Team-BHP - Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/169658-mahindra-tuv300-official-review-18.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaurusAl (Post 3847960)
Very disappointing to hear about the AMT failure @silverknight

Hope your ordeal ends soon.

I want to know, does TUV share the same AMT gearbox from the Scorpio ? I was considering buying an automatic Scorpio in Jan, but disappointed after hearing this. :Frustrati

This is first AMT vehicle from Mahindra. Scorpio is automatic not automated manual.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaurusAl (Post 3847960)

I want to know, does TUV share the same AMT gearbox from the Scorpio ? I was considering buying an automatic Scorpio in Jan, but disappointed after hearing this. :Frustrati

As far as I know, the TUV comes with a AMT gearbox and the Scorpio comes with a AT gearbox. I have driven the Scorpio AT - but I have to (as yet) drive the TUV AT.

Off-hand I would not worry too much .... I think, statistically, the chance of such bad luck is very low.

Quote:

Originally Posted by injun269 (Post 3847802)
Just as worried as Mayur. The first owner AMT review we get and it is making my heart sink. Please would other T8 AMT owners tell us their experiences. There is still time to cancel my order.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmayur (Post 3847823)
There aren't many amt owners here. Also mahindra aren't giving out amt's as well. Not sure why. All those discussions around 3 cylinder limitations and top speed concerns, add the delays added by mahindra and now this disaster with an amt... All these are not positive signs. Will be cancelling my booking on Monday.

I guess I am the only AMT owner so far. I have just mailed customercare about yesterday's incident.

Thanks silverknight.
Where is the vehicle now. Do you have any preliminary info on what happened and why. What do mahindra service reps have to say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackStinger (Post 3847901)
Thats very disappointing to hear silverknight. I've been following this thread right from the beginning since i was contemplating on picking up the Tank to replace my 8year old honda city. I was especially keen on the AMT version, and now this! Any more updates from the M&M service reps?

I came late from Mumbai yesterday, just now I have emailed customercare.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titanium (Post 3847856)
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience, SilverKnight. It is really unacceptable from a new vehicle and is very disappointing. Please do share with us the reason for that event. I am eager to know about it, even though my tank is not an AMT variant. Did Mahindra's road side assistance service respond on time? Or did they at least provide temporary solution ? I read that you had to drive the vehicle back home due to the delay in response. I haven't had any problems with the vehicle until now and I am really happy with it, but if some one would ask me to comment on Mahindra's service, I would definitely be confused to answer !!

The towing vehicle was going to take couple hours to arrive and I learned this 45 mins after I made the call.
Well, when I had complained about the door rattle, the experience was really good. Also the customer care manager, local service manager and their helpline were responsive. But it was a logistical delay in getting the towing vehicle to the spot.

I hope that adds to the confusion lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmayur (Post 3848002)
Thanks silverknight.
Where is the vehicle now. Do you have any preliminary info on what happened and why. What do mahindra service reps have to say.

I got the vehicle home, driving with hazards lights on.
I sure problem is with AMT mechanism, the clutch disengages and AMT stops working.
Yesterday, Mahindra reps said they will look at it on Monday. But now I have emailed the VP and Area manager from customer care. Yet to receive any reply to that email.

Just received a phone call from Pune Area manager (Customer manager). We had been in touch since couple of weeks over the door rattle issue. He assured me that they will investigate the problem thoroughly and share the details with me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverknight (Post 3848017)
I came late from Mumbai yesterday, just now I have emailed customercare.

The towing vehicle was going to take couple hours to arrive and I learned this 45 mins after I made the call.
Well, when I had complained about the door rattle, the experience was really good. Also the customer care manager, local service manager and their helpline were responsive. But it was a logistical delay in getting the towing vehicle to the spot.

I hope that adds to the confusion lol:

I got the vehicle home, driving with hazards lights on.
I sure problem is with AMT mechanism, the clutch disengages and AMT stops working.
Yesterday, Mahindra reps said they will look at it on Monday. But now I have emailed the VP and Area manager from customer care. Yet to receive any reply to that email.

I have also mailed Sandeep Dhond wanting to get an assurance that the AMT is worth buying. His auto
reply said he was on leave till today. Let's see if I get a reply tomorrow. Fingers and everything crossed!

Vehicle was picked up today by RSA and they will work on it tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverknight (Post 3848183)
Vehicle was picked up today by RSA and they will work on it tomorrow.

Hope it is nothing major and they give you back the car asap after fixing the problem. Has it gone to Kundan motors Chinchwad workshop? Did they tow it or put it on flat bed truck. Either of the cases it would have been very disappointing to see a showroom condition car, which has not even completed one month on the road in such a situation. Are we paying too big a price by putting our trust on a newly launched Mahindra car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverknight (Post 3848017)
The towing vehicle was going to take couple hours to arrive and I learned this 45 mins after I made the call. Well, when I had complained about the door rattle, the experience was really good. Also the customer care manager, local service manager and their helpline were responsive. But it was a logistical delay in getting the towing vehicle to the spot.I hope that adds to the confusion

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoIndian (Post 3848199)
Hope it is nothing major and they give you back the car asap after fixing the problem. Are we paying too big a price by putting our trust on a newly launched Mahindra car?

It is indeed disheartening when problems arise in a new vehicle and you have to rush to the service centre repeatedly. But I am sure it could be a minor issue and it will be resolved soon. Also, the fact that TUV 300 is a new launch of Mahindra and virtually every " new model" launch by any car manufacturer(national/global) encounter problems in the beginning. Even global car manufacturers have had major mechanical/ technical issues with their brand new models. I was aware of this factor, but I am confident about Mahindra's product quality ( although service is a question mark). I am not being assertive of Mahindra completely, but I just wanted to let you that we haven't made a wrong decision in investing our hard earned money on the tank. Sometimes you just have to have faith in your decision. I may be wrong in my view but I am just being optimistic :) A picture of my warrior ready to take on the world.

Picture of the tank taken from my XUV. Notice the difference in height!

-- Wind

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandev (Post 3847899)
I personally more interested in Black alloy wheels :). Can it be done Matte Black? Won't the paint chip-off over the time?

Not sure how the guard looking from different angles. As if now, the left and right part of guard appears to be bulging out. But looks interesting :thumbs up. Thanks for sharing the pic wrongturn. Did you got chance to click the rear guard as well?

These pics are not too good, my primary phone had a low battery shutdown.
Variant in the pic is T6+, it comes with airbags and that makes me wonder what if that front guard stops airbag sensors from functioning when required in case of a serious front impact. Didn't Mahindra gave very clear instructions to the dealers to not use a front guard in variants of Scorpio and XUV500 which were equipped with airbags?

Sad to see that your tank it already having issues Silverknight, I hope it is a small issue and would be sorted out soon.

I had call with Service Manager and he told me some problem with modulator but now it is fixed. And he will get back in some time.
I told him verbal information won't cut it, need a written report as to what exactly has happened.

I have also sent another mail to customercare (VP and manager) asking for two things:
- A detailed investigation report
- And would also like to know how this problem happened in first place. And how can you make sure that this does not repeat with other vehicles.

And I won't be registering the vehicle till I have above information.

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverknight (Post 3848577)
I had call with Service Manager and he told me some problem with modulator but now it is fixed. And he will get back in some time.
I told him verbal information won't cut it, need a written report as to what exactly has happened.

I have also sent another mail to customercare (VP and manager) asking for two things:
- A detailed investigation report
- And would also like to know how this problem happened in first place. And how can you make sure that this does not repeat with other vehicles.

And I won't be registering the vehicle till I have above information.

Any Update. I hope everything is Ok and going as per your interest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by injun269 (Post 3848029)
I have also mailed Sandeep Dhond wanting to get an assurance that the AMT is worth buying. His auto
reply said he was on leave till today. Let's see if I get a reply tomorrow. Fingers and everything crossed!

Pleasantly surprised that there was a response from Mahindra to my email sent, expressing my apprehensions. A phone call came from Manoj of Mahindras. Asked me what my apprehension was. If you notice, I'm from a rural town and the internet here is real, real, real slow 'çause I wanted to quote Silverknight's write-up to him. Anyway I explained as best as I could what befell Silverknight and what I had meant by saying that the AMT went kaput when the vehicle crossed 100. He assured me that this is a one off and they are rolling out AMTs and those cars are on the road without complaints. I said that was a more sales pitch sounding line. That's when he said he wasn't from servicing or from sales but had been involved in the design of the TUV and for a design guy to call a customer, which is never done, he says, showed how seriously Mahindra took complaints. Now that sounded assuring to me. I'm sticking to my decision of getting the auto tank!:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nishant kar (Post 3848767)
Any Update. I hope everything is Ok and going as per your interest.

The Pune Area Customercare Manager has been in constant contact since yesterday. Just got off the call with him and he informed me they are still diagnosing the issue. And will share all the details with me once they have complete understanding of the failure.

Before that RSA had called to check what time did the towing vehicle arrived yesterday after I placed the request. One thing is sure their after sales service has been top notch and no complaints about that.