Team-BHP - Skoda Superb : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Skoda Superb : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/175340-skoda-superb-official-review-33.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanjuInGgn (Post 4973316)
Hi Manku - Had a quick question - did you do a VIN decode and figure out the month of manufacturing for your car?

I am purchasing a Superb too - but getting a May VIN (assembled in July). Would love to exchange notes, as am based in Blore too.

Regards

I did and mine was a May/July combo too (I took delivery in October). Happy to chat. I spoke to my SA recently and he said they are already offering 4.5L off ex-showroom for the L&K out of the box (this was last week of dec)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodak (Post 4972306)
Virtual Cockpit & Black Interiors tilted us towards the Sportsline, a white one at that. I am also looking for solutions to make the Carplay wireless but for now have settled for a wire with a very small length.

Congratulations. I have seen the white sportline in the showroom and it looks smashing (and l loved Race Blue as well, but its a bit .. much) :).

Are you seeing any issues with volume cut out or connection drops with the cable - I see this rarely with Amazon Music on CarPlay. On Bluetooth, its solid.

Quote:

Are you seeing any issues with volume cut out or connection drops with the cable - I see this rarely with Amazon Music on CarPlay.
I am not seeing a connection drop but the infotainment system hangs and makes a hissing sound after every half an hour or so and then I have to unplug the cable and plug it again to restart the process. I am guessing it is due to the quality of cable and going to try with the original iPhone cable. Bluetooth is indeed solid.

Quote:

I am purchasing a Superb too - but getting a May VIN (assembled in July). Would love to exchange notes, as am based in Blore too.
Jumping in here, but to me May VIN looks to be old. I got an Aug VIN vehicle in December and I checked with other dealers in Delhi/NCR and all the vehicles were either July or Aug VIN. If you decide to go ahead, please do a proper PDI and/or ask for hefty discounts.

Hello

Need advise from fellow superb owners :-

1. As shared earlier , I have recently purchased a pre owned 2018 Superb TSI Style . It's a March 2018 Superb . Previous owner didn't take a service package . I was wondering if it makes a sense to take a service package for 2 years that's costing approx 30k. If yes then please do share the benefit. Are these offers always available or could be discontinued at later dates ?

2. I was also thinking of taking extra warranty of 2 years which is costing 70k. Current 4 year/1L km warranty would expire in March 2022. Do you think this is required in view of the horror stories shared hy Skoda owners in various threads. This is my first Skoda and I am really concerned about safety (during long drives ) and peace of mind in owning Skoda .
Please advise if extended warranty would help me in securing my car from future shocks.

3. Lastly while connecting my mobile with the Skoda App in car , Android Auto is not working . It sometimes connect the map but in few seconds it gets disconnected . Could you advise how to get this thing sorted ?

Thanks in advance for your patient reading and advise should you share any .

Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_nv (Post 4969960)
Congratulations Manku . Superb indeed was the best choice of the lot . Agree totally that this car brings unstoppable smile on your face. It's really a shame on Skoda for having botched up their ASS after giving such amazing cars to us . I hope that these horror stories remain the thing of the past now.

I took delivery of my 2018 Superb TSI Style day before yesterday . It's just done 25Km and is impeccably maintained .

I have driven just 100 km since taking delivery and more I drive , I get more smiles on my face .

While driving yesterday , I got so overwhelmed with the drive that I called my wife who was in a meeting to tell how much feel one with the car now and how I feel this car was made for me from the moment I saw it . After a pause she just kept the phone saying " I wish you would have said half this sentence in our last 15 years of marriage " ..

I realized what blunder I did and politely cut the conversation there and then . I am sure this is going to haunt me for some more time .

My previous affair with my 2010 Chevy Cruze AT lasted 10 years and came crashing down due to the ban of diesel vehicle in NCR . I had maintained cruze immaculately and loved every minute of time spent on the car . Never wanted to part away but had no choice .

But last 36 hours with Superb has brought the smiles back and I hope to get millions more in the due course .

Regards .

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanjuInGgn (Post 4973316)
Hi Manku - Had a quick question - did you do a VIN decode and figure out the month of manufacturing for your car?

Regards

I decoded the VIN and did the PDI before making payment (apart from the initial booking amount). I got the delivery of the car in December. The car had August VIN (assembled in September as per the invoice). One of the two other cars (Black) present in the showroom had May VIN date (not sure about the assembly date).

The VIN month could also be dependent on the color. Slow moving colors might have an comparatively older month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodak (Post 4973429)
I am not seeing a connection drop but the infotainment system hangs and makes a hissing sound after every half an hour or so and then I have to unplug the cable and plug it again to restart the process. I am guessing it is due to the quality of cable and going to try with the original iPhone cable. Bluetooth is indeed solid.

Jumping in here, but to me May VIN looks to be old. I got an Aug VIN vehicle in December and I checked with other dealers in Delhi/NCR and all the vehicles were either July or Aug VIN. If you decide to go ahead, please do a proper PDI and/or ask for hefty discounts.

Thanks, Manku & Zodak. BTW - just got to know that there is a new version of Superb set to launch in next couple of days.

Hi,
Any info on the updates being offered on the 2021 L&K variant.
I am looking to pick up the new one,hopefully the virtual cockpit & wireless charging is included.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanjuInGgn (Post 4973646)
Thanks, Manku & Zodak. BTW - just got to know that there is a new version of Superb set to launch in next couple of days.

Any idea if it's a new variant or juggling features on the current ones?

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_nv (Post 4973439)
Hello

Need advise from fellow superb owners :-

1. As shared earlier , I have recently purchased a pre owned 2018 Superb TSI Style . It's a March 2018 Superb . Previous owner didn't take a service package . I was wondering if it makes a sense to take a service package for 2 years that's costing approx 30k. If yes then please do share the benefit. Are these offers always available or could be discontinued at later dates ?

2. I was also thinking of taking extra warranty of 2 years which is costing 70k. Current 4 year/1L km warranty would expire in March 2022. Do you think this is required in view of the horror stories shared hy Skoda owners in various threads. This is my first Skoda and I am really concerned about safety (during long drives ) and peace of mind in owning Skoda .
Please advise if extended warranty would help me in securing my car from future shocks.

3. Lastly while connecting my mobile with the Skoda App in car , Android Auto is not working . It sometimes connect the map but in few seconds it gets disconnected . Could you advise how to get this thing sorted ?

1. Take a look at the service cost calculator on the Skoda India website. Other owners have told me that those costs are fairly accurate. I took the maintenance package and it seemed to be worth it based on the calculator.

2. I plan to buy the extended warranty (it can be bought till a month a before the 4th year end).

3. When you say Skoda app, is it the media command app? Android Auto doesn't need any special app, just connection with a cable and the inbuilt maps are loaded from a SD card in the glove compartment

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanjuInGgn (Post 4973646)

Oh nice. I hope they fix the couple of minor issues with L&K with Virtual Cockpit and wireless Carplay/AA.

I did not anticipate that they would release a new model in 2021 so soon and hadn't heard about it. Where did you get the news from?

Quote:

Originally Posted by manku (Post 4968855)

Firstly, Happy New Year 2021! Posting a mini ownership update on the 2020 Superb that I bought in October .

Congratulations on the new buy. The color looks stunning.
Happy motoring!

Quote:

Originally Posted by manku (Post 4974352)
I did not anticipate that they would release a new model in 2021 so soon and hadn't heard about it. Where did you get the news from?

Just saw this in the news. Wireless carplay/AA, virtual cockpit, handsfree parking and a new steering wheel.

https://www.rushlane.com/2021-skoda-...-12389641.html

Prices have gone up by a bit, but final OTR yet to be determined and release is later this month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manku (Post 4974352)

3. When you say Skoda app, is it the media command app? Android Auto doesn't need any special app, just connection with a cable and the inbuilt maps are loaded from a SD card in the glove compartment

I meant Android Auto . It stops within seconds.

Thanks for other suggestions .

Hello
Need suggestion for the replacement of Stock tyres . My car has done 30K and would like to replace them in a month or so .

Please share an upgrade recommendation and your reason for the suggested make and size.

Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_nv (Post 4981440)
Need suggestion for the replacement of Stock tyres . My car has done 30K and would like to replace them in a month or so .

Please share an upgrade recommendation and your reason for the suggested make and size.

Given the acute scarcity of 'premium' tyres due to the import restrictions, I'd suggest first to call and/or visit a couple of reputed tyre dealers and see what they have in stock first. Only then can any meaningful planning take place.

Offhand the alternatives (to the usual Michelin etc), can be the newly launched Continental UC6 or the MRF Perfinzas if available in the stock or upsized size.

The Passat shares the same tyre size and there was a lively discussion in March 2019.

You can go through it from this post onwards:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4559401

Thanks for your revert and I shall read the thread as well . However , please do suggest the upsize config for the tyres .

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 4981637)
Given the acute scarcity of 'premium' tyres due to the import restrictions, I'd suggest first to call and/or visit a couple of reputed tyre dealers and see what they have in stock first. Only then can any meaningful planning take place.

Offhand the alternatives (to the usual Michelin etc), can be the newly launched Continental UC6 or the MRF Perfinzas if available in the stock or upsized size.

The Passat shares the same tyre size and there was a lively discussion in March 2019.

You can go through it from this post onwards:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4559401

I took delivery of a 1.8 TSI L&K in February, 2020. Final OTR price for Delhi registration was about 31.30 Lakhs. However, because of the lockdown, and the general low running of cars in my family, the car has barely done 1500 kms so far. The service is due next month. Do you guys think I can hold on for a bit since its barely run, or should I get it serviced regardless?

Quote:

Originally Posted by theudrocks (Post 4984722)
I took delivery of a 1.8 TSI L&K in February, 2020. However, because of the lockdown, and the general low running of cars in my family, the car has barely done 1500 kms so far. The service is due next month. Do you guys think I can hold on for a bit since its barely run, or should I get it serviced regardless?

You have to get it serviced as per the age of the car or kilometers run whichever is breached first. Being a brand new car under warranty, I recommend you carry out the full service demanded by Skoda, and within the deadline too.

This will avoid any warranty issues later,and also ensure better resale for your vehicle.