Team-BHP - Maruti S-Cross : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti S-Cross : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/166376-maruti-s-cross-official-review-147.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by srideep233 (Post 3839025)
Dear fellow bhpians following s-cross,

I have booked the 1.6 alpha granite grey.

Ah! Finally.. When is the delivery expected? Any free accessories that the dealer is offering - especially since you've ordered the most costly car in the maruti stable?

Modern day engines are super resilient and I honestly believe that the 1.6 would last any owner a lifetime of ownership, and beyond. So there should be no worries on that front.

Congratulations on the purchase & happy ownership!

Today the traffic in South Bangalore was very bad in the morning. I traveled a distance of 9 kilometres to my office in the S Cross in about 1.5 hours. The car was 'on' throughout and returned an impressive mileage of 13.5 kmpl while driving in only the first or second gear. :thumbup:

So as per Autocarindia report even the 1.3 now has a loyalty discount of Rs 40000, which wasn't there earlier.

Also folks I cannot reveal the sources, but if you are interested in the 1.6 you can get additional discount(substantial amount) on the 1.6, apart from the 90K. I am hoping to finalize the 1.6 in a week or two. Will keep you posted.

MARUTI SUZUKI - Please give Automatic TCSS 1.6 (for the same price)

1.6 is incomplete without Automatic

Some more update after use of more than a week.

Map works fine. They even have places like Amar Juice Center in Juhu as a POI. The map works better from POI's rather than trying to put address. Drove from airport to this place just on map and worked absolutely fine.
Child lock is a good feature, considering that, once done and you can be relaxed as it cannot be changed until the knob is moved in door. Average has been hovering around 16.5 in spite of crazy city driving. The only time I miss power is when I am first car at a signal. Rest all in all looks so far so good.

I have sent links to all advertisements, websites which talk about discounts on S-Cross. Hoping to extract at least 10-20k from the dealer on the 1.3. I know that most of these discount offers are on the 1.6. The loyalty bonus is only valid if you exchange a Maruti vehicle as per the news. Lets see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshatmangal (Post 3840789)
Some more update after use of more than a week.

Map works fine. They even have places like Amar Juice Center in Juhu as a POI. The map works better from POI's rather than trying to put address. Drove from airport to this place just on map and worked absolutely fine.
Child lock is a good feature, considering that, once done and you can be relaxed as it cannot be changed until the knob is moved in door. Average has been hovering around 16.5 in spite of crazy city driving. The only time I miss power is when I am first car at a signal. Rest all in all looks so far so good.

Interesting point !! :)

Do you drive the 1.6 or 1.3? If its 1.3, then I need to get used to this too. I know 1.6 suffers from a major lag upto 1800 RPM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 3840851)
Interesting point !! :)

Do you drive the 1.6 or 1.3? If its 1.3, then I need to get used to this too. I know 1.6 suffers from a major lag upto 1800 RPM.

I drive 1.3, its not so bad also. May be my message did not give right impression:) . In first gear its slow to start and takes that bit of extra second and we have to immediate move to second gear, from there on you will not feel lack of power.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 3840847)
I have sent links to all advertisements, websites which talk about discounts on S-Cross. Hoping to extract at least 10-20k from the dealer on the 1.3..

One of the Nexa here is offering 40k cash discount + 20k loyalty +10k exchange bonus on 1.3 Delta. Catch is finance and insurance has to be from them. They are also adding the touch screen navigation HU, alloys, fogs, mats etc for additional 15k. All in all, the 1.3 Delta on road is coming to appx 8.69 lakhs. With the added accessories the Delta now seems quite VFM to me at this price point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 (Post 3841102)
One of the Nexa here is offering 40k cash discount + 20k loyalty +10k exchange bonus on 1.3 Delta. Catch is finance and insurance has to be from them. They are also adding the touch screen navigation HU, alloys, fogs, mats etc for additional 15k. All in all, the 1.3 Delta on road is coming to appx 8.69 lakhs. With the added accessories the Delta now seems quite VFM to me at this price point.

The Sigma and Delta have always had discounts, since they are the lowest selling variants of S Cross. Surprisingly Alpha sells more than Sigma & Delta put together. Of course, Zeta is the highest selling of all variants.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 3841126)
The Sigma and Delta have always had discounts, since they are the lowest selling variants of S Cross. Surprisingly Alpha sells more than Sigma & Delta put together. Of course, Zeta is the highest selling of all variants.

Agreed, but with the addition of the touchscreen HU, alloy and fogs at 8.6 lakhs OTR, the Delta seems to be vfm now and may swing many fence sitters to the S-Cross.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 (Post 3841131)
Agreed, but with the addition of the touchscreen HU, alloy and fogs at 8.6 lakhs OTR, the Delta seems to be vfm now and may swing many fence sitters to the S-Cross.

Besides these 4, following features are missing in DELTA:
  1. Engine Push Start/Stop
  2. Cruise Control
  3. Dual Side Operable Parcel Tray
  4. Luggage Room Accessory Socket
  5. Reclining Rear seat
  6. Driver Seat Height Adjustable
  7. Rear Centre Armrest with cup holders
  8. Vanity Mirror Lamps
  9. Automatic Climate Control
  10. Electrically Foldable ORVMs
  11. Voice Command
  12. Remote Control through Smartphone App
  13. Tweeters (2)
  14. Turn Lamps on ORVMs
  15. Front Fog Lamps
  16. Reverse Parking Camera
  17. Rear Wiper & Washer
  18. Rear Demister

This is quite funny.

My SA had come to my office to collect all the documents for the vehicle loan and for the handover of my current car. I asked him that time whether they are offering any discounts or schemes, as it is festival time. He simply denied and said "Sir, if you buy 1.6, I can give you some good offer". So I left it at that.

Then after 10 minutes or so, I received call from another Nexa dealer in Pune. The lady on the phone said that we have exciting offers on the Zeta and Alpha variants of 1.3. She said that we can give you THE best offers on both these variants. I told her I am very much interested.

After this conversation, I called back my SA and told him the story. This is exactly when he started mumbling and surrendered. He said that "Sir, I did not want to tell you about discounts on Zeta and Alpha, since I was not sure. We have a meeting tomorrow morning from 9:30 to 10:30 AM regarding Zeta and Aplha variants specifically. I will give you a call immediately after that meeting. Please hold on until then." :uncontrol:uncontrol

So now I am waiting and feeling like a king...customer is king !

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx (Post 3839920)
Ah! Finally.. When is the delivery expected? Any free accessories that the dealer is offering - especially since you've ordered the most costly car in the maruti stable?

Modern day engines are super resilient and I honestly believe that the 1.6 would last any owner a lifetime of ownership, and beyond. So there should be no worries on that front.

Congratulations on the purchase & happy ownership!

Thank you McLaren Roxx!

Did PDI today. Saw odo at 38 kms. VIN indicates July 2015 manufacture.

Delivery expected tomorrow (Nov 6th).

Didn't get any free accessories. There was a 5K discount though. That was because I was promised a free reverse camera when I had earlier booked Zeta. Now that you ask, I didn't challenge the RM on the camera cost and ask for a better discount when I switched to alpha. Took at face value, the 5K discount for alpha in lieu of the free reverse camera on zeta. :Frustrati

Regards,

srideep233.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srideep233 (Post 3842154)
Thank you McLaren Roxx!

Did PDI today. Saw odo at 38 kms. VIN indicates July 2015 manufacture.

Delivery expected tomorrow (Nov 6th).

Didn't get any free accessories. There was a 5K discount though. That was because I was promised a free reverse camera when I had earlier booked Zeta. Now that you ask, I didn't challenge the RM on the camera cost and ask for a better discount when I switched to alpha. Took at face value, the 5K discount for alpha in lieu of the free reverse camera on zeta. :Frustrati

Regards,

srideep233.

Nice. That's a super quick delivery.

Don't you worry. The smile that the 1.6 will paste on your :) would make you forget all earthly worries that you face currently.

Waiting for pics and drive experience.

The S Cross' declining sales is worrying me. From 4K+ it's down to just about 3K in just 3 months.

I am seriously confused now whether to go ahead with my purchase or not.

I don't want to go for Creta just because everyone is pouncing upon it like crazy. I had visited 2 Hyundai showrooms in Pune and the experience was next to worst at both places. The extraordinary success of Creta and i20 Elite has clearly gone into the heads of the showroom staff. They were like "Take it or get lost" kind. Also there is at least 3-4 months waiting period which is beyond my patience.