Team-BHP - Maruti S-Cross : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti S-Cross : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/166376-maruti-s-cross-official-review-146.html)

Maruti should localise the 1.6 and plonk it in Ertiga and Ciaz. Only then it will sell. I know many people who shy away from 1.6 S-Cross as people are not sure whether they will get engine spares or not a few years down the line.

Regards,
Shashi.

Has any one tried using Nexa app ? I am just unable to log in. Can anyone please help me on this and is it worth the efforts ?

Not sure how 'correct' this comparison would be, but MSIL is selling around 45 s-cross/dealership and HMIL around 14 Cretas. Hmmmm..

I, for one know the feeling of listening to your head and going in for a lesser powerful sibling - read the Alto 0.8 vs the pocket rocket 1.1 way back in 2001.
Not going to let that repeat here. Saving up for the 1.6 baby. Alpha all the way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 3838678)
Maruti should localise the 1.6 and plonk it in Ertiga and Ciaz.

Ciaz would take that engine happy but Ertiga will cost Maruti Suzuki some more money for a design change to accommodate that 1.6L engine.

I'd love to see the Ertiga actually getting that engine as that car is so much capable thanks to its seating, comfort, maneuverability, utility, space at a very affordable price.

I was at the Autocross 2015, Mumbai and the S-Cross (official track car) was being driven around on the track to demonstrate the route for us. The way that car gobbled up the track, it was just something else. I never doubted the car's capability, but seeing a professional exploit its potential was rather enjoyable. It sounded pretty sweet too (on the outside). I guess, we'll see a lot more of the S-Cross at Maruti's motorsport events.

Dear fellow bhpians following s-cross,

I have booked the 1.6 alpha granite grey. I test drove quite a few cars (City, Etios, S-Cross 1.6, Innova, TUV, S-Cross 1.3, Safari). No, I did not test drive the hot selling, stunning looking Creta. Understandably, my family whom I took on all the drives to get the feel with five people on board, were fatigued already. There were already not so subtle threats of not coming along for another test drive, regardless of whichever car it may be. Don't know if I will end up regretting my decision. The only explanation for the different vehicles I tried out is "my nature is such"!

Booked at J P Nagar Nexa in Bangalore. The RM Mr Manish has been a pleasure to deal with.

Here are the details of cost:
  1. On the road cost before discount/trade-in: Rs 17.7L. This includes zero dep insurance, ext-warranty for 3rd and 4th years, 'basic accessories' listed by Nexa).
  2. A discount of Rs 40K loyalty bonus since I own 2007 Wagon R LXi Duo which I am turning in for exchange.
  3. A discount of Rs 50K for availing loan. I had to take a loan in order to avail this discount.
  4. An exchange value of Rs 1.9L for my 2007 Wagon R LXi Duo. For reference, Renault guys offered me Rs 1.5L, Toyota Rs 1.6L, Hyundai Rs 1.45L. Can't help but say that this looks like an additional discount to bring in S Cross buyers. Don't know whether to feel happy or sad!
  5. After a bit more haggling on the final price, the overall net cost came to Rs14.75L. I think with Rs1.25L more, I could have gone in for the very good looking Creta. The lower selling numbers are a concern, and I wish this to not go down the Baleno/SX4 route, but then, the decision is made. I fervently hope I don't regret my decision a few months down the line (didn't I say that already?).

Key things which swayed my mind to S-Cross 1.6:
  1. It felt sweet to drive the 1.6. Yes there is a bit of a lag early on, but the 320 thing really makes you feel good!
  2. Maruti's generous exchange offer and discounts. Don't know whether I should feel good or bad about it. (Did I say that already?)
  3. Family said they felt good about the car after the test drive. Compared to the current Wagon R/Santro they are used to, they were expected to feel happy, I guess. They preferred the comfort of Innova and Safari though. I, however, loved the S Cross 1.6, as a driver.

I must say that I am truly indebted to many bhpians for sharing their ownership reports and valuable insights on several threads. I'll write a detailed thank-you notes in my ownership report in due time. Until then, thanks, one and all.

Will update you folks as things progress.

Thanks,

srideep233.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S2!!! (Post 3838919)
I was at the Autocross 2015, Mumbai and the S-Cross (official track car) was being driven around on the track to demonstrate the route for us. The way that car gobbled up the track, it was just something else. I never doubted the car's capability, but seeing a professional exploit its potential was rather enjoyable. It sounded pretty sweet too (on the outside). I guess, we'll see a lot more of the S-Cross at Maruti's motorsport events.

I would love to see the video of such demonstration. Hope this comes on net soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillout (Post 3838330)
With dismal sales, i see no reason as to why they would reduce the discount.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheARUN (Post 3838337)
Is this the beginning of the end for the S-Cross?

S Cross will sell at average of 3000 units from Nexa. This number will increase as the Nexa outlets increase.
So do not write this off, wait for a few months and pass your judgement.

Quote:

Maruti Suzuki India registered maximum growth in utility vehicle segment, which includes Ertiga, Grand Vitara and the recently launched S Cross.

The company sold 9,435 UVs in October 2015 as against 6,027 units during same month last year, growth of 56.5 percent.
http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...tober/49626349

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerohit (Post 3838674)
I dont think Maruti will discontinue 320 . NEXA is incomplete without 1.6

To retain the premiumness associated with NEXA they may switch to built-to-order type for 1.6 depending on the demand

I think Maruti will introduce their own diesel engine instead and bring down the prices of the 1.6.

They can alternatively introduce the AWD version or automatic version with the current engine to keep up the sales. But they need to act fast.

Doing these changes in two years time will be of no use...

This is getting to be a catch-22 situation. To really enjoy driving the S-Cross and to do justice to the capabilities of its chassis, the 1.6 engine is a must. However, more than 90% of the buyers are going for the 1.3 since they feel it is the safer or more sensible option amongst both the engines available on sale. This over whelming preference for the 1.3 is going to have a cascading effect. Technicians who service the car would be more familiar with the 1.3 and you would need 1.6 'experts' to service the cars. Spare parts may not be readily available since they would not be fast moving items. If Maruti start using the 1.6 in other models then that might save the day for existing 1.6 buyers. However, if they decide to pull the 1.6 out completely and come in with their in-house engine, that would be real bad news. Also, with the petrol price now coming down by 0.50 paise every fortnight, wondering if Maruti is considering a petrol power plant for the S-Corss

Not sure if anybody has tried this. Since the chrome door handles are not available as nexa accesories, ordered set of after market ones from ebay.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/FINE-QUALITY-...E:L:OC:IN:3160
It came with 3M tapes at the back. Some pictures for reference and sorry for the quality of pictures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sou_3749 (Post 3839398)
Since the chrome door handles are not available as nexa accesories, ordered set of after market ones from ebay.

Just a bit of correction, the chrome door handles are available as a NEXA Genuine accessories. I remember seeing them on a customer's car waiting to be delivered. :)

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-5.jpg

Regards,
Shashi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 3839402)
Just a bit of correction, the chrome door handles are available as a NEXA Genuine accessories. I remember seeing them on a customer's car waiting to be delivered. :)

Attachment 1434690

Regards,
Shashi

It shows in the website, but not at Bimal at least. Bangalore owners can confirm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sou_3749 (Post 3839444)
It shows in the website, but not at Bimal at least. Bangalore owners can confirm.

Sorry, forgot to mention the price for the same. According to the accessories manager here, it costs Rs.890. Attaching a copy of the price of accessories which my uncle had enquired about.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20151102-19.17.22.jpg

Regards,
Shashi

S Cross was introduced in Europe in 2013 and still continues to sell. Seems to be consistent in sales with an average sales of ~ 2500 units /month in 2015, but these are with the 1.6 L engines.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-capture.jpg

And here is the New Vitara sales data - Europe( avg sales of ~ 3800 units/month), Clearly the YBA wil be of interest here.
But both S Cross and Vitara seem to have its own customer base.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-ure.jpg

Quote:

Car sales statistics are from the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom

http://left-lane.com/european-car-sa...uzuki-s-cross/