Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2022, 22:54   #766
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post

Lastly, to all ignis owners, I recently installed Blaupunkt 9x Pro H4 Leds in the headlights and its a world of difference. Although I never prefer 6000k + lights but had no other option as the stock ones were extremely bad. I would actually consider them dangerous ( halogen ones).

Cheers
Please share some pics of your new head lights in action.
Old 14th June 2022, 12:00   #767
BHPian

I own an Ignis 2017 Alpha Petrol MT, brought it as used, done so far 7000 kms, havent reset MID, fuel efficiency hovers around 16.8 kmpl to 17.5 kmpl. All within Bangalore, spanning good, bad and ugly traffic conditions. It is only what MID displays as average fuel efficiency based on 7000kms driving
Old 16th June 2022, 00:19   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
There is a very slight fouling with the front wheel cladding just behind the bumper. I guess with some running, the same should be sorted as it's in millimeters.

I am keeping the tire pressures at 32Psi and the ride quality hasn't changed much from stock.
That's acceptable IMO.

Talking about tyre pressure, I run on Continental UC6 and keep the front tyre pressure at 33 and the rear at 32. I noticed that with the Company recommended 36 front and 32 rear, the car goes all over the place.
What does others recommend ?
Old 16th June 2022, 11:02   #769
BHPian

I recently left my Ignis for periodic service. It came back with the thread in the parcel tray missing. I contacted the service personnel twice. I don't want to waste my time anymore. Is there any way I can get the thread alone seperately? or should I get the entire parcel tray?
Old 16th June 2022, 14:14   #770
BHPian

Is there any news of an all new Ignis? The current gen Ignis was launched in 2017, and apart from facelift, nothing has changed. Now, with the Citroen C3 being launched, Maruti could revive the demand by launching an all new version.

Although Ignis is smaller in size, compared to C3, the concept is same.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 15:11   #771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Is there any news of an all new Ignis? The current gen Ignis was launched in 2017, and apart from facelift, nothing has changed. Now, with the Citroen C3 being launched, Maruti could revive the demand by launching an all new version.

Although Ignis is smaller in size, compared to C3, the concept is same.
Agree - it has been quite a while - they can add a mild hybrid system and launch with better mileage figures as well. But - I have not heard of any new version being launched soon.
Old 3rd July 2022, 12:03   #772
Senior - BHPian

I just came back from a test drive of a manual Alpha Ignis. Apart from the good things, I observed a few potentially negative ones, which owners can comment upon.
1) The ceiling at the doors is about an inch or two lower than the roof ceiling, so you feel a bit hemmed in and also have to be careful not to hit your head during ingress/egress. Maybe they did that to increase rigidity along the roof/frame, but is something to watch out for.
2) There is a visibility gap (I wouldnt say blind spot) in the rear C pillar where the slanted kink cuts into the quarter glass, so viewing cross traffic while turning right into a busy street could require some additional attention.
3) Although the steering did self-return, I felt that it didn't look to be too steady and there was quite a play even at dead centre during straight road driving.

I have also looked at the Grand I10 Nios and while it also has a few issues (like ingress/egress for rear being much lower, also rear leg room), it generally felt like a more airy car with better all round visibility. better steering feel. Would love to hear Ignis owner's views on those above points especially.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 3rd July 2022 at 12:05.
Old 4th July 2022, 00:56   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I just came back from a test drive of a manual Alpha Ignis. Apart from the good things, I observed a few potentially negative ones, which owners can comment upon.
1) The ceiling at the doors is about an inch or two lower than the roof ceiling, so you feel a bit hemmed in and also have to be careful not to hit your head during ingress/egress. Maybe they did that to increase rigidity along the roof/frame, but is something to watch out for.
2) There is a visibility gap (I wouldnt say blind spot) in the rear C pillar where the slanted kink cuts into the quarter glass, so viewing cross traffic while turning right into a busy street could require some additional attention.
3) Although the steering did self-return, I felt that it didn't look to be too steady and there was quite a play even at dead centre during straight road driving.

I have also looked at the Grand I10 Nios and while it also has a few issues (like ingress/egress for rear being much lower, also rear leg room), it generally felt like a more airy car with better all round visibility. better steering feel. Would love to hear Ignis owner's views on those above points especially.
Driving a White Ignis Alpha since 6th February 2022 and today also did a 150 Km highway run and never had any issues with ingress or egress . I did bump my head while getting in a Jeep Compass Limited though few months back.
The C pillar is understandably thick and there may be some issues with blind spot to some but then again , IMO one gets used to it and a lot depends upon how you use your ORVMs and overall experience in driving.
Steering is rock steady at all speeds and I guess your experience is most probably due to the test drive car you drove. Yes it should weigh up more on highway and at higher speeds but then again you can't have everything. There are cars with their pros and cons. I have noticed the steering very slightly move when the ignition is off and you press the start button, before pressing the clutch pedal. I don't know why that happens but it happens only a very few times and that's about it

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 4th July 2022 at 00:58.
ultimatechamp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 20:44   #774
BHPian

Quote:
1. Haven't observed the door and the height non alignment. Also haven't hit the head since 2017 once. 2. Haven't felt this was an isssue, at least for me. 3. Can't comment on 3 as I drive a 2017 Ignis, where the steering doesn't come back to the centre position. Happy car shopping.
Joelinf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 21:21   #775
BHPian

Quote:
The 195/60 R15 tyres on my ignis has made quite a difference to the steering feel. Also improved the return to center action. However, I would recommend to change the rim to 5.5 (swifts ZDI+ alloy is a perfect replacement) in case you are upgrading to 195/60 as the stock 5.0 rims can handle 185 sections at max.
Old 11th July 2022, 18:57   #776

I own Ignis Zeta AMT 2017 and have clocked ~30K Km. Although I've not driven the Grand I10 Nios, Ignis is likely to score better for following: (i) cost of ownership (ii) a better mileage (iii) 60:40 split rear seat (iv) on paper it is ~75mm taller & 10 mm wider! (v) Ignis Zeta AMT could be more VFM!
TorqTSN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 08:44   #777
BHPian

Hi, I am looking at picking up an Ignis Zeta AMT as an urban/daily runabout. Wanted to know whether the current production lots of Ignis come with the same latest generation of Marelli AMT units doing duty in the Celerio, or are they older generation ones?
Pequod is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 15:02   #778
BHPian

Hello Ignis owners,

I am an owner of the 1st Gen Ignis (2018 model) Petrol AMT. I have been observing an issue with cold starts. The car stutters for the first few 100s of metres after a cold start. The movement from my parking slot till a few metres into the road are jerky. I complained about it during my services, but the issue still remains. The service guy told me, this is a common issue with AMTs. Is it the case? Starts after driving for some distances are pretty smooth.

I try to rev it a bit after ignition on to eliminate the stutter/jerks. It doesn't work always. Any suggestions / recommendations? Thanks for the advice.
haribalram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 09:49   #779
BHPian

I found related posts on Maruti AMT issues here (Maruti's AMT woes).

Specifically through this (Maruti's AMT woes)post (although on Swift AMT), I am able to draw some parallels. The guidance appears to be continue until the clutch becomes unmanageable and needs replacement.

PS: The gentleman appears to have gotten the issue resolved here (Maruti's AMT woes).

Last edited by haribalram : 17th August 2022 at 10:07. Reason: Added resolution link
Old 17th August 2022, 10:29   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
I am an owner of the 1st Gen Ignis (2018 model) Petrol AMT. I have been observing an issue with cold starts.
There is a separate discussion specifically for Ignis. You can find it here. (Maruti Ignis: Slight juddering on cold start. Why?)

I've been facing this issue since 2018 and around 8k on the ODO. Now I always let the engine warm up for a minute before engaging 'D/R' mode. The ECU lowers the revs after 40 seconds. I wait for a bit longer. This certainly helps and I barely notice any jerks after that.

Mind you, this is specifically about cold starts. I've never faced any jerks/ abnormal lag under normal driving conditions. Currently the ODO is at 30k+.

Last edited by Keeleri_Achu : 17th August 2022 at 10:32.
Keeleri_Achu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks