Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2015, 10:00   #151
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post

But, is it possible by any means to recline the rear seats, if needed I am ready to sacrifice jump seats. And Is it possible by any means to increase under thigh support?
Hi Sallubhai,

Mahindra has given no ways to recline the rear seats but I guess DIY is possible. Probably the owners can confirm better.

Under-thigh support can be increased by adding padding to the existing cushion. Any good seat cover shops should have the expertise to do that. One of my friend did it on a new Scorpio in Bangalore.

Think it will be better if you can take an extended test drive of the vehicle (Try sitting in the rear seat too) and then customize it according to your requirement.
Arindam_Nayek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 18:39   #152
BHPian

Is there a way to get foldable rear-seat in T4+/T6+ variants? Can we swap the s rear eat with the one in T8? Why does Mahindra think a foldable rear seat is luxury feature? That too, the seat doesn't tumble, it just folds.
narenteam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 18:44   #153
Senior - BHPian

Guys did the PDI today morning. Since I was armed with the TBHP PDI checklist everything went smoothly. Spent almost one hour checking all the points. When I asked for a test drive, initially they were reluctant, but when I insisted they obliged. Allowed a short test drive, but in that I could upshift to the 5th gear and got a feel of brakes and steering.

Made the balance payment of 74K online through NEFT. Going to take the delivery of the car tomorrow morning @11:30am. Attaching some pictures below that were taken during PDI.

Told the sales guys to keep all the documents ready tomorrow morning. When I asked do I need to get anything along with me (garland, coconuts, sweets etc), he said that everything will be arranged. On asking for freebies, he told me to contact the Sales Head. When I sent the Sales Head a text message that not even a penny was reduced from the listed price, at least they should give the mud flaps as complimentary. He replied back saying that this being a newly launched there are no offers, however he can give me a best discount of 20% on all accessories. I told "No thanks", I don't want to get any accessories from showroom. Have planned for the blackening of "C" pillar and 3M nomad mats from the local 3M outlet tomorrow afternoon. Do you guys think getting even the "A" pillar blackened would enhance the looks?

Hoping that the delivery process will be smooth tomorrow, fingers crossed.
AutoIndian is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 19:26   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Guys did the PDI today morning. Since I was armed with the TBHP PDI checklist everything went smoothly.

Made the balance payment of 74K online through NEFT. Going to take the delivery of the car tomorrow morning @11:30am.
Good stuff man. Congratulations!!

Quote:
Do you guys think getting even the "A" pillar blackened would enhance the looks?
I wouldn't blacken the A pillar, unless I am getting the roof blackened to give the vehicle a whole different look. C pillar blackening should do for now IMO.

Quote:
Good luck mate. Hope there are no last minute surprises. The moment you have been eagerly waiting for is almost here
achyu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 19:34   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Going to take the delivery of the car tomorrow morning @11:30am
Awesome the third tank on TBHP looks all set to roll. Is this the one in which you did the stress test or is this a different car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
I always change my new cars tires and it has always worked in terms of ride quality, tire noise.
Still waiting for your thread. Do expedite
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 19:38   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian
Guys did the PDI today morning. Since I was armed with the TBHP PDI checklist everything went smoothly.
Excellent, AutoIndian! :clap
The car looks lovely.
All the best for tomorrow.
narenteam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 19:39   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Do you guys think getting even the "A" pillar blackened would enhance the looks?

Congratulations AutoIndian. Wish you a great delivery experience. The molten Orange TUV looks stunning. To me it looks fine to have the B pillar blackened initially. Drive it for sometime and still if you feel then go for the A pillar.

Wish to see a ownership report with a lot many pictures soon. Best Wishes.
Arindam_Nayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 20:04   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyu View Post
Good stuff man. Congratulations!!

I wouldn't blacken the A pillar, unless I am getting the roof blackened to give the vehicle a whole different look. C pillar blackening should do for now IMO.

Good luck mate. Hope there are no last minute surprises. The moment you have been eagerly waiting for is almost here
Thank you for your wishes Achyu. I don't intend to blacken the roof. So as you rightly suggested, I will leave the "A" pillar as it is and get only "C" pillar blackened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Awesome the third tank on TBHP looks all set to roll. Is this the one in which you did the stress test or is this a different car?
Thank you procrj. Yes mine will be the third over here, after Black and White of Cap. Rex and Silver Knight (please rhyme). No this is not that one, the stress test that happened in my presence was the original that was allotted to me. But since the black vinyl was out of stock they could not rectify it and sent to showroom (perhaps that car is still lying in stock yard). I was fortunate to get this completely new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
Excellent, AutoIndian! :clap
The car looks lovely.
All the best for tomorrow.
Thank you for your wishes narenteam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
Congratulations AutoIndian. Wish you a great delivery experience. The molten Orange TUV looks stunning. To me it looks fine to have the B pillar blackened initially. Drive it for sometime and still if you feel then go for the A pillar.

Wish to see a ownership report with a lot many pictures soon. Best Wishes.
Thank you Arindam_Nayek. the color looks smashing in sunlight. It is almost the same as "Sunset Orange" on XUV. I will go by your suggestion and get only "C" pillas blackened, "B" pillar already has black color from factory. Well, ownership report may take some time. Will publish it after I clock at least 1000 kms. Till that time I will keep sharing my experience over here on this thread.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 21:18   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Going to take the delivery of the car tomorrow morning @11:30am.
Congratulations AutoIndian once again Wish you a happy ownership and munching miles with the tank.

First thing you need to do after delivery is remove that awkward looking 'SILVER JUBILEE' stickers from the rear.

Quote:
IMO leave the A pillar as it is, it would give you a floating roof look and really looks good on the TUV, especially in this molten orange color.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 21:32   #160
Senior - BHPian

Forgot to mention one point. The circular for extended warranty (EW) has come to the dealers from M&M. The restriction on running is not clear, but for the 4th year, it is going to cost approx 8K and for the 5th year another 8K. So if EW is taken for 2 years, it would cost 16K approx.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 11:52   #161
Senior - BHPian

Friends, just now got a call from the dealership that the car and all documentation is ready. I can come to take the delivery. Heading to the dealership in next one hour along with family. Wish me luck friends.
AutoIndian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 12:10   #162
J.Ravi

Quote:
Wish me luck friends.
Congratulations and best wishes on becoming the owner of a tank, AutoIndian. I wish you and your tank infinite miles with smiles.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 7th November 2015 at 12:40.
  (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 14:36   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Friends, just now got a call from the dealership that the car and all documentation is ready. I can come to take the delivery. Heading to the dealership in next one hour along with family. Wish me luck friends.
Heartiest Congratulations !! Wishing you miles and miles of happy and safe driving.
chandras1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 16:17   #164
Senior - BHPian

Happy to inform that with all your well wishes the Molten Orange tank was delivered at the said time. Sharing some moments captured

Preparations going on for the customary puja
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscn4550.jpg

The whole family posing with the TUV
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscn4553.jpg

Without his blessings nothing would have been possible
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscn4555.jpg

The huge garland adorning the butch front
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscn4556.jpg

Mom doing the pooja, offering water on all tyres
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscn4557.jpg

Wifey doing her part of the pooja
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscn4562.jpg

Dad breaking the coconut
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscn4563.jpg

Curious dealer staff looking at the procession
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscn4565.jpg

Key hand over ceremony, priviledge taken by my kid
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscn4570.jpg

Daughter distributing the gifts to the staff that I brought along Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscn4574.jpg

Immediately tanked up the tank at Shell bunk. The bunk attendants in their orange attire gel so well with the TUV
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscn4578.jpg

Finally the tank resting in its home, apartment parking
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dscn4580.jpg  

Last edited by AutoIndian : 7th November 2015 at 16:22.
AutoIndian is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 17:06   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Happy to inform that with all your well wishes the Molten Orange tank was delivered at the said time.
Congratulations AutoIndian!

Nice pictures. Now the wait starts for your ownership thread
achyu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks