Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2020, 14:32   #631
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Many congratulations on owning this car. We have the same delta AMT as a beater car. Nothing can beat this car . I thoroughly enjoy driving this inside city limits. As mentioned in various reviews AMT isn't as bad as written about. It's a good box for sure.

For highway drives fatigue sets in owing to soft stock seats of Ignis as compared to my Punto for those long hauls. Once did a Trichy-Chennai and back with Ignis. Mileage was stupendous but drive was quite tiring to our family as compared to Punto. Similar situation you may see with Ecosport and Ignis too. However mods can be done to harden seats a bit. Excellent car Ignis is.
Thank you for your wishes and reply! My previous car, 2016-2018, was a Punto 75HP model, and in fact we almost finalized buying a pre-owned 90HP one during the initial days of our car hunt for wife. Then things swayed by the automatic side.

Quote:
And be gentle on man holes/bumps in roads as compared to Ecopsort. AMT engine components sits lower in height than MT in ignis engine bay is what service adviser said me. Don't know if it's true. Anyway be cautious.
Our experience is here
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4720067 (Maruti Ignis : Official Review)
Wow, that's one ordeal that you've gone through. Thank you for the warning, we're going to be extra careful now on those bad roads and potholes.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 12:10   #632

A few visual add-ons and I am in love with the white & red combination. Tyres are 195/60.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-2dacd976a2a641f696d7686bb664b802.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-af2597e58b724994978f06497f44c2bb.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_4348.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_4562.jpg  

rdas81 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 23:30   #633
BHPian

Just did a quick weekend retreat to Auroville, Pondy in our recently picked up pre-owned Ignis Delta AMT. The drive was close to 350Kms in total. The car performed flawlessly, and was effortless to drive in those narrow and crowded stretches of Pondicherry, thanks to AMT. Though I didn't expect highway stability and fun to drive quotient of my Ecosport 1.5D, I was pleasantly surprised by how stable and fun the Ignis is on those sweet stretches of ECR. Adding to all of that, the car was frugal as well. Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase. Some pics of our humble Ignis for now.

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-ignis1.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-ignis2.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-i4gnis.jpg

The car was loaded with 4 passengers, along with luggage and AC on most of the time.

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-fe.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited by Sheel : 29th January 2021 at 15:08. Reason: Please proof read prior to submission and use spell-checkers. Thanks.
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 09:31   #634
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
Just did a quick weekend retreat to Auroville, Pondy in our recently picked up pre-owned Ignis Delta AMT. The drive was close to 350Kms in total.
Your opinion on Ignis's seat and long drive comfort for all 4 of you ?
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 17:28   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Your opinion on Ignis's seat and long drive comfort for all 4 of you ?
One disclaimer is that no one who traveled with us is a car person. I just checked with each passenger who traveled in our car, and no one had any complaints with the support, so I'm happy with the comfort as well. As I was in the driver seat all the time, my only one con was my left leg was hitting the centre dashboard all the time, blame it on my height of 6"2, but I forgot/got accustomed to it after a while. On yeah, I had good fun pushing the car into those narrow streets and forests of Auroville.

@KPR and all: I'm planning for a tyre upgrade early next year, please let me know if you have any recommendations.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 20:27   #636
BHPian

Quote:
@KPR and all: I'm planning for a tyre upgrade early next year, please let me know if you have any recommendations.
Cheers!
195/60 and 185/60 are within the +- 2% tolerance limit over stock.

With 195/60, the sidewall height is relatively more than stock while on 185/60, it is marginally less. Ignis with its stiff suspension and non existent steering feedback, my first pick would be

1) Michelin Primacy 4ST- as it will improve both the comfort and steering feedback. Only issue is the cost.
2) Yokos BlueEarth GT - similar at a lower cost
3) If 185/60 - Michelin XM2+, followed by Yoko Earth-1.

There are other good choices listed in tbhp are continental UC6 or MRF perfinzas, but I haven't used them to comment.
Sridhar K is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 21:57   #637

My Ignis Zeta 1.2 Petrol Manual 2017 has completed 30k on odo. This car is doing great so far, and no issues reported at all.
Primary user of this Ignis are my parents and they find it super convenient for city drives, highway drives and even the bad roads.

My parents love the below mentioned points about this Ignis:
1) 180mm GC has been a boon for them.
2) Wide opening doors and upright seating position, they find the entry/exit from ignis super convenient.

Below is an ownership review video for the same

himanshumor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 11:32   #638

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
There are other good choices listed in tbhp are continental UC6 or MRF perfinzas, but I haven't used them to comment.

Can confirm that the Continental UC6s are great value. My initial impressions of the tyres on my Ignis Alphaare here (Continental tyres). I've driven another 500km or so since then, and it has been a great experience. They're comfortable and properly grippy. I'd definitely recommend these to anyone looking for new shoes for their Ignis or any other mini/supermini.
Invariance is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 19:53   #639
Senior - BHPian

My Wife's Ignis Alpha AMT completed 15000Kms today and what a day it was. The car is 16 months old. It's been a reliable and worthy second car in our garage. Had got the tyres changed to 185 profile Michelin XM2 soon after delivery, this is a must for this car.

Today, I took this car for a day's trip to Ooty, Kotagiri from Mysore and back.
Total distance covered is around 380Kms completed in about 11Hrs including breaks and sight seeing.
This is the first time this car was taken for a drive other than daily commutes within Bangalore and a few drives to Mysore and back.

Usually such drives are done in my EcoSport, but this time wanted to test the Ignis on the hairpins and the curvy roads.
Needless to say, I enjoyed the drive. Most of the drive was completed in manual mode and Auto was used very sparingly.
The AMT box is at it's best in the manual mode. The gear changes are sufficiently quick, both downshift and upshifts. Today, I could use the engine braking around the twisty roads to great effect.
Yes, it's not as fun as a DSG or a TC, but still it's up there in the fun quotient.

Before lockdown, Ignis was my wife's daily commuter covering 60Kms daily from Bannerghatta Road to Manyata tech park. It is a very easy car to drive drive within city and the GC of 180mm helps a lot. My parents prefer this over my EcoSport due to it's easy ingress and egress. We earlier had 2 door E2O for city commutes, this has been a good upgrade over it.

- GC of 180mm
- Wide opening doors offering easy ingress and egress
- Features offered in top trim
- Wifey likes the looks, I am ok with it
- Space offered both in front and back. More than sufficient for a second car
- Overall FE

Dislikes:
- Soft seats can get uncomfortable for longer drives
- Thin build typical of Maruti
- Fuel tank capacity and range. This is just me, since I am used to longer 750-900Km range offered by my EcoSport
- Minor rattles have crept up within a few months
- Android Auto has a mind of it's own
- Position of AC vents
speedmiester is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 09:56   #640
BHPian

Advice needed. Nexa is charging ₹4590 for door side beading/cladding for Ignis. Is this worth the money ? Is door side beading really necessary ?
Old 6th January 2021, 10:22   #641
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueSteer View Post
Advice needed. Nexa is charging ₹4590 for door side beading/cladding for Ignis. Is this worth the money? Is door side beading really necessary?
Not necessary IMHO. You can live without them and if you do feel the need, surf around the local reputed accessory store and get it from them rather than NEXA.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 12:47   #642
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Advice needed. Nexa is charging ₹4590 for door side beading/cladding for Ignis. Is this worth the money ? Is door side beading really necessary ?
If you feel it enhances the look of your Ignis go for it.
Old 9th January 2021, 21:17   #643
BHPian

Our New Ignis Sigma 2021 with some exterior modifications.
We have installed Blaupunkt Key Largo 9 inches.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20210109_211156.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20210109_211136.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20210109_211117.jpg  

bhpindian is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 16:11   #644
BHPian

Did anybody install a rear camera in Zeta ? Not the bumper one. Looking for camera near number plate like Alpha. Information appreciated. TIA
Old 29th January 2021, 13:29   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Did anybody install a rear camera in Zeta ? Not the bumper one. Looking for camera near number plate like Alpha. Information appreciated. TIA
i have installed in my Ignis. Please see post no 620.
archat68 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks