Team-BHP - Maruti S-Cross : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti S-Cross : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/166376-maruti-s-cross-official-review-145.html)

Just realised, those looking at Zeta 1.6 aren't as lucky as the guys who opted for Zeta 1.3. You missout on some very nice features like ACC on the Zeta 1.6.
Zeta 1.3 is the most VFM variant in the entire S-Cross lineup!!

As expected, production of the S-Cross 1.6 is being cut down to something like just 40-50 cars during the festive season in Nov-Dec!

ET News report, a friend told me a similar program was aired on Zee Business Hour also earlier this week.

Source:ET News, video from Youtube - Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 3837926)
As expected, production of the S-Cross 1.6 is being cut down to something like just 40-50 cars during the festive season in Nov-Dec!

Now that's not good news BUT this was bound to happen thanks to the excellent pricing for the 1.6L MJD variants. Not that Maruti can be blamed fully because it is an import and the extra charges are a burden anyway. Hope Maruti gets the permission to produce this engine locally so the net pricing is reduced to something bare-able and buy-able!

Anyone has clue regarding the offers on S Cross in the month of November? The dealer in Kolkata are clueless whether the festive offers will be continued in the month of November or not?

Offers would be there, but no one is sure on the quantum. One NEXA dealer mentioned it would be reduced another NEXA dealer mentioned it would be increased.

With dismal sales, i see no reason as to why they would reduce the discount.

Is this the beginning of the end for the S-Cross?

There is nothing faulting the product. Rear discs, good leg room at the rear, full size comfortable seats all around, enough space in the boot, the 1.6 DDiS makes for an ideal cruiser on the quadrilaterals and expressways etc.

I think this was the reason the car was not introduced years ago. If I remember correctly, Suzuki was selling the hatchback version of the SX-4 all over the world and consciously did not bring it to India. All those guys who advocated not bringing down the car then would now be covering their faces with their sleeves and chuckling away

What I think was the last nail in the coffin was the Baleno. 90% of the S-Cross with 60% of the price

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillout (Post 3838330)
Offers would be there, but no one is sure on the quantum. One NEXA dealer mentioned it would be reduced another NEXA dealer mentioned it would be increased.

With dismal sales, i see no reason as to why they would reduce the discount.

With due respect, where do you get your figures from.

http://management-punditz.blogspot.i...-2015.html?m=1

A healthy 3600 units with just 70-80 outlets in September seem dismal to you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by t0m (Post 3838516)
With due respect, where do you get your figures from.

http://management-punditz.blogspot.i...-2015.html?m=1

A healthy 3600 units with just 70-80 outlets in September seem dismal to you?

Tom, I was referring about the 1.6, out of 3600 units we don't know how many where 1.3. I also hope you saw the youtube link that was posted earlier on the production cut of the 1.6 due to poor sales.

The car is good. Period. Sales numbers are based on various factors. 1.3 is doing good business. Lets appreciate maruti is able to crack till 13 lakh segment. Now they just need to learn from this experience for their next attempt to crack 16 lakh bracket segment. IMO maruti made very nice effort, saying this from use of car and convenience it offers. As for 1.3, i think it has no competition for value it offers as an all round package at 11-13 lakhs.

Just back from Nexa showroom.

I spoke to the Senior Relationship Manager at Nexa Pune. He told me that he only managed to sell 8 1.6 litre as oppose to 520 odd 1.3. So yes 1.6 is in trouble but 1.3 is selling really well.

So finally i am going to go with 1.3 Zeta as there is no point in spending those ~2 lakhs more on Alpha for 4 nice to have features. SRM told me that if i start process tomorrow, I can get the delivery by next Monday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 3838613)
So finally i am going to go with 1.3 Zeta as there is no point in spending those ~2 lakhs more on Alpha for 4 nice to have features. SRM told me that if i start process tomorrow, I can get the delivery by next Monday.

That's great news Ajay. Advance congratulations on the SCross.

Maruti will reduce process by Feb'16 on the 1.6 variants at least to finish off the stocks.

The Kizashi also was a decent offering and I personally know a person who is happy with his ride,however we all know the end result.

No one is worried about the build and features of the S Cross and the 1.3 will find takers.

Its only the pricing of the 1.6 which gave a blow to its sale. I personally would love to own one, but its definitely pricey, for the engine and transmission are imported which results in a higher cost.

So, officially the 1.6 S-Cross would be one rare car in few days time.
Reminded me of Polo 1.6, Fusion 1.6, Chevy SR-V 1.6, Fabia 1.6.

The reason for their disaster was that they were Petrol ones, wrt S-Cross it was other P that is Price, to hell with other two Ps i.e. Power and Performance.

Well, sad to see that model with the 1.6 diesel isn't doing well. :Frustrati Also, MSIL should have retained the European design with the space saver tyre.

The S-Cross is an excellent product, but the 1.6 will not continue to do well due to the price.

I just think Maruti missed a trick with the Ciaz and the S-Cross. They should have plonked the 1.6 diesel in both the cars.

They could have worked their math and tried to justify the investment for a local assembly for the 1.6.

If MSIL wants to move upmarket, they must understand that upper segment buyer aren't as fuel economy conscious like the lower segment buyer. :deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 3838613)
I spoke to the Senior Relationship Manager at Nexa Pune. He told me that he only managed to sell 8 1.6 litre as oppose to 520 odd 1.3. So yes 1.6 is in trouble but 1.3 is selling really well.

That's a 65:1 Ratio. Shocked.

I dont think Maruti will discontinue 320 . NEXA is incomplete without 1.6

To retain the premiumness associated with NEXA they may switch to built-to-order type for 1.6 depending on the demand