Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2020, 09:52   #571
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Hi Ank.nsit
half a second delay in steering response is way too much.
Either you are misinterpreting or the specific Version of model you test drove may have bug. Test drive different period manufactured version.

But I have never came across anyone complaining this. Even I drive 2018 Model AMT ignis, there is NO problem except, steering return to center. That is also not a problem as such, you will get used to that soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
While driving the car at let's say at 60kmph, assume you see a pothole suddenly on the road. And you immediately turn the steering a little to right or left to avoid the pothole. You will notice that the car responds a little late to the steering maneuver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
It's one of Maruti's most under rated cars.
You are right. Car is much better structurally when compared to Dzire, Baleno or even new swift.

Just ONE Inch increasing the width of C pillar portion would have major positive addition in its rear looks. ( in its Face lift version )
Also MSIL made a BIG mistake in marketing and Displaying only Thin and Ugly black colored Alloy wheels. Ignis Looks BEST in silver colored wheel covers over normal steel rims, or even in Silver colored Rims
Lightning2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 00:16   #572
Distinguished - BHPian

My Mom's low run Ignis AMT turned 3 during the recent lockdown and just before the anniversary, the car's fuel lid stopped working altogether which meant that the fuel latch could not be shut. This was during the initial lockdown and hence I was not in a position to go and check it out myself. Also since my Mom had to go to the hospital every day during the lockdown, this open fuel lid posed a bit of a problem. Popular Motors managed to get someone to come to my parent's house and tie the lid down with a rope, so that was a makeshift solution. He said that once the lockdown was over, they could take the car to the SVC and get it fixed.

Once the lockdown restrictions were eased, on the 11th of May, Popular Motors sent out an SMS informing owners that they were open for service and provided the name and contact number of a service advisor. Based on that, I tried getting the service folks to pick up the car and fix the issue. The SVC is 500 metres from my Mom's hospital and for the last 3 years they have been collecting the car from the hospital parking lot and dropping it back without any challenges. It ended up being quite frustrating for several reasons. It took so many phone calls and follow ups from my end to get this simple issue fixed by Popular. I lost track of the number of times that I told them that they need to walk around the corner and pick up the car and in the next sentence they would say, "Sir, you have to come and drop the car in the SVC" Despite telling them about the timelines within which we needed the car back, no heed was paid to it by Popular.

In fairness, the service advisor mentioned that they were a bit shortstaffed and didnt have any senior mechanics with them, which was understandable given that there was a global crisis going on. However, this required replacing a simple cable. If they were unable to do this in the committed time frame, they shouldnt have taken the car in the first place. Also dont tell a customer you will send a driver to pick it up and then not do so. If you dont have the required staff, just inform us and we will wait for a week more instead of just dilly dallying and wasting our time !

Anyway, Popular managed to source the cable from one of the other service centers. This is the cable that went from the lever in the footwell to the fuel lid and the bill came to a grand total of Rs 28. Despite the service advisor promising to get the car delivered back to us (several hours after they were supposed to!), they were unable to manage the logistics. So I had to drive across town, pick up my Mom and go to the SVC to get the car at a time when all of us were trying to avoid moving around, given the prevailing Corona virus issues.

In the middle of all this back and forth, someone from the Popular Motors call center kept ringing me to say that it was time for the car's service and wanted to know when the car could be made available! I had to inform her that they didnt have mechanics available in the SVC to do the service in the first place and asked her to speak to the service in-charges. Typical left hand and right hand not knowing what each is doing. Anyways, given that these were extenuating circumstances, we tried to ignore the poor response from Popular and gave them the benefit of the doubt. Let's see if they can provide a better service experience once things settle down for them operationally. I am quite tempted to just take it to our FNG and get it serviced there where things are done in a timely and proper manner. Overall, from day 1, our service experience with Popular has been quite middle of the road and there has been nothing to make Nexa stand out as something to be recommended.

What prompted me to write this post though, was a call that I received today from the Maruti Suzuki central team asking about the "service" which was done recently. It was supposed to be a 10 minute feedback call but mid way through the call, the person from Maruti Suzuki realized that I had only got a cable replaced and it wasnt actually a service that was done. He immediately finished the call when he realized this. Rather premium experience, indeed!
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 19:51   #573
BHPian

Installed iphcar projectors with hid sourced from Blaze Cars, New Delhi in the fog. Pretty good experience. The light output is vastly improved although I think it could be a tad better.
Please see the pictures below. The first one is only projector fog, 2nd is only low beam (Chinese led cnsunnylight), 3rd fog+projector, 4th is fog +high beam.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20200630_191510.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20200630_191521.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20200630_191528.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20200630_191533.jpg  

archat68 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 14:57   #574
BHPian

Your suggestions on Ignis

Planning to buy the Ignis:

Basic requirements:
1. Should be a small car.
2. Auto transmission
3. Under 9-lakh
4. Easy maintenance.

My first choice was Wagon R, very spacious, mature design, excellent K12M engine, Maruti - so no worries with maintenance, fairly decent AMT. What kills me is the cheap interior quality - even by MS standards: seats are too soft, overall build quality is too light, cost cutting everywhere, open the glove box and you can see the parts behind. Ignis seems to overcome all these shortcomings and meet all my conditions.

+ves:
1. Meets all my requirements.
2. Fairly decent interiors --- better NVH levels, firm and bolstered seats, overall plastic quality is much better.
3. Several accessories I would've like to add in the Wagon R comes as standard in Ignis --- Alloys, 175 tyres, wheel arch and side mouldings,.. Take into account the cost of these accessories, price difference is almost made up.

-ves:
1. Design --- yukk!! 'nuff said.
2. Slightly shorter boot space than Wagon R due to the slanting roof, but I can live with that.

Can't think of any competition that comes close to these two, especially when it comes to maintenance. Would like to know from owners more about Ignis, do throw in your suggestions.

Few questions:
1. I am selling my old car through Cars 24, before buying this. The Sales guy from Nexa said I can't get the Exchange bonus unless I do it through True Value. Elsewhere I heard that I can get half the exchange bonus. Can someone confirm.

2. The Sales guy also mentioned that the ICE in Alpha is a Harman system with JBL speakers, while in the Zeta variant it's a Bosch set up. How correct is this?

3. On NCB: The Insurance on my current car has a 50% NCB. How do I transfer this to my new car insurance? Anything to watch out for before I hand over my car to Cars24?

4. The quote on Ignis Alpha is 8.50 On Road including:
Insurance: 31k (B2B, 1yr od + 3yr tp)
5yr warranty: 12.5k (optional)
Auto card: 1180/-
basic kit: 7576/- (opt)
Cash discount: 15k
Corporate discount: 3.1k

I don't want the Auto card (some reward programme), is it optional?
Any other discounts I can bargain for?

Much obliged for your suggestions.
Old 10th July 2020, 15:54   #575
BHPian

Re: Your suggestions on Ignis

Ignis is a good car but is this car really worth it for 8.5lacs? Grand i10 Nios Asta AMT looks more value for money as the gearshifts are a lot better when compared to the Ignis AMT and the interior quality is also better than the Ignis.
I own a Baleno Alpha and the build quality is strictly average as is the case with the Ignis. But then if Ignis satisfies you fully then go ahead with your purchase.

Last edited by Sahilrai166 : 10th July 2020 at 15:55.
Sahilrai166 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 16:13   #576
BHPian

Ignis is a nice car, but 8.5 lakhs is too much for such a compact size car. Since you have a budget of 9 lakhs, you can consider the below options:

1) Amaze V CVT
2) Nexon XMA
3) Grand i10 Nios AMT
karan0009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 16:13   #577
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Planning to buy the Ignis:

1. I am selling my old car through Cars 24, before buying this. The Sales guy from Nexa said I can't get the Exchange bonus unless I do it through True Value. Elsewhere I heard that I can get half the exchange bonus. Can someone confirm.

3. On NCB: The Insurance on my current car has a 50% NCB. How do I transfer this to my new car insurance? Anything to watch out for before I hand over my car to Cars24?.
For transfer of NCB to your new car, please refer to this

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...-premiums.html (ARTICLE: No Claim Bonus - How to save on your insurance premiums!)

If True value offer + exchange bonus = cars24, you could go with true value.

One point - your NCB will be transferred to the new car only if the old one was also in the same class viz.1000 to 1500cc.

On a side note, why don't you look at low run used cars on cars24?

Last edited by BlackPearl : 11th July 2020 at 06:01. Reason: Edited. Thanks.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 22:42   #578
BHPian

Thanks guys for your inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahilrai166 View Post
Grand i10 Nios Asta AMT looks more value for money as the gearshifts are a lot better when compared to the Ignis AMT and the interior quality is also better than the Ignis.
I thought Nios was less spacious than the Ignis, besides Maruti is much more easier to maintain than Hyundai. No doubts on all your other points. Will take a TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan0009 View Post
1) Amaze V CVT
2) Nexon XMA
3) Grand i10 Nios AMT
I have dog to take around, hatchback is the preference. I have some constraints with the width of the car, besides maintenance, which rules out Nexon. Will TD Nios next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
If True value offer + exchange bonus = cars24, you could go with true value.

One point - your NCB will be transferred to the Icons only if the old one was also in the same class viz.1000 to 1500cc.

On a side note, why don't you look at low run used cars on cars24?
I was familiar with that thread, but a simple check list of what all to be careful about when I handover the car to Cars24 would be helpful. True Value's offer including Exchange bonus was much lower than Cars 24. Also, prefer a new car, don't want hidden surprises!
Old 10th July 2020, 23:30   #579
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Planning to buy the Ignis
Ignis is a good choice. But VFM of ignis is with delta variant. Definitely car is not worth 8.5L. Instead you can buy a delta AMT under 6.5L or zeta AMT under 7L OTR and it is a decent price for an Ignis. Anything above is an overkill for the car. On the design part you will definitely come back and see this post of mine. The design will grow on you. Period. You will appreciate its European design for sure. BTW we have an AMT delta variant as a beater for our family. It's a beauty. Elders appreciate for it's convenience. Spacious too. It's a fun car and any visual mod you throw in it looks good on it. Only grouse is the typical MS build quality. Rest all fine.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 05:56   #580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
what all to be careful about when I handover the car to Cars24
If you are listing the car on cars24, you have nothing to worry about as the car is still with you.

If you sell the car to cars24 outright, the risks are the same as selling to any other used car division ( like True Value, UTrust, Auto Terrace etc.) - you'll be paid but the car and documents will be with them and will be transferred ONLY when they find a buyer.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 12:20   #581
BHPian

After using the zeta manual variant for 3 years, i can confidently say its really worth the money you put.Less maintenance and good mileage.The car settles down beautifully after 3rd service and the engine is a treat.Build quality is way better than baleno.But if you are more keen on interiors and comfort i feel nios will be a better option.i personally like Hyundai interiors to Maruti's.EPS was very light initially but after upgrading the tyres and after running few 1000 km's it has become acceptable.But for city usage steering wont pose any concern.

Last edited by shebin : 11th July 2020 at 12:23.
shebin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 13:00   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebin View Post
After using the zeta manual variant for 3 years, i can confidently say its really worth the money you put.
Zeta is my choice too. Comes to 7.4L OTR, without the basic accessory kit and the Auto card (Is it optional?). I think Zeta is also the best value proposition if I go for Ignis. But I will TD Nios too before I decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
....If you sell the car to cars24 outright, the risks are the same as selling to any other used car division ( like True Value, UTrust, Auto Terrace etc.) - you'll be paid but the car and documents will be with them and will be transferred ONLY when they find a buyer.
This is my current position...
They put up my car for their instant auction and found a buyer. But before I could hand over the car next day our city went into a lockdown. Cars24 have extended the timeline, till the lockdown is lifted. Now, I am not sure if the buyer is still interested, but the offer from Cars24 is live.

I am not in a hurry to buy my next car, I can wait till I get the RC transfer papers.

This is what I am not clear about....
My car has almost an entire years Insurance left, and has an NCB of 50%. So when I handover my car to Cars24 does my Insurance and NCB benefit go with it? Do I still get an NCB certificate from my insurance company? Or do I withhold the insurance part from being transferred?
Old 12th July 2020, 22:43   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Installed iphcar projectors with hid sourced from Blaze Cars, New Delhi in the fog. Pretty good experience.
As the rainy season is in full swing, How are the lights holding up? Im planning for fogs in my Delta..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Ignis is a good choice.. The design will grow on you..
+100. Personally when I spot another Ignis on the road it gives a visual jerk to the sea of designs. The platform has a lot of potential too.

Quote:
Zeta is my choice too.. and the Auto card (Is it optional?).. I think Zeta is also the best value proposition if I go for Ignis. But I will TD Nios too ..but the offer from Cars24 is live.
Auto card is optional. I was in your boat six-seven months ago albeit with a far lower budget but Cars24 was a very bitter experience for me. I finally exchanged my car with Ignis and they transferred the NCB from my dad's name (old car) to my name (new car) and we opted for same insurance company. Upgrading from the F8D to the K12M was the reason that sealed the deal for me. Nios alongwith its steering just dint feel that perfect. Also the car is a bit wide and 3200~kms in I'm still getting used to it, does not like to be accelerated hard and is tuned to cruise with single beeps all day long. Do try to go for it if possible, those wide kinda bug eyes will make you forget everything that happened throughout the day as you turn back for that last look after you lock your car..
arindam.dino is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 00:44   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam.dino View Post
As the rainy season is in full swing, How are the lights holding up? Im planning for fogs in my Delta..
Pretty good so far. But haven't drove in the torrential rain yet.
Old 13th July 2020, 11:36   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Auto card is optional.
Thanks a lot, just saved me a thousand bucks!
Quote:
.....and they transferred the NCB from my dad's name (old car) to my name (new car) and we opted for same insurance company.
Can you tell me more. Won't the insurance of the old car get transferred to the new owner? Do you get NCB in spite of that?
Quote:
Upgrading from the F8D to the K12M was the reason that sealed the deal for me. .....Also the car is a bit wide...
K12M is the main reason why I too am considering the Ignis. Do the interiors, especially the rear seat, really feel wider? Or do you mean the bulge in the rear wheel arch which protrudes out considerably?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks