'. I simply multiply the price into 1.2 nowadays.

Quote:
...But its still VFM based on the features, assuming the components will be durable & long lasting...
Thats 100% true, IMO the ONLY reason someone will not buy the top end right now is
1) They want AT
2) Limited funds (with all due respect, (absolutely) everyone has limits).

Quote:
There IS extended warranty available of 1 year, at about 8K INR. The Sales rep said it would extended by 1 year and additional 50K kms - which seemed a bit high to me. This is ONLY warranty not RSA or maintenance.
Thats abit steep for just 1 year extra. But 50k kms is a good number. Incase someone is a heavy user.

Quote:
...To me the 3-3-3 package of 3 yrs warranty, 3 years maintenance PLUS 3 years Road Side Assistance already included in the price is a real confidence booster - this was first pioneered by GM with Aveo/Spark...
(Late) Karl Slym first formulated this scheme when he was in GM - Chevy. I'm happy they're continuing with it. Puts off maintenance burden from consumers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Wow. So many people posting enthusiastically...
Party this is because its like the first car that such a mass manufacturer literally took suggestions first hand from end consumers and made us a car using all their resources & expertise. IMO this car is truly an absolute all rounder.

Great work by Karl at transforming TATA. KUDOS.

Everyone : Guys, its quite obvious the AMT wasn't announced on the top end to put a cap on the price range. I expect they will soon offer they AMT on the top variant too. Maybe for a 25k premium.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 13th August 2014 at 23:31.
Old 13th August 2014, 23:30   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Awesome! JUST what I was looking for. Thanks !

1 Doubt
: What is CSC (in ABS with EBD & CSC row)? Cornering Stability Control?

I guess they're also on display in Bangalore showrooms now (Atleast Concorde Dairy Circle confirmed the same). Test Drives will be available from 19th August onwards.
Yes, Corner Stability Control.

Any word from Concorde about when the deliveries will begin?
Old 13th August 2014, 23:38   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Yes, Corner Stability Control.
OK... Is it same as /similar to ESP?

Quote:
Any word from Concorde about when the deliveries will begin?
Nope, actually I didn't ask as I was in a meeting, will call and find out by tomorrow.

Btw, sales guys seem excited to make people know the car. I'm sure it'll be a relief to them as well, as they see growing customers interest after so many months of slowing sales.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 13th August 2014 at 23:40.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 23:50   #430
BANNED

Quote:
Wow. So many people posting enthusiastically. Great work done by Tata & kudos to them for that.
One thing that makes me immensely happy is the thread is ALL positives for the 'Zest' and 'Tata'. So many queries, thoughts etc for one car from a company that was dormant.

Take any earlier thread, all it had was negativity and abuse for their shoddy quality of manufacture and poor ASC standards.

Time for Tata to scale up production and QA standards in production and servicing.

Quote:
Well Done Tata. Wishing all the best & hope you will get great success.
Hope Tata gets the needed success and brings in much better cars for we Indians.
Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 13th August 2014 at 23:52.
Old 13th August 2014, 23:51   #431
Senior - BHPian

Took a Test drive of the top end diesel automatic today, and was floored by the Zest. Some of the features that really impressed us were: Sheer cabin space (We managed to seat 4 adults in the rear seat with very little difficulty), the phenomenal quality of interiors with fantastic plastic quality, lovely switches, amazing music system and very well integrated parking assist. The voice commands for the ac and music system were the icing on the he cake. We also loved the suspension, ride handling, brakes were spot on, the car honestly did not feel like a Tata car at all. To top it all, the mind blowing tail lights, and the projector lamps were too cool, this car looks very pretty at night. We've decided to book the petrol variant this weekend.

Some of the suggestions for Tata would be the option for an Amt in the petrol and diesel top end, the airbags should be optional at least in all variants. The boot lid should have a plastic cladding at least. But we were extremely satisfied with the car and we're waiting to welcome this new Zest into our lives.

P.S.: I like the car so much I'm contemplating buying shares in Tata motors. I really think they have a game changer here.
Lalvaz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 23:57   #432
BHPian

Quote:
OK... Is it same as /similar to ESP?

Nope, actually I didn't ask as I was in a meeting, will call and find out by tomorrow.

Btw, sales guys seem excited to make people know the car. I'm sure it'll be a relief to them as well, as they see growing customers interest after so many months of slowing sales.
No idea :P
All the reviewers only seem to mention that it is for better stability around the corner. I'd like to know more about it as well.
Old 14th August 2014, 08:21   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Took a Test drive of the top end diesel automatic today, and was floored by the Zest.
Some of the suggestions for Tata would be the option for an Amt in the petrol and diesel top end, the airbags should be optional at least in all variants.
Was it a typo [top end Diesel AUTOMATIC] ?

Prem.
Old 14th August 2014, 08:57   #434
BHPian

Very competetive pricing from Tata keeping the Indian mind in focus. But then again I will surely go for a proven petrol engine from Maruti's stable if I have to buy a sedan in the first place. Revotron engine needs time to prove its reliability in day-to-day conditions. I cant remmber a time when Tata Petrol engines were a hit on the Indian roads but this time I do hope Tata came out with a much reliable engine.
Old 14th August 2014, 09:04   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Was it a typo [top end Diesel AUTOMATIC] ?

Prem.
Sorry, a typo indeed. It was the manual gearbox, the AMT was not available for TD.
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks