Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2023, 09:29   #946
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntPaul View Post
Also, anyway to source wiper rubber kit/refill online instead of the entire arm?
I recently got a set for my Ignis.

Here’s the link. Pretty good so far, atleast for the price. Surely better than the OEMs.

https://Power X Frameless Wiper Blad...n.eu/d/75QIKLk

On a side note, the OEMs cost 1098/- INR.
Old 29th July 2023, 18:33   #947
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone upgraded the stock speakers on the Ignis (Delta/Zeta/Alpha) ?

Looking for recommendations to replace stock speakers only which are exact fit to replace the Nippon's.

Mine is Zeta with Smartplay touchscreen.
Old 22nd August 2023, 22:05   #948

We welcomed Ignis Zeta MT into our family in June 2023. Initial impressions of the vehicle are good except for - Steering.

Vehicle doesn't provide any feedback to the driver during highway runs. There are no issues with respect to vehicle roll but the complete absence of feedback and connect makes you feel nervous during highway manoeuvres.
Also the grip diameter of steering wheel is too less. My Nexon's steering wheel feels much more chunky to hold and thus easier to operate. Initially i used to struggle with Ignis as my hand will slide over the slippery & thin steering wheel (I am still getting used to it).

I recently upgraded the stock Bridgestone Ecopia to Continental UC6 (Stock size : 175 / 65 R15). (Mileage on Bridgestone : 1500km). However my observations are different to the feedback shared by fellow BHPians.

1. The tyres (UC6) are more noisier compared to stock size, atleast till now. Is it because of the fresher tyres (Manufacturing : 15th week, 2023) & lower running. My daily drive during weekdays is ~ 14km. (7km each side).
I take the same route to my office, maintaining the same vehicle speed but the road noise level of UC6 feels higher than Ecopia currently.
Can fellow BHPians share their experience. Is it a common observation during initial days. Or the colder tyres (due to low running distance) can be the problem.

2. Mine is a Zeta, hence no Reverse Camera. I have seen members quoting Alpha model reverse camera fitment (position + harness + camera). But not able to find a post with images / part no.s/ dealership fitment experience.
Would appreciate if members share how they got OEM Alpha variant camera fitted at Maruti Service center.

3. During delivery i got the Alpha variant Floor Mats (as can be found in Team BHP Official review) with holes to keep the mats at place.
But the floor mat clips (which keeps the mat at place) were not provided / installed by the dealership. Is it possible to source them separately? & can they be installed in Zeta variant?

The biggest positive for the vehicle is the heart - K12 M Engine, it is one gem of a engine. Engine note is likeable when pushed, the motor is peppy and has enough grunt to pick from low rpms without downshifting in case of city driving.
The iteration in Swift & Baleno is much more refined & fuel efficient but this motor makes it up in terms of peppiness & a good F.E. figure if driven with a light foot.
Gear shift with shot throws adds to the joy on the road.
Lazy Learner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 14:27   #949
BHPian

It's been 9 months since we bought our Ignis sigma home in the famous "nexa blue" Or the celestial blue as they call it now.
The car has done 6300 kms till date which include 70% highway drives and 30% of busy Delhi traffic, which includes one outstation trip to Nainital as well which was total of 700 odd kms. Got the stock tyres upgraded at 3.5k kms to 195 section Yokohama tyres, the overall performance has changed drastically, the handling has improved the car is much silent now, I can feel the ride has also improved a bit.

The things I don't like is that we have never managed to extract mileage more than 15kmpl , no matter we drive it Sedately or in an enthusiastic manner we can't attain more than 15kmpl, the other downside is that the ride quality is very stiff and you feel each and every bump, car doesn't inspire confidence after 120kmph, although it isn't meant to be driven at such speeds.A/c performance is just average, nothing impressive. It takes sometime to cool the cabin and the cooling is not that effective.

Got the 2nd service done at 4k kms before the trip to nainital in the month of may, managed to cover just 2k kms after the 2nd service
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-inbound2175800886902020962.jpg  

Last edited by zaid qazi : 19th September 2023 at 14:46.
zaid qazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 14:48   #950
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaid qazi View Post
which include 70% highway drives and 30% of busy Delhi traffic,Got the stock tyres upgraded at 3.5k kms to 195 section Yokohama tyres, the overall performance has changed drastically, the handling has improved the car is much silent now, I can feel the ride has also improved a bit.

The things I don't like is that we have never managed to extract mileage more than 15kmpl , no matter we drive it Sedately or in an enthusiastic manner we can't attain more than 15kmpl,
Was this tank to tank method or by the MID figures?

195 section means two size up from the stock tyre size. Could be a major reason.

Also could you share the number of passengers during most of the trips and the usual cruising speed on the highways?
Old 19th September 2023, 15:14   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Was this tank to tank method or by the MID figures?

195 section means two size up from the stock tyre size. Could be a major reason.

Also could you share the number of passengers during most of the trips and the usual cruising speed on the highways?
Yes I attained these figures from tank to tank method and also the MID figures were almost the same.

There has been a slight drop in mileage after Upsizing the tyres but I never managed to get decent fuel efficiency figures even before swapping the tyres. The highest fuel efficiency figures that I attained before swapping tyres was 16 or 17kmpl

Mostly we are 3 members with a few shopping bags in the luggage, I usually don't drive beyond 100 kmph on the highway, I cruise somewhere around 90-100 kmph on the highways.
Old 19th September 2023, 15:50   #952
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I attained these figures from tank to tank method and also the MID figures were almost the same....There has been a slight drop in mileage after Upsizing the tyres but I never managed to get decent fuel efficiency figures even before swapping the tyres. The highest fuel efficiency figures that I attained before swapping tyres was 16 or 17kmpl...Mostly we are 3 members with a few shopping bags in the luggage, I usually don't drive beyond 100 kmph on the highway, I cruise somewhere around 90-100 kmph on the highways.
In the undivided single lane highways of Kerala, have seen Ignis get 17km/l, so should get more in the wider, more open highways of Delhi if you keep under 90km/h. Just now saw that you had covered 6k kms till now. Oldschool thinking, but maybe wait till 10k kms for the engine to really open up. Did you have the first oil change? Given that you mentioned the 2nd service was done at just 4k kms.

Asked about the passengers since I have noticed small capacity petrols' fuel efficiency fluctuating highly with the number of passengers in the car.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 08:27   #953
BHPian

Quote:
195 section Yokohama tyres
I have done 39,000 in my March 2020 Ignis. Been running stock size rubber since 15,000 mark, Continental UC6. Since you're running 195, am assuming it's 195/60/R15. Have you noticed the 195 bulges out quite a bit in the Ignis stock rims? It's 5J width, and minimum recommended for 195 is 6J. Would there be too much stress on the sidewalls if running 195 in 5J rims? Could this be a safety issue?
driver52001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 10:22   #954
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The highest fuel efficiency figures that I attained before swapping tyres was 16 or 17kmpl

Mostly we are 3 members with a few shopping bags in the luggage, I usually don't drive beyond 100 kmph on the highway, I cruise somewhere around 90-100 kmph on the highways.
Quote:
Oldschool thinking, but maybe wait till 10k kms for the engine to really open up. Did you have the first oil change? Given that you mentioned the 2nd service was done at just 4k kms.

Asked about the passengers since I have noticed small capacity petrols' fuel efficiency fluctuating highly with the number of passengers in the car.
My observation is that the Ignis seems to have shorter gearing compared to others. I don't know if its for real or not. Can't think of a reason why Maruti will go through the pains of changing the ratios, and not simply use the same set in all K12 cars of similar weight. But yes, I feel Ignis gears are shorter throughout the range. This results in the car revving rather high at highway speeds in overdrive 5th also, compared to what we'd usually expect. And this - actually has the biggest hit on the Ignis' FE on highways. It doesn't have the usually seen big difference in city & highway mileages, unlike other petrol cars. The moment you are over 80-90 KMPH - the cars starts guzzling gas.

Anyone else feels this?
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 11:20   #955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
My observation is that the Ignis seems to have shorter gearing compared to others. I don't know if its for real or not. Can't think of a reason why Maruti will go through the pains of changing the ratios, and not simply use the same set in all K12 cars of similar weight. But yes, I feel Ignis gears are shorter throughout the range. This results in the car revving rather high at highway speeds in overdrive 5th also, compared to what we'd usually expect. And this - actually has the biggest hit on the Ignis' FE on highways. It doesn't have the usually seen big difference in city & highway mileages, unlike other petrol cars. The moment you are over 80-90 KMPH - the cars starts guzzling gas.

Anyone else feels this?
Absolutely. The Ignis doesn't give more than 19kmpl on highways if driven mostly in the 70-100kmph range. I have highlighted this earlier on this forum how the engine RPM is relatively high at speeds above 80kmph and at 100kmph its around 2700rpm, not very optimal.

However in the city speeds the average is around 16-17kmpl, which is quite good considering the kind of traffic we have.
DCEite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 11:23   #956
BHPian

Quote:
In the undivided single lane highways of Kerala, have seen Ignis get 17km/l, so should get more in the wider, more open highways of Delhi if you keep under 90km/h. Just now saw that you had covered 6k kms till now. Oldschool thinking, but maybe wait till 10k kms for the engine to really open up. Did you have the first oil change? Given that you mentioned the 2nd service was done at just 4k kms.

I just hope that happens and I can achieve better fuel efficiency figures after 10k mark, as of now I haven't got the first oil change it will be done year at 10k kms/ 1 year mark. Hoping that fuel efficiency figures improve in the future🤞.
Old 20th September 2023, 11:28   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver52001 View Post
I have done 39,000 in my March 2020 Ignis. Been running stock size rubber since 15,000 mark, Continental UC6. Since you're running 195, am assuming it's 195/60/R15. Have you noticed the 195 bulges out quite a bit in the Ignis stock rims? It's 5J width, and minimum recommended for 195 is 6J. Would there be too much stress on the sidewalls if running 195 in 5J rims? Could this be a safety issue?
I too was concerned about this before swapping the tyres to 195 section tyres but I read on this thread a few people have upgraded to 195 section tyres on the stock rims/alloys and they haven't faced any issue and yes the tyres are 195/60/R15 Yokohama blue earth 1.

I from my personal experience haven't faced any issues after swapping the tyres on the other hand the overall experience has improved after swapping the tyres although the ground clearance has decreased by a few mm.I don't think it bulges out a lot and doesn't feel abnormal to naked eyes, This is how it looks after swapping the tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-inbound1686924814513717080.jpg  

Last edited by zaid qazi : 20th September 2023 at 11:46.
Old 20th September 2023, 12:42   #958
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
My observation is that the Ignis seems to have shorter gearing compared to others. I don't know if its for real or not. But yes, I feel Ignis gears are shorter throughout the range. This results in the car revving rather high at highway speeds in overdrive 5th also, compared to what we'd usually expect. And this - actually has the biggest hit on the Ignis' FE on highways. It doesn't have the usually seen big difference in city & highway mileages, unlike other petrol cars. The moment you are over 80-90 KMPH - the cars starts guzzling gas.
That is a plausible reason. One can shift to 5th at around 40-45km/h itself without any engine lugging in the Ignis (with 1 or 2 people inside). Maybe that is why it gives good fuel efficiency in the undivided single lane highways of Kerala. Will be bang in the meaty/efficient rpm at the usual 60-70km/h speeds, with no chance (traffic-wise or legally) to cross 80km/h. Need for minimal gearshifts too.

Maybe the short gearing is also the reason why Ignis has such a relatively low ARAI figure even with its low kerb weight and compared to others who share the same engine.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 20:21   #959
Senior - BHPian

After considering cars like Ignis, Tiago and i10 Nios mainly, I finally got Ignis Zeta AGS 2 months back (Glistering grey). I am really happy with the purchase.

Ignis is one car which is very underrated. It does many things well over others and provide you best value for money.

My purchasing price was 7.92 Lakhs OTR in Pune for Zeta Automatic including exchange bonus. This price includes extended warranty as well for 5 years. Plus I got 10 K accessories free from dealer. I think in current scenario this is the best deal. Points I like about Ignis -

1. 1.2 Liter K series engine is a gem. It's the best in the market.
2. Best average, superior engine compared to other manufacturer's. Proper 4 cylinder engine with great NVH.
3. Good ground clearance - 180 mm is more than sufficient in most of the cases.
4. Good features for the price you pay. Zeta variant has true Keyless entry, Alloy wheels, Spoiler, Roof rails, Infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple Car play, Steering mounted controls, Electrically operated mirrors, fog lamps, rear wiper too & few more. Nobody is offering all these features within 8 lakhs OTR (Currently good discounts are going on)
5. Funky SUV type styling, I quite like it.
6. Not very common on roads, you get uniqueness. It don't carry budget car badge for sure like Alto, Wagon R, Celerio, Tiago, etc.
7. Suspension is little stiff but not bad at all.
8. Good space inside. One will get surprised seeing space it offers inside. Boot space is also good at 260 Lit.
9. AMT is nice, less jerky. Its slow to start but gain pick up soon. As this will be used by my wife mainly, this is very useful for me.

Really happy with the car till now and I highly recommend this car for people who are looking for a city car or as a second car. I will any day recommend this car over cars like Wagon R, Celerio, Tiago, i10 Nios etc. In fact if you are on a tight budget, you can also think this over Swift or Baleno, as it has same engine. You can also buy it over other cars like Kiger, Magnite, i20 etc. as it offers more or less same package in much less price. Also being Maruti, you will get peace of mind free of cost as a bonus. Being sold via Nexa, it has got premium features as well like true keyless entry, rear wiper, ACC, Alloys, etc. in top end variant. With some interesting discounts going on, it makes really a sensible buy. Overall I am very happy and satisfied with what I got for the price. Soon I will write a detailed review with photos.
aniketi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 11:26   #960
BHPian

my 2022 Ignis Zeta went for its third service (first oil change) last weekend. The bill mentions 0W16 oil instead of 0W20 grade as per user manual. Is this a common practice? Should I be concerned?

I think price wise there is little/no difference, 3.2L 0W16 is billed at 1250.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks