Team-BHP - Maruti S-Cross : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti S-Cross : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/166376-maruti-s-cross-official-review-148.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 3842504)
The S Cross' declining sales is worrying me. From 4K+ it's down to just about 3K in just 3 months.

I am seriously confused now whether to go ahead with my purchase or not.

It's actually good for you. Try and push for more discounts and get the 1.6 :)

I don't think the S-Cross will become a history soon. It's a good car, and if Suzuki is serious about its change of image, cars like this have to stay in the market.

Quote:

The S Cross' declining sales is worrying me. From 4K+ it's down to just about 3K in just 3 months.

Let's understand one thing. The sales figures in our country is not really an ideal way for a BHPian to consider while booking a car. These figures instead give us an overall outlook of what people in our country look for in a car when they set out to buy one. I feel value for money, looks, features and "kitna deti hai" definitely play a big role in a consumer's decision (majority of them). Not to forget the A.S.S which I myself consider very important for an overall experience during the ownership life of the car.

That said, the S cross is a product not everyone can appreciate and I don't blame anyone for it. It's a well built, great package, selling at "just the right" price (and I say this for the 1.3 !) Suzuki product. What you get is, peace of mind and a car that will go places without you have to think twice!

With this whole concept of Nexa, and with 70-80 dealerships till date (correct me if I'm wrong!) and bland looks (what will my neighbour think - "ajeeb bewakoof hai, Creata leni chaiye thi") it's still doing decent numbers.

I would say, if you really like what the 1.3 offers and it suits your need, just forget about the numbers and go ahead with your purchase. At the end of the day you are the one who's gonna drive it and you should be satisfied. These figures, especially in case of Suzuki don't matter much, the car has 99% localization so be least worried about A.S.S

Note: And if you can really consider the 1.6 then just go for it!! I have TD'd it twice and I still can't get enough of it. There are hardly any cars that drive like the 1.6 in the <15L range and that provide the assurance/reliability of Suzuki.

Good luck :thumbs up

Quote:

You should understand selling 3000+ S Cross's at its price point in its limited Nexa outlets (~ 80, not yet reached 100) is commendable.
Secondly it is a car from Maruti Suzuki, it will not fade off so easily:)

However if you are looking at owing a car which will set the monthly charts on fire then I suggest you look else where.

Quote:

The S Cross' declining sales is worrying me. From 4K+ it's down to just about 3K in just 3 months. I am seriously confused now whether to go ahead with my purchase or not.

Buddy, I bought a Fiesta in July. The car was not selling at all and production was stopped just after that. Why do you worry how much it is selling? If you like the S-Cross, just get it. Many excellent cars have not really managed to be sales success in our country. E.g. the original Baleno. We have a 2006 Baleno and it is still serving us good with original suspension and clutch after 120000 km.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 3842513)
It's actually good for you. Try and push for more discounts and get the 1.6 :)
I don't think the S-Cross will become a history soon. It's a good car, and if Suzuki is serious about its change of image, cars like this have to stay in the market.

Very well said. Nexa need to sell more S-Cross. Customer should be happy to buy a car that the dealership wants to sell. That is where you get maxinun discounts and feebies on top of company's discounts.

-
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aston Singh (Post 3842515)
Let's understand one thing. The sales figures in our country is not really an ideal way for a BHPian to consider while booking a car.
With this whole concept of Nexa, and with 70-80 dealerships till date (correct me if I'm wrong!) and bland looks (what will my neighbour think - "ajeeb bewakoof hai, Creata leni chaiye thi") it's still doing decent numbers.

I agree. People have mouths, they would say whatever they wish to. If they call you a bevkoof for buying an S-Cross, what would they be calling me for buying a Fiesta? So, its your need, your money, your car. Get the one you want to. I would buy a car of people's choice if people pay for it.

I think a lot of prospective buyers now are worried about the monthly numbers more than the capabilities of the car which of course will impact resale value. Of course it's not going to achieve creta numbers, but that shouldn't be a benchmark for evaluation. No car will rule the charts year on year unless it's a swift/dzire/wagonr.

See what happened with Aspire, it's the most vfm packaging. It has everything from engine, dynamics, price but still charts don't do justice as it has huge discounts for a new car. Don't be surprised to see similar fate for figo. Most people buying cars are not petrol heads and prefer to flow with the tide.

The strong point of s-cross is 1.3 packaging(which is also the weak point of creta 1.4) and it will do well in coming months. But, maruti can sweeten the deal for 1.6 as well so as to find more buyers. Right now with 90k plus some more benefits, 1.6 is surely available at the right price.

So, to all future buyers, don't just believe anything spoken or written about any of the cars. Take as many test drives and finalize depending on the need and budget. But, it's not going to be a market dud for sure and I think the sales figures might improve in coming months as some people looking for baleno will compare and some will go for it due to waiting periods.

Given a chance(again), I will opt for 1.6 zeta if available below 15l OTR and delta 1.6 is not bad either below 14l OTR. Believe me that's a mean machine at 15l.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sou_3749 (Post 3842552)
I think a lot of prospective buyers now are worried about the monthly numbers more than the capabilities of the car which of course will impact resale value. Of course it's not going to achieve creta numbers, but that shouldn't be a benchmark for evaluation. No car will rule the charts year on year unless it's a swift/dzire/wagonr.

See what happened with Aspire, it's the most vfm packaging. It has everything from engine, dynamics, price but still charts don't do justice as it has huge discounts for a new car. Don't be surprised to see similar fate for figo. Most people buying cars are not petrol heads and prefer to flow with the tide.

The strong point of s-cross is 1.3 packaging(which is also the weak point of creta 1.4) and it will do well in coming months. But, maruti can sweeten the deal for 1.6 as well so as to find more buyers. Right now with 90k plus some more benefits, 1.6 is surely available at the right price.

So, to all future buyers, don't just believe anything spoken or written about any of the cars. Take as many test drives and finalize depending on the need and budget. But, it's not going to be a market dud for sure and I think the sales figures might improve in coming months as some people looking for baleno will compare and some will go for it due to waiting periods.

Given a chance(again), I will opt for 1.6 zeta if available below 15l OTR and delta 1.6 is not bad either below 14l OTR. Believe me that's a mean machine at 15l.

Agree completely.

But for Maruti to garner volume in this segment, they have to locally manufacture 1.6, bring the international vitara with this engine and price it around 10L exshowroom for base 1.6 version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sou_3749 (Post 3842552)

+1 to this wonderful observation.
Just to give a perspective, I bought a wonderful car(Subaru(yes not Chevy as I don't like calling that so) Forester) with excellent build quality and terrific reliability and it managed to sell only 25 numbers in Bangalore and 475 pan India in 5 years. And this barely affected my ownership. And with s-cross you have a great product and a national engine with service for few more decades. I don't think sales number should be the primary criteria while buying, but for a resale value it is an indicator. Good sales number is definitely an indicator of how many more people are willing to buy this product. I suggest don't miss out on great products by following the crowd.

Thanks a lot to all for those wonderful posts. Its overwhelming and feels great to be part of this super community.clap:

I called up SA and told him that I am also visiting Renault showroom today to check out the Duster. Please give me your best offer by EOD today so that I can decide whether to go ahead with S Cross or look somewhere else. He said "Sir we are all having a meeting just to discuss your case. I will give you a call in 1 hour and give you our best possible offer. Please don't cancel until then."

I haggled with Renault guys too and they are coming to my office with their team including RM, SA and an evaluator for my current car. :) Heart says S-Cross and brain says Duster. Lets see who wins the battle.

Quote:

I don't want to go for Creta just because everyone is pouncing upon it like crazy. I had visited 2 Hyundai showrooms in Pune and the experience was next to worst at both places. The extraordinary success of Creta and i20 Elite has clearly gone into the heads of the showroom staff. They were like "Take it or get lost" kind. Also there is at least 3-4 months waiting period which is beyond my patience.

Its been a month since I took a TD of S-Cross and have not gone to take a TD of Creta for 3 reasons, unavailability of petrol TD vehicle, the current attitude of the dealers and the below par pathetic service at my location (could be the same case in other cities also).

My parents have liked the S-Cross a lot and so has everyone in family. Me and my brother, both are waiting for the Auto Expo 2016 to look at other options available or else we settle for not 1 but 2 S-Crosses amongst us, a 1.6 Alpha for him and a 1.3 Alpha for myself. And trust me, I'm not at all bothered about the current sales of it. What matters is my peace of mind.

Ride quality of Duster is just better than this as per me but I outright rejected it considering service issues. Same goes for Hyundai and Mahindra. Who knows maybe after Auto Expo I end up buying the compact SUV of Maruti!

Had this car come from a company with poor market presence or overall sales, no one sensible would have suggested you this but coming from Maruti, I see no problem in going for it. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 3842774)
.. Heart says S-Cross and brain says Duster. Lets see who wins the battle.

Go with your heart, it will never fail you!
The stories I have heard of Renault border on horror!

Two years ago, I was considering a Duster, but I was so put-off by the attitude of the dealership that I ended up buying a Scorpio Automatic, and I have no regrets.

Had the S Cross been around then, I wouldn't have given a second thought to any other vehicle!

Guys, I have been bitten by this car, booked today 1.3 zeta! As the car is in stock, so we will get delivery on Monday, i.e. on Dhanteras.

It is very difficult to go through all the pages here, so please advice me if there is anything that needs extra attention during PDI? I have already downloaded the Team BHP PDI checklist with me and we are going for PDI tomorrow afternoon.

What is the content of the Nexa Kit, which is costing about Rs. 3,700/- only? According to the RM, it contains Mudflap and footmat. Any other complimentary accessory that I should request?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sallubhai (Post 3843155)
Guys, I have been bitten by this car, booked today 1.3 zeta! As the car is in stock, so we will get delivery on Monday, i.e. on Dhanteras.

It is very difficult to go through all the pages here, so please advice me if there is anything that needs extra attention during PDI? I have already downloaded the Team BHP PDI checklist with me and we are going for PDI tomorrow afternoon.

What is the content of the Nexa Kit, which is costing about Rs. 3,700/- only? According to the RM, it contains Mudflap and footmat. Any other complimentary accessory that I should request?

Congrats! for the new car. The S-Cross is one of the best models from Maruti's stable.

Why don't you get a quote for the Mudflaps and Floor mats from accessories shops, since S-cross has been in market for sometime there will be quite a few options. If the difference isn't much in price and quality you can get it from the dealer.

Ndtvauto.com says DDiS 320 s cross is coming with exchange bonus of 60K. If finance scheme is also available which was their earlier, then the total discount could add up to 110000 rs.

Finally i am going ahead with S Cross 1.3 Zeta. I managed to extract 35k discount from dealer. So i am getting the best art leather seats from MGA and possibly the spoiler as a deal. Of course its impossible to match the finish of genuine leather pack on the Alpha. But the ones i am getting will be similar.

Renault is throwing everything at me in terms of offers such as free reverse camera, art leather seats, 50% discount on insurance and 45k cash discount. Even then S Cross gives me much more at ~2 lakhs lesser price compared to the features of 85 RXL OPTION variant.

As few BHPians have mentioned regarding not so good ASS experience of Renault, S Cross wins the battle.

Gosh! It was a self induced mental torture over last 7-8 weeks which comes to an end.

I will get the delivery only after Diwali as RTO won't register my car before and they have huge workload too. The wait begins...

BTW, the colour is going to be Cafine Brown.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 3843356)
Finally i am going ahead with S Cross 1.3 Zeta. I managed to extract 35k discount from dealer. So i am getting the best art leather seats from MGA and possibly the spoiler as a deal. Of course its impossible to match the finish of genuine leather pack on the Alpha. But the ones i am getting will be similar.

Congratulations on your purchase. Please check regarding the spoiler as it was mentioned somewhere on this thread that it needs to be fixed after drilling holes in the bootlid. I hope that doesn't damage the bootlid and leads to water drainage.

Happy Driving! :thumbs up