Team-BHP - Skoda Superb : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Skoda Superb : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/175340-skoda-superb-official-review-30.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancer_rit (Post 4707519)
Not really. Worldwide, raised rough road suspension doesn't have DCC. Passat GC is not raised for india, I suspect

You're very right lancer_rit. Dug out an old post by avinash_clt on a specific thread. He is a goldmine on VAG.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post3994011

I now assume they will introduce it in 2020 as part of the facelift?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli (Post 4703172)
Dear all, I have completed almost 6000kms on the 1.8TSI MT

Good to know and best wishes going forward. My Superb is at 13k km.

Quote:

While I keep reading the forums, what I have NOT come across, yet, is any discussion on wheel geometry and / or any experience shared on wheel alignment and balancing of the Superb Mk2/3! Does the annual service include the dealership rip-off in the name of alignment balancing? Can someone post the alignment report, if any? Also, I didn't find anything in the rotation as well. (Maybe I missed it in the manual?) I have no issues, whatsoever, it drives straight with no steering and there's no vibration either, at any speed. But just curious to know.
Please find official wheel alignment chart for Superb Mk III. I would recommend to do all wheel alignment and balancing at an expert tyre store rather than any A.S.S. I did the wheel balancing and alignment at Madhus here in BLR, and they did a quality job. All wheel/tyre combo were unbalanced, and one pair remained unbalanced to minor degree (reduced) with Roadforce equipment they have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy73 (Post 4597070)

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 4597466)
Suggest you check out the 3D Kagu Maxspider range. These look too garish in my humble opinion!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy73 (Post 4597899)
Thanks, yes indeed you are right, I do agree these are better, I also found forum discussion, I am on right track again. :-)

Hi Andy73, which mats did you finally buy? OR did you go for the accessory kit from Skoda?

I am buying a superb L&K and am interested in upgrading the halogen fog lamps to higher powered LED bulbs without setting off any alarms inside the car of affecting the cornering function they follow. What do you recommend?

Folks, I am planning to pick up a 1.8Tsi L&K Superb in in Business Grey - my only confusion is that the dealer says these are 2019 2nd half manufactured cars but the interiors are all Beige. I see in this thread that L&K interiors were brown for MY19 cars. Can anyone confirm if L&K went back to Beige interiors in later 2019?

Edit: Dealer now says Brown interiors was only for cars that came in White or Black exterior colours. Business Grey was always Beige. Planning to do a VIN check on the car tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by niranjanrvce (Post 4756904)
Folks, I am planning to pick up a 1.8Tsi L&K Superb in in Business Grey - my only confusion is that the dealer says these are 2019 2nd half manufactured cars but the interiors are all Beige. I see in this thread that L&K interiors were brown for MY19 cars. Can anyone confirm if L&K went back to Beige interiors in later 2019?

Edit: Dealer now says Brown interiors was only for cars that came in White or Black exterior colours. Business Grey was always Beige. Planning to do a VIN check on the car tomorrow.

Yes, the dealer is correct, Brown interior was always and only in White or Black exterior colour cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aman-bh (Post 4756991)
Yes, the dealer is correct, Brown interior was always and only in White or Black exterior colour cars.

To add to this, the brown was a bit of an acquired taste. Some found it rich looking and adding to the luxury quotient. I didn't. :D

Running the VIN should put any worries to rest.

Heard that Tafe Access has 10+ nos BS4 Petrol Automatic Superb's with a discount of about 7L. Cars are new with most of them sitting with the protective film still there.

Hello DRSK
I did not buy mats, I went with default Skoda kit!!
Here are a few pics of my car
Skoda Superb : Official Review-car1.jpg
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_4717.jpg

It has been 6 months and drove about 6K so far on Bangalore roads and 1 Trip to Kerala.
I am enjoying every bit of it so far. The car looks very elegant, well proportioned, and simplistic, which is lovely

The drive is very nice, this is a petrol version. so super silent buttery smooth and powerful. Initially, I was worried about Auto transmission, as I am used to a manual transmission, I thought with auto transmission I may feel underpowered and could be hard to negotiate overtaking. but oo boy, just tap the accelerator there is enough surge of power to bring a big smile on your face !! I am loving every bit of it.

As the car is too long, I thought it could be hard to manoeuvre, but surprisingly it is not so, it is not hard at all, yes bit hard while parking in tight spaces but otherwise, it is very easy to drive.

Interiors are also super simple with a nice layout, thankfully there are physical buttons for AC unit, radio etc, I think it is really important to have physical buttons else we may be distracted while operating them during driving. it seems the new version is cutting down on physical buttons. Bad move maybe?

I am falling in love with this beauty every time I take her out on a date :-) I hope this love affair continues forever! (DSG ??? )

if there is 7L + discount WOW!!

Some updates : 9500kms

1) Enjoyable as always. Did the first trip to Jaipur with the family and it was an extremely pleasurable drive of 600kms up and down. Absolutely zero fatigue, and the car seems so relaxed at highway speeds on 6th gear!

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_20200304_074632786.jpg

Frugal! Considering this is the petrol manual, and includes terrible Delhi/Gurgaon/Ghaziabad traffic on the return leg.

2) No rattles, no squeaks. The instrument cluster/dashboard rattle has been solved by plugging small bits of black foam sheet around corners within the gaps.

3) Rubber beadings treated with silicone spray : no squeaks from doors as well.

4) One heart break moment: misjudged and scraped the front bumper. However a weekend DIY took care of it. The pics tell it all. All is well now! The touch up has been done with CAMLIN acrylic paint stupid:. It is not visible from a distance. 2000 grit sandpaper, 3M perfect It finishing compound, 2 NATARAJ erasers to hold the sand paper with a uniform grip, and Farecla wax for the final finish. Standard procedure: patience, prayer and love for the car!

BEFORE:

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_20200214_165543436.jpg

AFTER:

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_20200215_114336215.jpg

Lots of soap here : a well deserved bath every month, at the local hamam: lol:

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_20200216_100623498.jpg

Finally, the oil level is still within the OK mark of the dipstick. Perhaps being gentle helped. I am in two minds if I will wait for 15000kms before the service due in June or just do it at 10000kms.....this milestone would be reached in less than 10 months of ownership!

Plus, what about tyre rotation? Do I need to rotate it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli (Post 4765806)

1) Enjoyable as always. Did the first trip to Jaipur with the family and it was an extremely pleasurable drive of 600kms up and down. Absolutely zero fatigue, and the car seems so relaxed at highway speeds on 6th gear!

Frugal! Considering this is the petrol manual, and includes terrible Delhi/Gurgaon/Ghaziabad traffic on the return leg.

Wow, great mileage but probably down to your driving style and road conditions more than the 1.8 TSI :)

Quote:

2) No rattles, no squeaks. The instrument cluster/dashboard rattle has been solved by plugging small bits of black foam sheet around corners within the gaps.

Good to know. Did you face some squeaks from the sunroof area - beading as well as the manual blind ? This is a common Octy/Superb issue, it seems.

Quote:

4) One heart break moment: misjudged and scraped the front bumper. However a weekend DIY took care of it. The pics tell it all. All is well now! The touch up has been done with CAMLIN acrylic paint stupid:. It is not visible from a distance. 2000 grit sandpaper, 3M perfect It finishing compound, 2 NATARAJ erasers to hold the sand paper with a uniform grip, and Farecla wax for the final finish. Standard procedure: patience, prayer and love for the car!
That's looks like no scrape happened. Great job!

Quote:

Plus, what about tyre rotation? Do I need to rotate it?
Front <-> back on same side of the car is what's recommended. Please do wheel alignment/balancing at a capable tyre/wheel store, as I doubt A.S.S. would do a good job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancer_rit (Post 4768085)
Wow, great mileage but probably down to your driving style and road conditions more than the 1.8 TSI :)

Ah well...could be :uncontrol . But Highway driving on 6th and cruise control would be same for everyone, no? In city, yes, I am a very early up-shifter with a feather foot. My daily commute to work returns 12-13+ up down NCR traffic.

Quote:

Good to know. Did you face some squeaks from the sunroof area - beading as well as the manual blind ? This is a common Octy/Superb issue, it seems.
Not yet!

Quote:

That's looks like no scrape happened. Great job!
Thanks. :)

Quote:

Front <-> back on same side of the car is what's recommended. Please do wheel alignment/balancing at a capable tyre/wheel store, as I doubt A.S.S. would do a good job.
Ah! I guessed as much. The user manual, I wonder, why it doesn't have any mention of this! Does the ASS try to rip off by essentially bundling WA/WB and cite warranty issues if we refuse?

Quote:

Wow! that's almost 1100 kms of cruising range! have never seen such figures with my Octy. The max I have ever managed is about 900 kms of 'on MFD' range. You definitely are a saint on the roads and not doing justice to your TSI motor lol: By the way, worst ever range for me has been about 500 kms.

Quote:

Excellent mileage for a petrol. It helps that fuel tank capacity is 65. Just wondering how much will be the range for 2.0 TDI. Should be around 1.5k kms for a tank full?

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead (Post 4768533)
Wow! that's almost 1100 kms of cruising range! have never seen such figures with my Octy. The max I have ever managed is about 900 kms of 'on MFD' range. You definitely are a saint on the roads and not doing justice to your TSI motor lol: By the way, worst ever range for me has been about 500 kms.

I do get about 1000 to 1050 kms range for my regular office run in gurgaon in Octy TDI. Major distance being on the NH8 helps. Worst was around 700 so far.

Can anyone give the accurate 0-100 timings of the 1.8 TSI DSG and 2.0 TDI DSG?