Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2023, 00:38   #871

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

I bought Sigma for 5.4L in Delhi in July 2022. Got Sony 7" touchscreen, 6 speaker setup, reverse parking camera and seat covers installed aftermarket for 35k. 6L is too much imo. But if you don't want aftermarket hassle then get Zeta.
Sagarjagga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 00:09   #872
BHPian

Dear members, 2 days ago I was travelling to Mumbai and had halted at the shell pump in Wakad before the expressway for refueling. They had a free fluid check up. Upon inspection, coolant was found to be slightly low. They topped it up with around 400 ml of the green one which I believe is the same one that Maruti uses for the Ignis. The petrol pump executive then checked the oil. She told me that oil level is fine but the oil has lost its viscosity and should be replaced. I didn’t trust her blindly and told her that I’ll replace it later.

Now my query is query around the Maruti 0w 20 mineral oil which they recommend replacing at 10k kms/1 year. The last oil change of the Ignis was done at 10,112 kms (4th year service) at MASS on 30/7/2022. It’s really hard to believe that the oil would lose its viscosity in just 2k kms. Or, the pump guys were probably trying to scam me to change the oil.
Old 23rd January 2023, 00:22   #873
Senior - BHPian

I dont really trust the recommendations of shell , whos job is to reach targets. If you have doubts go visit MASS again
Old 23rd January 2023, 13:47   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagarjagga View Post
I bought Sigma for 5.4L in Delhi in July 2022. Got Sony 7" touchscreen, 6 speaker setup, reverse parking camera and seat covers installed aftermarket for 35k. 6L is too much imo. But if you don't want aftermarket hassle then get Zeta.
Thanks for your reply.

The sigma variant for 6lac includes all the accessories you mentioned plus a few more (mats, corner protector, door visor) + extended warranty worth 10k that if waived off total comes to 5.9lac something for Mumbai registration, which i feel is similar for what you paid assuming its delhi.

Zeta feels more value for money to me and they also have few more color options to choose from compared to Sigma.
Old 25th January 2023, 02:10   #875
BHPian

I bought Sigma for 5.4L in Delhi in July 2022. Got Sony 7" touchscreen, 6 speaker setup, reverse parking camera and seat covers installed aftermarket for 35k. 6L is too much imo. But if you don't want aftermarket hassle then get Zeta.[/QUOTE

How did you manage to get the car in 5.4l with all these accessories when the ex-showroom price it-self is 5.35l?
I too got a really good deal but the maximum discount I got was some where around 45k and the deal I got was of 6.1l but the accessories installed in my car was worth 45k not 35k

Last edited by zaid qazi : 25th January 2023 at 02:23.
Old 25th January 2023, 02:21   #876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur View Post
Thanks for your reply.

The sigma variant for 6lac includes all the accessories you mentioned plus a few more (mats, corner protector, door visor) + extended warranty worth 10k that if waived off total comes to 5.9lac something for Mumbai registration, which i feel is similar for what you paid assuming its delhi.

Zeta feels more value for money to me and they also have few more color options to choose from compared to Sigma.
You are getting a good deal, I too got a similar deal but then I tried pushing my SA for further discounts but then he refused and offered few more accessories free for example a rear spoiler worth 5.5k and few others. So the over all discount that i manage to get was somewhere around 45-46k so if you are also getting the same deal and same discount on ignis sigma then you can think of going ahead with it because nothing as good as an ignis is available in the similar budget.
zaid qazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 02:27   #877

Ohh no, I paid 5.4L for the car and 35k extra in the market to get these accessories. Total cost 5.75L. They gave me 48k around cash discount + 10k exchange bonus + price matched the insurance quote.
To get the ball moving, I told them that so and so nearby Maruti dealer is already giving me this much discount and the sales person jumped to match the discount.
Sagarjagga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 02:34   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagarjagga View Post
Ohh no, I paid 5.4L for the car and 35k extra in the market to get these accessories. Total cost 5.75L. They gave me 48k around cash discount + 10k exchange bonus + price matched the insurance quote.
To get the ball moving, I told them that so and so nearby Maruti dealer is already giving me this much discount and the sales person jumped to match the discount.
Ohh that's how you manage to get a good deal. Yes they were offering me 15k exchange bonus if I am willing to exchange my old car but unfortunately this is our first family car so we couldn't take that benefit.
One more question did you opt for the extended warranty and the maruti reward card

Last edited by zaid qazi : 25th January 2023 at 02:36.
Old 25th January 2023, 02:39   #879

No extended warranty but maruti card was forced for 1k or something.
Old 26th January 2023, 19:32   #880
BHPian

I'm using a 6 year old Ignis Alpha MT. Mostly for city duties. I'm bit irritated by trashy ride quality, steering not returning to center and cabin noise. Odo is at 31k kms now. Factory fitted Bridgestone has at-least 2mm thread above the TWI. So can easily do another 10k kms.
I'm thinking of changing tyres to softer compound ones, like continental UC6 175/65. Does it improve the ride comfort any bit? I'm hoping the steering would be bit precise as well due to new thread.
Any experience anyone, like to take your feedback, before spending on new tyres.
Old 26th January 2023, 19:51   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinbie2019 View Post
I'm using a 6 year old Ignis Alpha MT. Mostly for city duties. I'm bit irritated by trashy ride quality, steering not returning to center and cabin noise. Odo is at 31k kms now. Factory fitted Bridgestone has at-least 2mm thread above the TWI. So can easily do another 10k kms.
I'm thinking of changing tyres to softer compound ones, like continental UC6 175/65. Does it improve the ride comfort any bit? I'm hoping the steering would be bit precise as well due to new thread.
Any experience anyone, like to take your feedback, before spending on new tyres.
Get 185/65 instead of 175/65.
Will improve ride quality and bit of steering feel as well.
Yakuza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 12:46   #882
BHPian

Got a Zeta MT few days back. would be mostly used as a city run about car.
Its a 2022 sept make, got some decent discount on it.
With maruti insurance, basic accessories package and rear camera it came around 7.20 lac.

We needed a tall boy design considering ease of use for parents.

Just driven 50kms yet, overall a nice package.
However nexa experience was a downer, we were told it's a December make which later turned out to be September, small scratch on passenger side door, accessories not installed properly , tyres overinflated to 45 psi.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-pxl_20230205_0434367362.jpg  

Gaur is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 14:05   #883
BHPian

My Ignis has done 31,000 km. Bought it in March 2020. Delta petrol manual. These days, after cranking up the engine, when I release my foot from the clutch, the revv surges with a loud noise before it hums in a normal way. This surge doesn't used to happen before. This revv surge is different from the higher than normal revv that all cars show during cold start. Could this be an issue?
Old 20th February 2023, 14:10   #884
BHPian

I am looking to buy a pre-owned Ignis Zeta AMT. The dealer has shared pictures of the car. One thing which caught my eye is a missing sticker on one of the injectors. I am wondering whether some work has been done on the injectors which might have resulted in the missing sticker. Should I be concerned about that?

Year Make: 2019
Mileage: 17K
Ask: Rs 5.40 Lacs
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-screenshot_20230220135827.png  

Old 24th February 2023, 16:39   #885
BHPian

IGNIS is now equipped with Electronic Stability Program (ESP) and Hill Hold Assist as standard feature across all the variants providing an added safety shield for its customers. It is also compliant with the upcoming E20 and Real Driving Emission (RDE) norms.

Read more here.
haribalram is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks