Team-BHP - Maruti S-Cross : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti S-Cross : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/166376-maruti-s-cross-official-review-163.html)

I think it's a pure unadulterated rumour. I spoke to showroom manager and my RM and they have double digit deliveries of 1.6 planned in the month of January.

So i would suggest not to believe this until we have a official confirmation.

SA called and said that they have a car that is sept 2015 make. It's apparently in Bangalore and will be trucked here. I was not sure. So have told him, will deceide after I see the car in person. The dealership is ok with that and ok with insurance from outside.

Is a 3 month old car ok? Kindly opine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by differential (Post 3861075)
SA called and said that they have a car that is sept 2015 make. It's apparently in Bangalore and will be trucked here. I was not sure. So have told him, will deceide after I see the car in person. The dealership is ok with that and ok with insurance from outside.

I feel that it is ok because S-Cross, the product itself, was launched in August 2015. However, you should do a rigorous PDI before accepting the car and before it goes for RTO registration.

Quote:

Originally Posted by differential (Post 3861075)

Bangalore is not far, please do go to the dealer, do a PDI & ask them to ship it. This'll ensure you are getting a good car, and for sure, they don't drive it down - you can note the odo reading too.

The SA claims that production is stopped for new s cross till next batch of engine gear box combo is imported. And that is not going to be till 2016. Am confused. Should I wait for the new car or take a 3 month old car?

I have already sold my old car. So in a bit of a fix. Can manage for a month though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by differential (Post 3861314)
The SA claims that production is stopped for new s cross till next batch of engine gear box combo is imported. And that is not going to be till 2016.

They have imported more than 3800 DDiS320 engines and they ought to be in their inventory. Do you believe they sold more than 3800 , 1,6 Variant of the S Cross's to date?
The last import (Zauba)of the 1.6 MJD was in September, so I conclude that they are having the engines with them.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-s.jpg

Suggest you wait for a new car, the dealer seem to be in a hurry to dispose the stock car!

Am putting my recent experience out here for you to know of the complete lack of safety concerns/ customer service and empathy on part of Nexa/Maruti.

Incident-
I recently purchased a S-Cross from Nexa on October 27, 2015. Was happy to say the least, as anyone would be buying a new car coupled with the fact that this product sold by the company was marketed as their 'Premium Product'.

Two weeks into the purchase, I had a high impact accident, while driving the S-Cross. I was lucky to escape something that could have been much worse.

As I recovered from the shock, I realized that this product which is Sold as PREMIUM, with all safety features (read- air bags), but NONE of the airbags deployed even though the impact was massive.

Shocked and disappointed I filed a complaint with Nexa and Maruti.

Even though a complaint was made on their customer care Number, their Facebook page, their twitter page and through email, no one from the company got in touch.

It was only when a call was made to their TSM from the Pasco motors body shop GM they they begin to look into it.

Now they have taken measurements of the accident and have said they will get back, on y the airbags did not deploy.

In the mean time they have been trying to pressurise me into getting the car repaired, but i have refused and told them that i will wait till their investigations are complete and they give me an answer.

If any of fellow Team Bhp members have any suggestions on how to go about this, they would be most welcome.

Its really disheartening to hear that the airbags did not deploy at the time of accident. We buy a 'premium product' for its safety and performance. I am really shocked that the airbigs did not deploy. Maruti s usual problem is early deployment of airbags. This is a matter of concern for all owners and prospective owners. I think the problem has to be escalated to highest level possible and a solution / fix should be done ASAP.

:eek:

The first s cross accident where driver lost his life is in the link below. If the report is trustworthy, there is no evidence for deployment of airbags there also..:Shockked:

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/08/car...ior-to-launch/

I agree with you. And to top it all the Maruti people were trying to convince me, that this accident is not serious enough for the airbags to deploy.

I have written then a mail asking them to clarify what parameters are to be met for the airbags to function.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machine freak (Post 3861688)
Am putting my recent experience out here for you to know of the complete lack of safety concerns/ customer service and empathy on part of Nexa/Maruti.

If any of fellow Team Bhp members have any suggestions on how to go about this, they would be most welcome.

Glad to know that you are safe.

Can you please elaborate more about the accident as to how it happened, which one was this variant - 1.3 or 1.6, what was approximate speed etc. Looks like you had an under run accident behind a big vehicle.

I'm not an expert but major point of impact seems to be middle of front bumper and the hood. It can be a reason for airbags not inflating as the sensors are located towards either end of front bumpers. Its a different matter why manufacturers dont put another sensor in middle of bumper. Please keep the thread updated with the findings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 3861758)

Can you please elaborate more about the accident as to how it happened, which one was this variant - 1.3 or 1.6, what was approximate speed etc. Looks like you had an under run accident behind a big vehicle.

I'm not an expert but major point of impact seems to be middle of front bumper and the hood. It can be a reason for airbags not inflating as the sensors are located towards either end of front bumpers. Its a different matter why manufacturers dont put another sensor in middle of bumper. Please keep the thread updated with the findings.

It is a 1.3, zoom in to see the 5 speed Gear Lever.

I do not buy your sensor placement theory, the airbag sensor in my car is placed right in the middle. Also, airbag sensors do not work like how parking sensors work, there is much more science involved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machine freak (Post 3861688)
Two weeks into the purchase, I had a high impact accident, while driving the S-Cross. I was lucky to escape something that could have been much worse.

As I recovered from the shock, I realized that this product which is Sold as PREMIUM, with all safety features (read- air bags), but NONE of the airbags deployed even though the impact was massive.

Glad to know you are safe after such impact! Though a stupid question but needs to be asked - were you wearing the seatbelt(s) at the time of accident?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIV3R (Post 3861768)

I do not buy your sensor placement theory, the airbag sensor in my car is placed right in the middle. Also, airbag sensors do not work like how parking sensors work, there is much more science involved.

You might be correct regarding sensor placement but as far as my Wagon R manual is concerned, it shows that airbags might not inflate in case of a hit in center of bumper or under running a truck. This car looks like it has taken a direct hit in center or under run behind a truck. I might be wrong but we need to look at more details. Let us wait before jumping to any conclusion. And we also must not delve on this issue till more details emerge from OP or the company.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-_20151203_163946.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-_20151203_164009.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 3861758)

I was over a 100. 3 drunk people on a bike came from the side (without helmets). I braked, but the car must have still hit the bike with some speed.
Thankfully the 3 landed on the side of the road and had a relatively soft landing in the dirt. Escaped with bruises but without broken bones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIV3R (Post 3861768)

It is a 1.3

Quote:

Originally Posted by sourabhzen (Post 3861809)
Glad to know you are safe after such impact! Though a stupid question but needs to be asked - were you wearing the seatbelt(s) at the time of accident?

I was. I think that saved me from serious injury.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 3861811)
You might be correct regarding sensor placement but as far as my Wagon R manual is concerned, it shows that airbags might not inflate in case of a hit in center of bumper or under running a truck. This car looks like it has taken a direct hit in center or under run behind a truck. I might be wrong but we need to look at more details. Let us wait before jumping to any conclusion. And we also must not delve on this issue till more details emerge from OP or the company.

The car hit the bike perpendicularly. thus it was not like a pole type of hit or a under truck hit.

Also the airbags should have deployed. i have seen another car with a very similar hit. Please find pictures attached.

You will notice the damage to be much less but the airbags worked.

Infact the damage to the ciaz looks an under run behind a truck. As you will notice that the number plate is still intact.

Wow that is shocking to hear that airbags not deploying on such a massive accident.

I own a Maruti Ertiga and its not so premium but I had an accident too and it was not so bad as yours but the airbags are deployed. Attached are the pictures of my car.

Please take your case with the higher authorities.