Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2024, 18:47   #1006
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Hello everyone,
I am getting an April 2023 Manufactured Ignis Zeta MT for 6.81 OTR Delhi( including Extended Warranty)
Overall discount is almost 1.1L. Is it a good deal? It’s almost 1 year old.

Further any help regarding 2023 Stock Alpha/Zeta MT in NCR will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 8th March 2024, 21:05   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntee90 View Post
Hello everyone,
I am getting an April 2023 Manufactured Ignis Zeta MT for 6.81 OTR Delhi( including Extended Warranty)
Overall discount is almost 1.1L. Is it a good deal? It’s almost 1 year old.
Too old for the discount / benefits being offered. You can anyway extract a healthy 50 - 60k benefits on a 2024 model , let a alone a year old model.

Would suggest to check out Nov / Dec 2023 model with similar ~ 1 L discounts.

Also , push for higher cash discounts. Generally, their ‘discounts’ only mean these useless accessories which have inflated prices.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 07:31   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post

Would suggest to check out Nov / Dec 2023 model with similar ~ 1 L discounts.

Also , push for higher cash discounts. Generally, their ‘discounts’ only mean these useless accessories which have inflated prices.
This is proper 1.04L discount for 2023 Model(1L cash plus 4K corporate). No free accessories.
Similar deal for 2024 model works out to be 7.35L. (50k cash plus 4K corporate)

Any member who have leads for 2023 MY Ignis Zeta/Alpha models please let me know.

Thanks in advance !
Old 11th March 2024, 13:59   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntee90 View Post
This is proper 1.04L discount for 2023 Model(1L cash plus 4K corporate). No free accessories.
Similar deal for 2024 model works out to be 7.35L. (50k cash plus 4K corporate)

Any member who have leads for 2023 MY Ignis Zeta/Alpha models please let me know.

Thanks in advance !
Looks to be a decent deal but try pushing for more or try adding accessories on top of it.

For reference last year (2023) in January we bought a 2022 Aug manufactured Ignis Zeta Manual for around 7.2lac, ~50k cash discount + 5k corporate+ few free accessories (rear camera+ cover + footwell lighting).

There was an small update to Ignis last year, with hill hold and ESP added to the lineup. I believe the manual variant will have ESP as a standard feature now which MY 2022 models didn't have.
Gaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 09:52   #1010

Keyless Entry Issue.

Iam facing the issue while locking the car via remote which is factory fitted. After pressing 5-6 times also it doesn't lock. Suddenly it locks & then when unlock at the time it unlocks & locks properly. What can be issue any idea. If battery is the issue why only facing issue while locking & not while unlocking? Please suggest
Old 2nd April 2024, 19:15   #1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerthat View Post

Ownership review of Iggy | Ignis Alpha MT | 11500 km / 6 months

Update after 17,019 km and 1 year

Iggy just got serviced at 17000 km 2 weeks ago, and i thought it is time to add more updates to my ownership review.

1. AC struggles to cool initially in summer, when temperatures cross 37-38 degree Celsius.

2. Boot is surprisingly adequate! I remember telling myself that the missus and I will have to pack light when going on long trips. I am never a fan of placing the rear seats down for extra luggage space, but i never had to until now. One 79 cm large suitcase at the bottom + Two 55 cm suitcases on top + Two medium duffel bags can be easily placed in the boot (without the parcel try ofc) and this placement of luggage does not obstruct my rear view either.

3. Environmental odour seeps into the vehicle even when windows are closed and air recirculation is disabled. Not sure why this is happening.

4. The under-bonnet insulation/lining is beginning to come off. SA said it is an issue with all Ignis vehicles and quoted 1200 for replacement as it is not covered under warranty.

5. I had to replace my glove box as i broke it a few months ago trying to replace the AC filter myself. SA quoted 1600 along with going to the service centre again to get it replaced as the part was not in stock. I respectfully declined, bought the part on Boodmo for around 600 and changed it myself.

6. Barring a single scratch byan errant BMTC bus driver, Iggy has not been involved in any accidents so far (touchwood). I consider it an achievement keeping in mind the Bengaluru traffic and lawless state of affairs on roads.

7. I have begun to keep pepper spray in my vehicle seeing the number of road-rage incidents.

8. Mileage has improved slightly. 15 kmpl in medium to heavy traffic and 21-22 kmpl on highways. Though I do admit that the improvement may also be because I have started to drive more sedately.

Here's to munching more miles with this pocket dynamite!

Last edited by graaja : 2nd April 2024 at 19:18. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Please quote only a small or relevant part of a post
rogerthat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 09:35   #1012

Hi team,

I bought an Ignis AMT 3 months ago as my second (city) car. So far I am pleased with the car, especially with the spirited engine that revs and pulls eagerly.

I did the first free service and had one complaint to record: In the first and second gear, when I stomp the accelerator, the car judders. It happens only when I push the accelerator hard, and not when I press it lightly. I told the service advisor, who ignored it saying "that is how AGS behaves in all maruti cars". He even implied I was comparing it to my larger car, and therefore my expectations were wrong.

My question to all Ignis/Celerio AGS owners: Is this a defect I must push to get repaired, or is it really how Maruti AGS hatchbacks behave? I am seeking your inputs so I can sort this out during the second service.

Thanks for your guidance!
Old 24th April 2024, 13:19   #1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_shen View Post
Mi10 I too own an Ignis. But Delta AMT. It is a truly wonderful car when you drive it in the city. Peppy, can squeeze through tight spaces and parking is easy! Highway drive is not too bar either. It can cruise easily at 80-100 kmph, but you feel that you are going fast.
Thanks for the update... Do you ever face the 1st and 2nd gear judder under hard acceleration? Is this an annoying "feature" of Maruti AGS?
Old 24th April 2024, 14:00   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgo129 View Post
Thanks for the update... Do you ever face the 1st and 2nd gear judder under hard acceleration? Is this an annoying "feature" of Maruti AGS?
I have never noticed any type of judder when moving from 1st to 2nd gear. The car behaves smoothly. The only issue I faced was getting used to the delayed up or down shift of gears from Manual. But if you are driving sedately, it is barely noticeable. But have never keenly observed it. Will try to feel if there is any judder next time I take out the car.

The car has completed nearly 4.5 years of driving with 37K on the Odo. I am contemplating changing the transmission oil next service due at 38.5K. If any of you learned folks have any advice on this, please share your 2 cents.
mm_shen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 14:07   #1015
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgo129 View Post
I never faced this in my AltoK10 AGS or Ignis AGS.
If you also occasionally experience a judder in creep at very slow speed in 1st - your clutch/pressure plate are possibly worn. Very likely scenario if your car runs a lot in b2b traffic regularly. Maybe worth a check.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks