Team-BHP - Skoda Superb : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Skoda Superb : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/175340-skoda-superb-official-review-36.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayek (Post 4992626)
One more question? Did you consider the Tiguan Allspace, and if so how would you compare that with the Superb.

We have a Tiguan Allspace in the family, though I have sat in the Superb only once or twice I can say that it feels slightly more premium and the low speed ride quality is better than the Allspace, although I must add that high speed behaviour is fantastic in both of them. If you need the additional seats/slightly larger boot and ground clearance then go for the Allspace otherwise Superb it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayek (Post 4992626)
Agree fully that Kia really screwed up on the build quality - it meets my needs perfectly but am hunting around looking at various options mainly because of the crash test rating. Though I may eventually go for it since it will be an almost exclusively city use car.

I am in a similar boat except leaning to Creta and I want the car to be capable of highway runs too it and when needed. I too have doubts on how the Hyundai will age over a 8-10 year ownership period and the safety and build quality factor.

Staying in the same broad budget, I am personally also tempted by the Kushaq if I can take a punt on Skoda reliability with a long warranty. Owning a German vehicle has spoilt me too on how I want cars to age and the build quality expectations.

Outlier options to me are 7 seat creta (just for XL boot space not for the 3rd row seats; used city automatic (less than 2 year samples can be had for almost half the price of a new creta. Shd serve predictably and well for 8-10 years). The Compass just feels way too pricey to stretch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4991878)
Timeless, elegant styling with “big car” presence. Fit, finish & build quality are top class

Congrats to big bro and kid bro on this acquisition. I am not sure if you'd hold on to this for 10 years, but yes, 6 years down the line when EVs would be the choice, such cars would become the connoisseur's delight. White is a fine shade for this car. You'll be surprised at how fuel efficient this engine is on highways.

Congralutations once again. You have one life to live, so live it Superbly.:)

Welcome to the 'Superb' club, GTO! Wise investment, and with you on board as an official Superb customer, I reckon its a big boost for Skoda India. rl:

Seriously though, great buy. I have a white MY2018 L&K diesel, and it is a peach to drive, especially on the highways, but seeing your car and its internal updates, how I wish I had a 2 litre petrol option back in the day! Looking forward to your continued updates on the car.

Congratulations for the new car in your garage..... Hope to see a lot of detailed posts about the service experience & mods to come. You have totally changed me into buying a better new like pre-owned cars untill you come across very special one which makes sense to buy new. I am a great fan of your writing style & always hope to read some car reviews which would be from GTO sir.

Offtopic. GTO when are you getting the new Thar to replace your Jeep :)
Eagerly waiting to see the next new member in your garage.

Congratulations on the new car ! The car is a stunner. No doubt. There is a powerful stance to it. Not to mention a Sedan that truly shows class.

Quote:

• 75% of the A6 / E-Class / 5-Series luxury at 50% of the price
• Awesome space and comfort, including at the rear. Beats luxury cars costing twice as much
What I don’’t like:
• DSG reliability woes (although I’m a bit more optimistic about this new DQ381)
• Skoda’s notorious dealerships & after-sales horror stories

I too agree with the positives and negatives mentioned above. Though I wont put my money on expensive cars now, I always had a space for Skoda's in the corner of my heart. As you said this offers awesome space and luxury at half the price from cars above its segment. The only fear is after sales and service, Else this car has very nice character and is also nice to be seen arriving in one. I do agree with statement 'C-Class is a 35 lakh car masquerading as a 50-lakh one'. lol:

I think Skoda India will be on their toes to keep up their end of the "service experience " bargain, having to deal with the founder of the most popular automotive user community of the country!

Congratulations to both GTO and brother on this acquisition. Wish many superb miles ahead.

GTO - Kudos to your brother go going against the tide(you). Firstly for getting a Skoda(yes I too agree they have come a long way now since my dreaded DSG ownership woes of the Superb) and secondly for getting a new car and not a "pre-worshipped" :)

Quote:

IMHO, 33 lakhs for a Superb is a steal

Great deal! Are there any 2020 cars yet available with dealers? A close friend is on a look out and I recommended the Superb and Camry.

Which PPF are you getting? I have always been skeptical of ppf on white cars

Quote:

I feel this best-in-NEXT-class ad symbolizes what the Skoda Superb L&K is about (thanks to Smartcat for sharing the link!)

Congratulations GTO! Superb is always a super car. White looks really classy.

Just one question, does it make sense to buy 4-5 years old superb? Which one will you recommend, Petrol or Diesel? My guess is you will say Diesel.

How much it costs to maintain old Superb? Is it affordable or it's a gamble you need to account for before buying? I can see some good cars at very reasonable price that's why keen too know.

The Superb looks lovely and elegant. It is the appropriate size for a sedan in my books. It is my dream car. :)

--------------

OT: Is it just me or anyone notice that team-bhp takes a lot of time to load? I've experienced this many times last week and this week.

Congratulations GTO and Kunal! The Superb really look smashing in white and the added bonus of a blacked out roof which looks uber cool!
@ 30yrs old, your bro has really shown that he has arrived ... and in style!

Quote:

Skoda Superb L&K

Wow! Superb choice. Congratulations!!
I recently drove the 2TSI Superb over a short distance. The car is a gem of a car. Absolute hoot and effortless to drive even within the city despite its size. The 2020 L&k came in a blue shade (Skoda called it Lava blue, I think) which looks gorgeously elegant except for the chrome overdose.
Having gone through a gearbox replacement on my 2TDI Octavia, wishing you a very peaceful problem-free Skoda ownership!

Congratulations GTO and your brother too.

Very good choice.

A good friend of mine got the superb few weeks ago, from JMD and got exact same deal as you.:)

So I guess both of you should be happy that you got best possible deal.